Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (The Burning Life p 38)

Author Topic: Re: game mechanics and rp involving them  (Read 1497 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: game mechanics and rp involving them
« on: 27 Oct 2014, 02:51 »

@Lyn: you get over it, too.  I'm not paying a monthly subscription or buying PLEXes with ISK I grinded up myself so that I can make sure someone else is having a good time.  I don't give a shit if anyone's having a good time or not.  If I suicide gank a miner, I don't care that he had a good time - I enjoyed it.  If I wardec a corporation and their activity level drops so low from their players simply emo-quitting the game until the corporation is effectively dead (Du'uma Fiisi did this twice), I don't care that they had a good time - I enjoyed it.  I don't care if other RPers choose not to interact with the concept of baseliner youth buying Mizhara and Havohej t-shirts in the same way that modern youth wear Che Guevara t-shirts on the basis of "it's not ingame items, u cant do dis".  Fuck them and their opinion, I'm having fun and they don't have to play with me if they don't want to - it's their money/ISK spent on their subscription time and they can do whatever they bloody well please with that time!  Plenty of other people are playing with me and enjoying themselves right along with me.

I'm already over it. I was only pointing one of the main issues along with the community unfriendliness towards newbies and RP newcomers in general.

Don't fall into the extreme and hyperboles either, I never told people to give all their shit to others and making sure they have a good time, nor healing miners after ganking their hulks out of the sky.  :roll:

If people want to tell others to 'go fuck themselves' (your words) every time there is a question about RP that comes out, well, that's sad, but as you say, you do as you want, your money, your right to be a... oh well, no, I don't know how to say that without being catacombed. To be uncouth ? lol.

That's just, you know, as a RP milieu, we tend to play together in a MMO (emphasis on the multiplayer part of it and all), and that while it is sensible sometimes as Miz said above to end up ignoring and blocking and stopping interacting at some point because :incompatibilities: I just feel that to most players it's the default option.

Well, no surprise to me that the community has been in such a shape for a long time. People playing in cliques, having drama and resorting to petty snipes against each other at every corner (like you know, people reporting others over imaginary things on the IGS so they get banned just because they don't like them, that kind of stuff). If that's the kind of atmosphere you want, that's your right since you pay for it, I guess. Maybe that's not really what you strive for (though sometimes I wonder if a lot of eve players just simply love to bask into that kind of things but I suppose that's more a general internet/gaming thingy), but to me it's the rather obvious result of it. Has never been so crystal clear, especially with more detachment now.

That's actually one of the main things that prevents me to come back to have some RP shenanigans. Not in space, mind you, but that's another story anyway.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2014, 03:15 »

So choosing not to interact with someone or some thing in a video game is me being uncouth?

Yeah... that definitely merits a "go fuck yourself" in my book, though I'll point out that you misquoted me.  I haven't told anyone to "go fuck themselves" on this forum recently.

It really sounds like you're butthurt over an IGS ban that someone else who participates on this forum (you suspect) had something to do with.  So you're, you know... "projecting", or something?  If this isn't the case, if I am in fact mistaken on that point, then the absurdity of your post outstrips anything I've ever read before, and man... I've seen some shit on these interwebz.

I don't really care.  I've never once interacted with you via the Eve Online client in an OOC or IC capacity, nor can I recall our characters interacting on the IGS.  So for me, and Havohej, inside the game world of Eve Online... you and your character also don't exist.  Is that uncouth?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lyn Farel

Re: Re: game mechanics and rp involving them
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2014, 04:04 »

So choosing not to interact with someone or some thing in a video game is me being uncouth?

No...

Yeah... that definitely merits a "go fuck yourself" in my book, though I'll point out that you misquoted me.  I haven't told anyone to "go fuck themselves" on this forum recently.

You are telling "go fuck yourself and your opinion" to people stating an opinion. Your exact words. vOv

It really sounds like you're butthurt over an IGS ban that someone else who participates on this forum (you suspect) had something to do with.  So you're, you know... "projecting", or something?  If this isn't the case, if I am in fact mistaken on that point, then the absurdity of your post outstrips anything I've ever read before, and man... I've seen some shit on these interwebz.

I'm not 'butthurt' over anything. I'm starting to get 'butthurt' at your insistence to use derogatory words like that to belittle the other point of view, though. Even if to me it's quite showing that if you already have to resort to that kind of snipes it's already on the verge of inflammatory posts and catacombing.

I'm not quite sure either why you seem to insinuate that I am projecting over a single issue of people participating on this forum or I don't even know what you are suggesting or talking about... So anyway, what if I am projecting and putting myself on the shoes of others ? What are you trying to say ?

I don't really care.  I've never once interacted with you via the Eve Online client in an OOC or IC capacity, nor can I recall our characters interacting on the IGS.  So for me, and Havohej, inside the game world of Eve Online... you and your character also don't exist.  Is that uncouth?

What the hell are you talking about ? I don't even...

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2014, 05:12 »

You are telling "go fuck yourself and your opinion" to people stating an opinion. Your exact words. vOv
No.  My exact words were "Fuck them and their opinion."  Not "go fuck yourself".

insinuate that I am projecting over a single issue of
Single issue of your every post.  Ever since I've become active again, I can't read three posts by Lyn Farel (that's you) without two of them trying to present opinionated self-righteousness as objectivity.  Most of it I put down to language barrier - mind you, that isn't an insult.  Everyone's first language isn't English, it's the most common language and so we have people from around the world trying to communicate with each other through it.  Sometimes, shit gets blurry in the translation.

But Lyn, nearly every single post you make on any topic of substance on this board is filled with "But [Lyn Farel's opinion] is correct and if you aren't believing as I do, then you are a bad person in real life."  Every.  Single.  Time.  It's like Backstage has its own DK, only instead of rabid nationalism and prejudice, Backstage's DK rides a high horse and moral indignation follow in its wake.  I read your words, and I can't help thinking of old women on old movies, growing pale of cheek and sighing dramatically, back of their hands to their heads, crying "Well, I never!"

This topic is just one case of it.

If people want to tell others to 'go fuck themselves' (your words) every time there is a question about RP that comes out, well, that's sad, but as you say, you do as you want, your money, your right to be a... oh well, no, I don't know how to say that without being catacombed. To be uncouth ? lol.

My right to be a what?  An asshole?  A meanie?  A big ol' doody head?  "Uncouth"?  Fuck you, Lyn.  Me choosing not to play with somebody doesn't make me any of those things.  It makes me somebody who chooses not to play with somebody else.  If they don't like it... that's not my problem.  It's their problem.  And if they, and people like them, want to cast aspersions on me for choosing not to play with them, suggesting that I am "uncouth" or anything else, then yes, here, since you keep quoting me as having said it, they, and you, can go fuck themselves.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2014, 05:15 »

Okay dial it down now guys.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2014, 05:20 »

But I'm almost at post-count 1337.  I can't stop posting until I get there.

Twitter

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2014, 05:33 »

But I'm almost at post-count 1337.  I can't stop posting until I get there.

Casual scrub.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2014, 12:28 »

Regarding your parade of alts affectionately dubbed "The Blonde Horde", you've taken one person's lack of desire to interact with your story entirely too personally.  The best response, I think, would be more along the lines of "Yeah, well, that's just, like... your opinion, man."  You've created these characters.  Plenty of people interact with them.  What does it matter that this one person doesn't?

Get over it.

Is "Get Over It" appropriate language as per the FaQ ?

Also, the "blonde horde", i.e. CTCS, has 4 (four), different people behind it.

Given that plenty of people interact with them, and that plenty of people interact with several of the other characters that are not strictly possible via game mechanics (Ammatar, Thukker, non-capsuleer characters, miscellaneous), then perhaps, Mizhara should be the one to "Get Over It", no ?

Or at least, stop mentioning it at every opportunity.

it's the same behaviour as Diana Kim. Don't like something, that other people seem to? Interject and make a loud noise, and make a scene.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2014, 12:38 »

it's the same behaviour as Diana Kim. Don't like something, that other people seem to? Interject and make a loud noise, and make a scene.

But if that "something" happens to be "that some people don't want to interact with XYZ character/concept/thing/doodad because they don't like it or find it breaks their immersion or annoys them", it's not?
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2014, 12:50 »

Oh fuck it, I haven't been in the Catacombs for a while. Will you please stop with the incessant whining and bitching? Miz mentioned it in two fucking sentences when the subject came up (and the Summit was granted a delightful insight into the sex life of Blonde #Whatever) and was discussed rather loquaciously. Two. Fucking. Sentences. Get over it. It wasn't mentioned in OOC either until you started pestering me about it in that channel and you were told there exactly the same as you were told here. I could not give less of a fuck what you think I should or should not incorporate into my New Eden. I will in perpetuity consider The Blonde Horde utterly fucking idiotic and unsuitable for New Eden and there is frankly not a god damn thing you can do about that.

I have never asked you to stop RPing that pack of speshul snowflakes, and never will. I will never ask you to incorporate anything into your New Eden that you don't consider to be suitable. I will never demand that other people conform to my idea of what New Eden should be and I expect the same fucking courtesy in turn.

Your incessant whining and bitching as soon as someone doesn't take your utterly fucking ridiculous characters seriously is getting quite tiresome and if you really can't handle that someone out there in New Eden considers the Blonde Horde to be just another pack of crazies, use your fucking block button and move on.

The Summit is not your fucking personal playground and that means other people will provide their own IC input in there, and if you don't like that? See above. God you're an annoying and whiny person.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2014, 12:55 »

Oh fuck it, I haven't been in the Catacombs for a while. Will you please stop with the incessant whining and bitching? Miz mentioned it in two fucking sentences when the subject came up (and the Summit was granted a delightful insight into the sex life of Blonde #Whatever) and was discussed rather loquaciously. Two. Fucking. Sentences. Get over it. It wasn't mentioned in OOC either until you started pestering me about it in that channel and you were told there exactly the same as you were told here. I could not give less of a fuck what you think I should or should not incorporate into my New Eden. I will in perpetuity consider The Blonde Horde utterly fucking idiotic and unsuitable for New Eden and there is frankly not a god damn thing you can do about that.

I have never asked you to stop RPing that pack of speshul snowflakes, and never will. I will never ask you to incorporate anything into your New Eden that you don't consider to be suitable. I will never demand that other people conform to my idea of what New Eden should be and I expect the same fucking courtesy in turn.

Your incessant whining and bitching as soon as someone doesn't take your utterly fucking ridiculous characters seriously is getting quite tiresome and if you really can't handle that someone out there in New Eden considers the Blonde Horde to be just another pack of crazies, use your fucking block button and move on.

The Summit is not your fucking personal playground and that means other people will provide their own IC input in there, and if you don't like that? See above. God you're an annoying and whiny person.

lol
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #11 on: 27 Oct 2014, 14:56 »

[admin]Direct insults, reply to modded post and so forth.[/admin]

Also, how you gonna tell me to calm down and then snap a rod?   :psyccp:

Twitter

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #12 on: 27 Oct 2014, 15:22 »

Also, the "blonde horde", i.e. CTCS, has 4 (four), different people behind it.
Meh.  I've seen it called an alt parade, and as they're all such similar characters, I didn't bother questioning it.  In the end, it doesn't really matter how many players are behind the characters, or how many players interact with the characters.  There are going to be people who choose not to interact with the characters.  That's their prerogative.  That's been the entire point here this whole time.

Nobody has to do or play with anything that they don't want to, and nobody's a bad person, or uncouth, or whatever else, for deciding who and what they interact with (not that you have said as much, but it's been said and I'm addressing it).

Twitter

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #13 on: 27 Oct 2014, 20:04 »

[mod]Let's go ahead and walk away on this one, guys. Let's not insult eachother, eachother's play style, or assign motives to posting. Let's also not bring vague accusations about reporting people from the IGS into it (?) as that's pretty much flamebait against whoever you are carefully avoiding accusing.[/mod]