Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ammatars regard themselves as the true rulers of the Minmatars? Read more here.

Author Topic: Re: Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!  (Read 833 times)

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
Re: Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!
« on: 26 Oct 2014, 05:45 »

[spoiler]
For the past three months, civilian populations across several major planets in the Amarr Empire have been subject to anti-Theology Council propaganda beamed at their planets from hidden transmitters.

The Imperial Navy and Ministry of Internal Order have been unable to locate these transmitters, causing consternation at the highest level of Imperial politics.
[/spoiler]

Not really, but lol. inb4 someone says it's not possible by game mechanics. hurp.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Re: Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2014, 08:29 »

Why would someone say it's impossible? I distinctly remember the show info for some mission structures that says the satellite dish type things you find in missions can be used to beam propaganda across a system. Communications Telescope I think they're called.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2014, 08:35 »

Why would someone say it's impossible? I distinctly remember the show info for some mission structures that says the satellite dish type things you find in missions can be used to beam propaganda across a system. Communications Telescope I think they're called.

It is just spill over grumpyness from a discussion that happened in the OOC channel yesterday.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2014, 08:51 »

Because a mobile depot, containing the ingame items hydrogen batteries, miniature electronics and transmitters, is not one of those structures you mentioned, regardless of what it's called. It's just a mobile depot with a stupid name.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2014, 09:08 »

Not sure I'm reading this right. Are you trying to say what you're doing/trying to do is not actually happening?

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!
« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2014, 09:34 »

[admin]We're not going to drag BS from the OOC channel ingame to hash out on Backstage by baiting a continuance of the dispute in a community resource thread.  If you want to discuss the legitimacy or illegitimacy of different RP gimmicks and how such legitimacy or lack thereof relates or does not relate to what is or is not represented by in-game items, do so appropriately, with a thread on the appropriate board.[/admin]
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2014, 09:36 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.