Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In YC110 Mixed Metaphor corporation declared war to stop distribution of the NHB Ultra Happy Chip™? It didn't work out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: All that is gold does not glitter - Data sites, expeditions and more  (Read 5299 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Basically, we’ve cut a lot of unnecessary text from all Career Agent missions to sharpen the focus on the objectives.
Emphasis mine.

The only agents this affects are each factions 5 Career agents. Most of the affected text was pure fluff that added nothing, (although, it didn't detract anything either) to the missions themselves. I think this is a good change, as it allows new players to very clearly and easily see what their objectives are.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

"That added nothing", I guess it boils down to whom you talk to.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2014, 02:54 by Lyn Farel »

Jace

• Veteran

Since I've never done the career agent missions, I can't really comment on the content of their 'fluff' text. Can anyone fill me in? What do they talk about? Any lore or backstory?

Lyn Farel

Time to save them all somewhere for posterity !

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

They don't, as far as I recall.

Jace

• Veteran

So all of the backlash is just a slipper slope fear that regular missions will be next?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette

The thing that strikes me about this is that it was even worth mentioning in a dev blog.   I think you are really stretching for something to include in your change log when you have to highlight you are deleting some text.

But hey, that's just me.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
\o/

Karynn

The old briefing says something about the module being useful for traveling toward stargates on autopilot - nothing wrong with getting rid of bad advice like that!

Jace

• Veteran

The old briefing says something about the module being useful for traveling toward stargates on autopilot - nothing wrong with getting rid of bad advice like that!

Lol, this is true.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

The career agents are terrible. I have done them far too many times, on far too many characters, because they give out a lot of free crap. But they are obnoxious to run. They have a bit of a story to them, but the thing is, the rewards that are supposed to be given out are all weird, so you go into a mission given a specific ship piece in the last mission that doesn't help you at all on this next mission. No, you need to go and train this completely unspecified skill so that you can fit this other module they mentioned nothing about until right this very moment.

I was given a remote repair frigate while I was doing the exploration one I believe? I was not given probes or a probe launcher, I had to figure that out myself.

The one with the most storyline is probably the military one, in that one the pirate says to you at the end "you know, you can work for the pirates" but that about sums up the depth of the story. The other tend to have less then that, though I think in the advanced military one your agent was fucking with you a bit.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jace

• Veteran

I had no idea this many people actually did those missions.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

You do them for two reasons:

A ) On a new character, they give you many ships, modules, and, most importantly, skill books. This is very useful.

B ) Finishing each career agent gives you +10 faction standing. Ergo, doing all 5 career agents in all 3 schools for a faction is a massive easy boost to faction standing--even without skills, you'll be ending around 3.00 faction standing (having started from 0.00) after doing all of them.

Jace

• Veteran

You do them for two reasons:

A ) On a new character, they give you many ships, modules, and, most importantly, skill books. This is very useful.

B ) Finishing each career agent gives you +10 faction standing. Ergo, doing all 5 career agents in all 3 schools for a faction is a massive easy boost to faction standing--even without skills, you'll be ending around 3.00 faction standing (having started from 0.00) after doing all of them.

Ah, nifty. Good to know. Learn something really old everyday, it seems.
Pages: 1 [2] 3