Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Author Topic: Dire holo-films to amuse teens with  (Read 3192 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Dire holo-films to amuse teens with
« on: 29 May 2010, 07:09 »

Hi!

Reading the Burning Life novel, there were quite a few mentions of trashy holo-films.

So, why not write your own?

Here's one I wrote, a while ago, for Silver's fiction contest.

Meat puppets of the Rogue Drones!!!

Deep Space, the Drone Regions:

A space battle between rogue drones and some Gallente ships is raging, blaster fire streams out, obliterating rogue drones, the drones own weapons return fire, devastating the Gallente ships in return.
More drones appear, thousands of them, and the Gallente retreat, losing a couple of ships to the drone hordes.

The drones, with their wiggly tentacles, pore over the wreckage, touching things. A tentacle finds a body, wraps itself around it, and pulls the body in for the drones to take a closer look.
Electrical fields flicker, and the drones gather everything up and go back to lurking.

Everyshore Region, Leremblompes System, University of Caille Station:

“So, what’s new, Doctor?” asked Arielle, the newest and possibly the prettiest member of the University of Caille’s cultural studies department, flicking her hair over her shoulder. “Silliness, is what’s new, most probably” replied Dr. Astrid, glaring over her glasses at a datapad. “My ex-wife, the one that’s the Scope hack, has sent me some rubbish about ‘funny looking people’ roaming around one of the systems near here. Thinks they might be worth taking a look at.”

“Taking a look at? What for?” said Arielle. “Who knows? It’s probably just some tourists or fratboys from that other university being stupid again. But, we’ve got funding to take a look, so off we go. Pack some things, and we’ll head out tomorrow”.

Everyshore Region, Halle System, Halle VI Spaceport:

“Astrid, sweetie! Good to see you!” said Aurtie, waving to Arielle and Astrid as they made their way through the arrival lounge at the spaceport. “Hi Aurtie, I see you’re pretty as ever” said Astrid. Aurtie smiled, then “who’s your lovely assistant?”. “This is Arielle. Arielle, meet Aurtie.”. “hi there” said Arielle.
“Great to meet you both. And I’m sure you’ll be as interested as I am in this!” said Aurtie, handing the other two women some datapads. “Check these out, these are interviews I’ve done with some of the local hotel owners and nightclubs. Been investigating about how the service economy is doing because of the war. There’s been a steady decline in business, except for this, see? This is when these ‘funny looking people’ have started appearing.”
“Funny looking people, eh? In what way?”
“Well, apparently, they have odd coloured skin, and talk really odd, they’re not using regular translators, and they don’t look like any kind of foreigner anyone’s ever seen. Weird huh? Might even be Jovians, which would be a real story, wouldn’t it?”
“I really don’t think it would be Jovians. Anyway, lets get to the hotel and unpack”

Halle VI, City, Nightclub:

Astrid, Arielle and Aurtie arrive at the club, all dressed up in their glass corsets, holo-projector dresses and gravitic suspensor hotpants, to look for the “funny looking people”.
“Say, we don’t look old fashioned, do we, Arielle?” “Nah, you’re good. Shows off your figure. Looks fabulous”.

The nightclub is full of people, dancing and having fun. “Let’s mingle, ladies” said Astrid. The three women spread out, dancing with the other people.

A trio of odd looking men arrive at the club, one goes to the bar, the others to a table observing the dance floor. Arielle spots the man at the bar and wanders over to talk to him “Hello there”, she says.
The man looks up, gives her a blank stare “I’m sorry, I’m not from around here.” he says.
Arielle smiles at him “That’s all right, neither am I. So, what brings you here?”
“Our spaceship” replies the man.
Arielle giggles, “You’re sweet. I meant why the nightclub.”
“I’m sorry, I’m not from around here. We are looking at people, to learn things”, he says, consulting a datapad.
“That’s great! I look at people too, to learn things. I could help you”
“I must consult.”, the man blinks “Acceptable, shall we go and talk somewhere quiet?”
“Sure” said Arielle, “I’ll call a cab and we’ll go back to our hotel”
Arielle and the odd man head out, back to Arielle’s room.

Meanwhile, back at the nightclub, the other two odd looking men have been engaged in conversation by Aurtie and Astrid. They’re getting on great, Quafe and strong drinks all round.
“You two ladies were married? This is unexpected” says the taller of the men, reading from a datapad.
“yeah, we were young and foolish, such things happen”
“We enjoy this discussion, and would wish to continue in depth later” says the other.
“That would be great, say why don’t both of you come by our hotel tomorrow?”
“Bargain accepted.”
They make more small talk, before heading their separate ways.

Halle VI, City, Hotel:

“So Astrid, what did you make of them?” asked Aurtie, stepping out of the shower.
Astrid shrugged, the movement causing water droplets to run down her body where she had not yet dried. “They’re odd. Look a bit funny, see how their heads were a slightly funny shape? And their skin was unusual. I’d half suspect them of being capsuleers, but there’s none of the other signs of that, and they kept looking at their data things. I caught a glance of one of them, didn’t recognise any of the writing. Not any commercial translator that I know of.”
“Weird people indeed eh?”
“Definitely. Now come here and dance with me, for old times sake.”
Astrid and Aurtie twirl each other around, before enjoying each other in the bed.

Arielle and the odd man are in Arielle’s room. Arielle has been drinking.
“So like, you learn about people? What sorts of things you interested in learning about? I could show you a few things, I think”
“Yes” says the odd man. “Please do”
Arielle dances, undoing her glass corset, and stands in front of the odd man, in her gravitic suspender hotpants. “like what you see?”
“I’m sorry. I’m not from around here” the man says.
Arielle giggles and twirls. “You sure there’s not more useful phrases in your book?”
The man looks blank for a moment, then says “Hey baby, lets dance”
Arielle grins and pulls him to his feet and twirls around with him.
“This is nice. No user serviceable parts inside. Danger high voltage” he says, while Arielle rubs herself against him.
Arielle dispenses with the rest of her clothes, laughing, and undresses the odd man. “hey, you have cybernetic implants? Cool stuff” she says.
“Yes. They help me learn things” “Oh, what sorts of things. Show me”
“Command accepted”
Metal tentacles erupt from the man, wrapping around Arielle, invading her, while a laser beam appears, to cut her head from her neck, and cut her skin from her body. Miniature drones appear out of the man’s pockets and begin doing things to the body. Poking at it, probing, all sorts of wiggly things.
She didn’t have time to scream.

The next day, Astrid and Aurtie get dressed and head down for breakfast. Arielle joins them.
“Hey Arielle, where did you get to last night?” says Astrid, smiling.
“I talked with one of the odd men. I believe we learned some useful things”
“That’s great, tell us all about it after breakfast, would you?” said Aurtie.
“I will” says Arielle and concentrates on her breakfast.
“We’re going to meet two of them later, it’ll be great”

After breakfast, the two odd men arrive at the hotel to talk with Aurtie and Astrid. Arielle excuses herself and disappears. Small talk, quafe and recreational drugs flow, and the four end up back at Astrid’s room. Aurtie giggles, undressing and dancing with the taller of the odd men.
Astrid rolls her eyes, talking with the other man. ”So, you’re scientists then? What do you study?”
The odd man says “Humans.”
Astrid grins “Me too.”
The odd man looks blank “We were not informed. Does your associate also study humans?”
“Sort of, she’s a journalist.”
The man looks blank. “Not one of ours.”
“One of ours? What do you mean” asks Astrid, looking concerned.
“You are one of ours, others that know, must be adapted” As he says this, the other man dissects Aurtie, in the same way as Arielle was. Astrid is paralysed in fear, and can do nothing but gaze on as wiggly drone things do all sorts of weird things.

Just then, the door bursts open, and 4 large men in uniform pour into the room. “Federal Intelligence! Get on the floor!”, waving weaponry around. The odd men burst into action and try and escape through the window, but are shot down. Aurtie’s body, is re-assembled by now, and stirs. The men point their weaponry at her. Astrid screams “Don’t kill her!”. The man with the most eagles on his uniforms says “Hold fire”, before addressing  Astrid “Who are you, what’re you doing here? What do you know about these guys?”. Astrid stutters “I, I, I’m from the university, Aurtie, she’s from the Scope, she said there were some odd guys here. I don’t know anything more.” One of the other men runs a doodad over her. “She’s not one of them alright, not like that other one we wasted”. Astrid’s eyes bulge. “Other one? Oh no, Arielle”, tears start rolling down her cheeks. “Ok, miss, I’m Agent Adune, and you’re going to have to come with us. Get dressed.”, says the man in charge. “We’ll bring this one with us, the techs might be able to salvage her.”

Everyshore region, Halle system, Federal Intelligence Station:

“All right, Dr. Astrid, what we’re dealing with here, are the Rogue Drones. Those two guys you met? Take a look at these pictures, what do you see?” says Adune, handing over two pictures to Astrid.
“They’re the guys Aurtie and I met, who are they?”
“Federation Navy officers, reported MIA, assumed killed from an operation in the Drone Regions.”
“But, they didn’t seem Gallente, they were using translators”
“Exactly, they’re not Gallente. Not anymore. They’re not even human. They’re infiltrators”
Astrid gaped in fear. “and Aurtie?”
“She’s alive for now. Since we wasted those guys, there’s no uplink from her to any other units.”
“Can we save her?”
“Maybe. There’s a drone hive nearby. Once Fed Intel gets the location, I can get in and knock it out. Your friend should be... satisfactory, after that”
“You knock it out?”
“Certainly. I don’t boast, I’m Special Agent Adune, FIO Capsule pilot”
Astrid gapes.
A tech knocks on the door. “Agent Adune? We’ve got the site”
“I’d better suit up. This goes well, I’ll be back shortly. If it doesn’t, well, I’ll be back shortly too.”
“take care, Adune” says Astrid, and hugs him.

Everyshore region, Halle system, space:

Adune’s cruiser leads a strike force, engages the drone hive. Wiggly tentacles of drones wiggle, and are blasted by the Gallente weapons. Gratuitous space battle ensues, and the drones are destroyed.

Everyshore region, Halle system, Federal Intelligence Station:

“So, Aurtie, how’re you feeling?” asked Astrid.
“I feel different” says Aurtie.
“That’s normal, good news is, you’re going to be ok.”
“You sure?”
“Absolutely, and I want you to meet a friend I made, He’s the one that saved us”
“Hi there” says Adune.

And Adune, Astrid and Aurtie live happily ever after, in a menage a trois, an ideal arrangement with Aurties upgrades, Adunes implants interfacing while Adune and Astrid make love.

Fin.

“So, what do you think?” said Bumotte, junior writer for an obscure Impetus subsidiary.
“Honestly? It’s garbage, but it’ll sell. Just like that tripe we made last time, the ‘Blood raider Love slaves of Sahtogas’. See if you can write in a few more gratuitous sex scenes, and I’ll see if we can bilk Quafe out of some sponsorship”, replied Bakkarault.
“Thanks, boss, you’re a great patron of the arts”
“I know, Say, my niece is in town, why don’t you take her out, show her the sights”
“Sure thing.”

After finishing work, Bumotte meets his boss’s niece.

“Hey there, Breau, how are you?”
“Hi Bumotte, been a long time. Still making cruddy films?”
“Sure thing, sugar. Say, lets hit the town.”

“Say Breau, you really have lovely eyes. That red colour, it’s sexy, ocular implants?”
“Sort of.”
“Tell me more.”
“As you wish” says Breau, before undressing and setting her drone-tentacles on Bumotte.

END
\o/

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
Re: Dire holo-films to amuse teens with
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2010, 08:02 »

Damnit, Louella!! I had finally managed to more or less forget about that one. Now i need another mindscrub..  :mad:

Vieve

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2010, 09:02 »

For Koro, since this subject came up on Thursday. :P

OVERTIME III
The fourth in the everyman action hero series (ON THE EDGE is considered the first OVERTIME holo, even though the janitor was only a supporting character) about a LDPS janitor's reliving the worst work days of his life.  Famous for the line "somebody get me a mop".

MUTANT FEDOS ON A INTERBUS SHUTTLE
A newly emancipated Brutor, eager to serve God as a lay minister among his unenlightened kindred in the Republic, finds himself trapped aboard an Interbus shuttle with a multiracial passenger list and several crates of enraged Battle Fedos.

dibblebill

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2010, 11:34 »

Amusing. Very amusing.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2010, 16:50 »

Camille is very fond of a holo series produced by Lai Dai in which a young girl solves crimes with the assistance of her unusually intelligent pet furrier.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jun 2010, 18:18 »

Hm. Does she have a faceless opponent who will stop at nothing, and ends every episode with, "I'll get you next time!"?

Or does the pet furrier have a fedo fanboi?

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jun 2010, 10:28 »

Camille is very fond of a holo series produced by Lai Dai in which a young girl solves crimes with the assistance of her unusually intelligent pet furrier.

Wait.  I might know this show.  Does she have a bumbling cyborg uncle who ends up getting all the credit as well?
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jun 2010, 15:23 »

Hehe. Back in the days I figured GoGo was a b-grade holo film star, having starred in some exploitation-style flicks. In fact, this was spurred on by a random local comment by a passer-by (whom I did not know) who told me she had all my holo movies. Which was odd, but very cool and then something clicked in my head and I figured... hell yeah, all those disenfranchised Intaki kids are looking at the trashy b-grade exploits of GoGo Yubari, the pirate and freedom fighter! Of course, they involved lots of pew pew, boobs and digital enhancement. I did an IC interview where I went more into it.. it's somewhere within the depths of IGS.