Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Heaven' constellation in Curse is the former location of the Third Jove Empire and the current headquarters of the vast Angel Cartel?

Author Topic: .  (Read 1144 times)

Jace

• Veteran
« on: 22 May 2014, 10:11 »

« Last Edit: 26 May 2014, 22:05 by Jace »

Dessau

Re: My Impression of Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2014, 10:40 »

Your formatting-fu has broken the poor forum.

Your breakdown is appreciated, as it is a refreshing alternative the the angrygamer pantomime I have come to expect. It's one thing when a publisher over-promises and under delivers, but player expectations are over-inflated by numerous other factors as well, not the least of which are launch expectations which I will call 'whimsical'.

In your general remarks, I hear much of my own thoughts only with regard to FFXIV, but I haven't been able to persevere as you have. Look forward to your continued progress.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2014, 03:42 »

Looks like the last patch tends to... prove otherwise though. Not sure what they did but damn, people look even more angry now.  :eek:

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2014, 06:08 »

« Last Edit: 26 May 2014, 22:06 by Jace »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2014, 08:41 »

Apparently they had rollback server issues everywhere and pvp campaigns closed with no warning, on which ones players lost all their pvp progress in the process (rollbacks again).

There was also that weird thing in the launcher that made people continuing downloading stuff past 100% up until 150% or more.

The bank glitch eating all your stuff made its comeback I heard too.

And the balance around skills and classes seems to be even more broken than it was, where people actually expected a lot of critical things to be fixed (like the ultimate of vampires, nightblade bugged skills, etc).

Well, that's the feedback I got from it vOv.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2014, 20:13 »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2014, 03:09 »

I got that feedback from a friend that is not hard at all to please.

Apparently he feared to face the same shit they had on the US server when the pvp server closed. Which eventually happened on the EU server (he was on the Scourge campaign too). He certified me that he lost more than just a place on a leaderboard.

Also, he asserts me that just after the patch, vamps were still able to spam their ultimate, especially vampire emperors. vOv

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2014, 07:04 »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2014, 09:20 »

Yeah apparently they fixed most direct issues and did some damage control. It still reminded me a bit of CCP disastrous patchs here and there...

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2014, 10:14 »

« Last Edit: 26 May 2014, 22:07 by Jace »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2014, 13:23 »

What would you consider disastrous ?

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2014, 14:08 »

ESO has a lot of good points, I'll admit. When there was a bug issue, I usually heard from a dev within a day, so bugs weren't as huge an issue to me thanks to that (even the bank issue, which they resolved and gave me more coin back then I had lost). Graphics were lovely at times, or gave the dark scene as needed. Voice acting, yes it was very good.

I think the issue that turned me off to the game in the long run, is the grouping aspect. In most MMOs I play, I love joining a party with a friend or two to do anything content wise. ESO rather failed in the party aspect. Example, if I had a quest and someone in my party had already completed it, they couldn't 'go back' in anyway to assist me. Their version of the world they see would be different from my own, as well. So unless they were exactly at the same spot in a quest as I, no help at all.

To me, ESO felt more like solo console game that just so happened to have other players running around. For those who like to solo, sure, you may like it. Wasn't my piece of cake in the end. Sub canceled and returned to GW2 over a month ago.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2014, 14:24 »

« Last Edit: 26 May 2014, 22:07 by Jace »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2014, 16:25 »

Well, that's not so much a deal breaker than the right to be called MMO to begin with.  :roll:

Like... well... SWTOR.