Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That not all slaves are subjected to the Vitoc treatment?  Read more about the Vitoc method here.

Author Topic: A History of the Colonization of Khanid Prime system  (Read 555 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

From my 'interview' for my extremely brief stint on the fiction team

1. Khanid Prime System

CONCORD Historical Database of Solar Systems - Khanid Prime System
Part 1: 22400 - 22754; Colonization to death of Khanid I
Consult Part 2 for 22754 - YC 113; Khanid II to current
Overview:
Khanid Prime is the capital system of the Khanid Kingdom, located in the Nohshayess constellation. It is the seat of government for the entire Kingdom, and also the location of the famous Royal Palace, on planet Khanid IV.  Since its initial colonization more than 800 years ago, the system has grown from a deserted collection of planets on the edge of Imperial space, into the prosperous capital of an entire region.  Its people have seen wars and rebellions, booms and busts... and through it all the people of Khanid Prime have always been able to adapt and emerge stronger.  This report will focus on Khanid Prime IV.
History:
While the Khanid royal family and the Khanid ethnicity are of course inseparable from the system that takes their names, it is important to remember that this was not always the case. Recall that during the original Amarrian reclaiming several thousand years ago, for every populated planet the Amarr encountered and enslaved, they also came across far more worlds and regions that lay largely devoid of humanity. As the Empire pushed outwards from the single world of Athra, the Khanid Prime system (and region), were in fact largely deserted.   
22470 - Unmanned Imperial probes reach what will become the Khanid Region, and the Empire learns of the large number of habitable worlds available for colonization. Khanid Family Emperor Damius III immediately dispatches Imperial cryo ships to the area.
22525 - The first stargate to Khanid Prime is completed, and planetary colonization of Khanid Prime IV begins in earnest. The temperate planet is originally named "Vedat," or "purpose" in the ancient Amarrad language. The first Imperial settlers find a world not unlike Athra, with vast oceans, abundance of native wildlife, and most importantly temperate climates suitable for habitation. These first settlers are a mixture of the main Amarrian ethnicities in relatively equal numbers. With the stargate now complete, vast amounts of material and personnel begin entering the system and the colony begins to grow. 
22530 - The first Cathedral is completed on the largest continent of Vedat, topping 500 meters.  Unsubstantiated rumors circulate that the cathedral is secretly dedicated to St. Tetrimon.
22535 - The first of what would be come several visits from Imperial Inquisitors occurs. Dissident elements in support of Tetrimon beliefs are rooted out and eliminated.
22550 - The first groups of newly acquired Minmatar slaves arrive and are put to work on the dangerous construction of Vedat's first space elevator, completed in 22573 at the cost of thousands of slave lives.
22620 - Khanid Family Emperor Damius III dies and is succeeded by Emperor Velenus IV
22621 - Much of the current Imperial star map begins to solidify as Velenus grants vast holdings to the other Holder families to help consolidate his new position.  The empire was expanding at a rapid rate at the time, and there were numerous underpopulated systems to be doled out to loyal Heir families. In order to carry favor and support from the family of the previous Emperor, Velenus grants Khanid I domain over of what will eventually become the Khanid Kingdom.
22622 - The system officially takes the name Khanid Prime as Royal Heir Khanid I moves his estates onto Khanid IV and away from Athra.  Urban development across the planet and the population explodes as millions of loyal True Amarr and ethnic Khanid begin to relocate.
22685 - Construction of Khanid I's palace is completed on Khanid IV. The complex of pyramidal structures cover nearly 100 square kilometers, with the largest, holding the great Palace Court, visible from space.
22695 - Garkeh Khanid born on Khanid Prime IV. 
22754 - Death of Khanid I. See related CONCORD article “Assassination Conspiracy Theories”
See Part 2 for 22754 - YC113

« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2014, 09:21 by Silas Vitalia »