Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Operating a manufactoring line at Carthum Conglomerate...  (Read 5808 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Operating a manufactoring line at Carthum Conglomerate...
« Reply #15 on: 03 Jun 2010, 19:52 »

Quote from: Gallente 'Candid Camera Drone' Presenter
We've secretly replaced Havohej's own 800mm armor plates with identical plates fabricated in the Empire by Viziam slave laborers.  Let's see if he notices!
T2 800mm Armor plates are based on Amarrian Encryption, quiet possibly encoded by slaves.  If you armor tank, you support slavery!

LSEIIs for ~1m isk for sale at your local Lai Dai retailers  :D

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 03 Jun 2010, 21:32 »

the Only place that is black and white in EVE, is some characters opinions.

Just the way I like it.

I don't know. Discounting explosions, there's not a lot of white in EVE, granted, but there's plenty of black.  :D
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 04 Jun 2010, 01:03 »

If you have anything to do with any economy in EVE you are supporting slavery.

It's like the wikipedia game where you try to get to Jesus with six clicks, you can probably get to Amarrian slave produced goods in some way or another by following the money trails...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #18 on: 04 Jun 2010, 12:32 »

I believe the EVE market isn't complex enough to deal with this issue. You can't refuse to sell items to certain people of low standing, it's a general market that everyone has access to, even your enemies.

As far as who makes what, if a terrorist shoots Americans with an American made M-16, he's still a terrorist :p

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #19 on: 04 Jun 2010, 12:54 »

I disagree entirely. It certainly takes more effort to buy from trusted industrialists, and limits your options,but if you're playing a radical that should be a small price to pay.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #20 on: 04 Jun 2010, 13:18 »

That's why we have a contract market and an "open" market (not to mention in-station player-to-player trade). Right on, Kaleigh.

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 04 Jun 2010, 14:17 »

Yeah the contract system and open trades are just as user friendly as the market :P

If the average pvper didn't use the open market, they wouldn't have time to play eve.

"Hold on, I need to go to Dodixie to pick up a damage control on contract, then I need to run to Rens to get the AC's I need from a trusted person. The fleet will still be up in an hour right?

But if your level of immersion demands that you play contracts online instead of EVE online, more power to you.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #22 on: 04 Jun 2010, 14:50 »

In larger organizations, there is often enough internal manufacturing to meet the needs of most members.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #23 on: 04 Jun 2010, 15:20 »

Yeah the contract system and open trades are just as user friendly as the market :P

If the average pvper didn't use the open market, they wouldn't have time to play eve.

"Hold on, I need to go to Dodixie to pick up a damage control on contract, then I need to run to Rens to get the AC's I need from a trusted person. The fleet will still be up in an hour right?

But if your level of immersion demands that you play contracts online instead of EVE online, more power to you.

I think that's the point im trying to make. Calling out your own hypocrisy (ur supporting slavery using the open market while doing so yourself) isn't really all that wise to begin with.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #24 on: 04 Jun 2010, 16:04 »

If your RP revolves around immersive trade, then I think that's a reasonable way to go.

If you're just trying to get back into space for (IC) pew pew, then you may need to compromise, sure.

Vikarion

« Reply #25 on: 04 Jun 2010, 18:13 »

One of the things I've realized in Eve and in real life is that people will always be able to throw mud at you and have it stick, whether or not it should.

The key to surviving is being too powerful for those who throw mud to oppose.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #26 on: 04 Jun 2010, 20:24 »

Then you blow up an amarrian ship crewed my matari slaves and later run a mission for the republic which pays taxes to CONCORD.  CONCORD then uses those taxes to defend the borders of the Amarrian Empire.  Any one who has ever run a mission for any Empire or bought anything from the SCC market is a slaver.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #27 on: 05 Jun 2010, 03:31 »

the Empires agri worlds also exported to the rest of the cluster, heavily enough that there were reports of shortages or even famines when the empyrean age war started and this trade was reduced.
Ealur, home of possibly the most sidelined and oppressed race in EVE, has a Gallente commercial station in it. "Genuine Handmade Sports Shoes!!!"  :eek:
All the powers are part of the CONCORD treaties, which are supposed to keep humanity from wasting each other (again).
Selling anything in an Amarr station, or renting an office, or using any facilities, gives ISK to that Amarr corporation.
Purchasing datacores from Amarr agents, or blueprints for things too. Missions for Amarr corporations.
There's a whole lot of things that are indirectly benefitting from slavery.

Selling slaves, or purchasing them, however, directly supports slave trading and slavery.

That might be the only line that can be drawn.
\o/

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 07 Jun 2010, 22:13 »

Even the Republic Security Services supposedly has secret dealings with the Angel Cartel. It 'can' be perfectly IC to have backroom dealings with enemy agents depending on your character's mindset and morality.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #29 on: 14 Jun 2010, 11:07 »

Good points made by many here.

Allow me to take your conclusions one step further.  8)

Anything you do for CONCORD or any Empire can be connected to eventually supporting the Amarr Empire. Fine. True enough.

The only way I can see around this is to conclude that supporting the Amarr Empire is not the same as supporting slavery.

However, by that logic, opposing the Amarr Empire is not the same as opposing slavery...and that sort of thinking probably doesn't roll too well with BloodyFists or the like very well, eh?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 [2] 3