Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the cocktail "Wild Rose" is created by Vincent Pryce and it is named after Ciarente Roth?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: what's everyone's thoughts on these "burner" missions ?  (Read 14353 times)

Anyanka Funk

Re: what's everyone's thoughts on these "burner" missions ?
« Reply #60 on: 11 Sep 2014, 07:24 »

Would've made a lot more sense to make them into 10/10 complexes. More people do complexes as groups and 10/10 requires all fleet members entering having leadership five. Also when you get the Anomic, your agent literally tells you to kill allies and says "I don't know why". At least with a complex your reason is you just so happened to find them.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #61 on: 11 Sep 2014, 19:42 »

There is exactly zero consequence to failure in WoW. In Eve, the consequences for failure can be disastrous.

Trust in strangers is not a good thing here.

Not to mention in EVE the stranger who fleet with you can easily shoot you to pieces and likely get away with it. In WoW the guy in your instance can't quite stab you to death in the instance directly. He will have to be creative with his griefing. Then there's that thing about everybody else in the party opening a petition to get that guy banned after the griefing.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #62 on: 12 Sep 2014, 12:07 »

Would've made a lot more sense to make them into 10/10 complexes. More people do complexes as groups and 10/10 requires all fleet members entering having leadership five. Also when you get the Anomic, your agent literally tells you to kill allies and says "I don't know why". At least with a complex your reason is you just so happened to find them.

For reference.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #63 on: 12 Sep 2014, 12:09 »

did you lose faction/corp standing with the Blood Raiders for shooting that npc ?
\o/

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #64 on: 12 Sep 2014, 12:29 »

did you lose faction/corp standing with the Blood Raiders for shooting that npc ?

I didn't shoot it. But I assume I would. Next time I get the BRC Anomic I will find out, if anyone hasn't already. My standings are low (9.6) because I failed some other missions.
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2014, 13:57 by Anyanka Funk »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #65 on: 13 Sep 2014, 18:09 »

In case anyone missed it, upcoming Burner missions will include NPCs who "bring their own logistics" - I'll be curious to see how accurate CCP gets this; i.e., will you be capable of neuting or outranging the logis as well as more directly countering them? Will the logis repair each other?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #66 on: 13 Sep 2014, 19:01 »

In case anyone missed it, upcoming Burner missions will include NPCs who "bring their own logistics" - I'll be curious to see how accurate CCP gets this; i.e., will you be capable of neuting or outranging the logis as well as more directly countering them? Will the logis repair each other?

On second thought, "Ava Starfire Simulator" seems even more accurate. >_>

Fucking. Nailed. It.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ollie

• Egger

For reference.

Somewhat off-topic:

The phrasing is a bit confusing but the agent knows why they want you to kill her - she went 'rogue' and that sort of thing is frowned on apparently. The 'I don't know why' part refers to the agent's understanding of the target's reasons for going AWOL.

Dessau

« Reply #68 on: 17 Sep 2014, 17:58 »

From the devblog:
All in all, 19962 player ships had been destroyed by Burners as of September 14th, worth a total of 870 billion ISK.

Some other interesting statistics there, anyway.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #69 on: 12 Nov 2014, 15:26 »

Sansha Burner completed in the following fit, with EMP; time, about 4 minutes 30 seconds (Long, grinding fight) it orbits at 15k, but thankfully, the DPS taken due to wolf resists is very manageable. I only used 3 cap boosters for the whole fight.

[Wolf, Wolf]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Thermic Plating II
Small Armor Repairer II

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
'Orion' Tracking CPU I

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I

Nanite Repair Paste x36
Republic Fleet EMP S x858
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x480
True Sanshas Infrared S x1
Navy Cap Booster 400 x9

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #70 on: 15 Nov 2014, 08:01 »

The twin logi/AF burners are ridiculously simple. Fit up a cheap Kestrel with meta 4 light missile launchers, MWD, twin racial ECM jammers and two T2 BCUs and a T2 nano in the lows. Orbit the AF (they're all short range weapon platforms) at 25-30km as you jam one logi and kill the other (they rep each other) then drop the other logi and close to 20km as you pick apart the AF.

They're not even comparable to the faction frigate missions in terms of difficulty.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]