Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Grown on a terrestrial world in the Harroule system, the Dryweed plant has fragile, yellowish leaves that burn very slowly, giving off a pleasant vapor that is known to have a soothing effect when inhaled.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Moving/Removing the legend.  (Read 7440 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Moving/Removing the legend.
« Reply #30 on: 28 Oct 2014, 13:09 »

it's a fault with the theme. Doesn't have a full set of images. It's to do with language settings.

the SMF default theme works fine.

back in black gives you eyestrain anyway. grey text on black background is not very readable. theme seems more trouble than it's worth.
\o/

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #31 on: 30 Oct 2014, 15:07 »

the back in black theme is full of broken images for new posts

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/Themes/backnblack_20g/images/english_british-utf8/new.gif

404 Not Found.

Broken image boxes, everywhere.

That's the other theme I restored to show Morwen. If you pick the forum default the images should be there as normal. You'll know it's the right one because it will have the Backstage banner at the top left.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #32 on: 30 Oct 2014, 15:17 »

i still seem to see the broken images if I select "forum default", or either of the "back in black" themes, including the one that 0 people are currently using.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/Themes/backnblack_204/images/english_british-utf8/new.gif says it's a broken link, as does http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/Themes/backnblack_20g/images/english_british-utf8/new.gif

i think they work if I change to "English" language instead of "English british"
\o/

Misan

• Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 30 Oct 2014, 15:24 »

Hmm, okay, that's odd. There simply aren't any other language specific folders besides English.   :ugh:

I can force the forum to stick to English only, which shouldn't impact much (it's all UTF8 encoding anyhow), but not doing that unless necessary...or once I have more time to investigate.
Twitter

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #34 on: 30 Oct 2014, 15:30 »

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/Themes/backnblack_20g/images/english_british-utf8/new.gif

404 Not Found.

That's the other theme I restored to show Morwen. If you pick the forum default the images should be there as normal. You'll know it's the right one because it will have the Backstage banner at the top left.

Except you didn't restore it, Misan. See these pictures, taken less than a few minutes ago. Everything marked with a red arrow was changed when you mucked with the theme to remove something that didn't need to be removed at all:
- Black vertical line next to portrait icon
- White breadcrumb text (should be blue)
- Grey mouseover color for links that are still blue
- Lack of actual quotebox
- Dark grey background in text input fields and dropdowns
- Light grey text in text input fields and dropdowns
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #35 on: 30 Oct 2014, 15:34 »

Erm, those pictures are all of a theme working as intended. It looks good, clean and useful. Much better than the old theme.

Misan

• Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 31 Oct 2014, 12:55 »

404 Not Found.

Except you didn't restore it, Misan. See these pictures, taken less than a few minutes ago. Everything marked with a red arrow was changed when you mucked with the theme to remove something that didn't need to be removed at all:
- Black vertical line next to portrait icon
- White breadcrumb text (should be blue)
- Grey mouseover color for links that are still blue
- Lack of actual quotebox
- Dark grey background in text input fields and dropdowns
- Light grey text in text input fields and dropdowns

I didn't muck with the theme. I made one small CSS change to #posticons. The rest of the CSS is setup as the theme is designed. The theme you're referring to was an outdated version that I should never have had installed, or at least removed once SMF went past RC1.

I apologize for the sudden change since the old/alternative version of the theme had different styling. If the dark theme is no longer working for you, there are at least several others installed that can be used.
Twitter

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #37 on: 31 Oct 2014, 13:44 »

Don't let it get to ya, Misan. You're doing good work and Backstage should be grateful for it.

Pages: 1 2 [3]