Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Blood Raiders are a sect of the Sani Sabik who spend their lives in space hunting down and harvesting non-believers for their blood? Read more here!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Announcement - New Eden Capsulers Writing Contest  (Read 3138 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Re: Announcement - New Eden Capsulers Writing Contest
« Reply #15 on: 16 Sep 2014, 02:15 »

Me on October 14th

The very model of a British Minmatarian

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #16 on: 16 Sep 2014, 12:13 »

Well since Norrin is giving Luna an extra billion for prizes, I'll update the numbers and add 11th-15th  I already have 4 submissions  and several commitments to submit so I hope people take advantage of the excuse to get their creative juices flowing.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 17 Sep 2014, 18:11 »

A writing contest?

So wish I could remember which Amarrian bar that was in where people were making up/reciting poems and songs.  I must have been in a RL creative mood that night as I made up something completely on the fly. 

These days I'm not .. mm for a lack of a better term, not feeling so good. (RL sucks?  I and my body dislike change and theres just been too much of it as of late.) 

Aldrith MUST ATTEND of course, it is only absolutely required.  Maybe someone should make him judge, being a Poet and all. :p

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #18 on: 17 Sep 2014, 18:14 »

A writing contest?

So wish I could remember which Amarrian bar that was in where people were making up/reciting poems and songs.  I must have been in a RL creative mood that night as I made up something completely on the fly. 

These days I'm not .. mm for a lack of a better term, not feeling so good. (RL sucks?  I and my body dislike change and theres just been too much of it as of late.) 

Aldrith MUST ATTEND of course, it is only absolutely required.  Maybe someone should make him judge, being a Poet and all. :p

Arista it was the Raven Poetry House in Nahyeen, which not coincidentially is where the readings for the winners will be held :)
I don't use it often but that's what it's for. I suspect I dragged you there one night :)

Also I updated lead post to reflect new prize amounts.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 17 Sep 2014, 18:16 »

If you need a co-judge, I'd be happy to lend a hand! Else I will write an poetic essay or so, I guess. <,<

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 17 Sep 2014, 18:26 »

Maybe I'll warm up my iambic pentameter engine.  I'm pretty good at epic poetry, used to go to a poetry reading thingy in EQ2 once a week..

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #21 on: 18 Sep 2014, 06:23 »

Friendly reminder. if you send me your submission to my email account (linked to luna's info here at backstage) please let me know your character name so credit can be given! 
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2014, 06:48 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2014, 20:55 »

It was more a joke than anything, although any writing would come from an apostate character anyhow. Great initiative, but got no one that could join in, really.

You realize that since there are 15 prizes, if less than 15 non-apostates respond, your apostate gets their work published by an Amarr do-gooder.

Just saying...

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #23 on: 20 Sep 2014, 05:23 »

What are the rules regarding the submission of multiple works? For example, would it be possible to send in multiple short poems and have the possibility of the best regarded one being selected for a certain prize?

Also, what are the policies regarding submission of multiple works through alternate characters?
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #24 on: 20 Sep 2014, 13:09 »

What are the rules regarding the submission of multiple works? For example, would it be possible to send in multiple short poems and have the possibility of the best regarded one being selected for a certain prize?

Also, what are the policies regarding submission of multiple works through alternate characters?

Multiple submissions are fine. (including by more than one character).

I may treat poems or other very short works as one submission (a poetry collection) in my discretion if submitted by one character and thematically related.

Also, I am not awarding 15 prizes just cause I get 15 submissions.  Awards will be given to those who merit it :) although given what I've seen so far, I am pretty confident all 15 will be awarded.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #25 on: 28 Sep 2014, 17:40 »

Addendum:

I assumed it need not be said, but any work submitted should be the writer's own. 

« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2014, 21:57 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 28 Sep 2014, 18:01 »

I believe this calls for public shaming.  :D

No, no. That's wrong.  :oops:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #27 on: 28 Sep 2014, 18:32 »

No, no. That's wrong.  :oops:

No, it's right. People should know better than to do that shit.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #28 on: 10 Oct 2014, 21:18 »

Due to an OOC medical issue for one player, I am extending the deadline for all submissions another week to October 22nd.

I've gotten 15 very good submissions so far and I'll make sure everyone gets a prize for at least participating at this point. I've been very pleasantly surprised :)  The hard part is going to be judging and picking the top 4....

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 10 Oct 2014, 21:27 »

Woo, an extension. I might be able to get something in, then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3