Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The CBD megacorporation is a major importer/exporter in the State?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Fanfest] Eve Valkyrie  (Read 1937 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: [Fanfest] Eve Valkyrie
« Reply #15 on: 02 May 2014, 13:00 »

Watching the 'Art of Valkyrie' presentation, the guy was talking about the origins of the Valkyries.

Apparently they are pulled out of the wreckage on the very edge of death and put through scrap and salvaged cloning equipment. They are "born of pain" and come out (if they do) of being cloned wanting nothing more than to commit some serious violence.

Edgy

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Makoto Priano

« Reply #16 on: 02 May 2014, 13:14 »

yeeeaaah. Hopefully they'll tone down the edgy a bit when the lore is getting properly written.

That said, I'm sure the Guristas would get converts from fighter pilots who're abandoned, left to die. "Hey. That capsuleer pilot you were fighting for? Left you to die. We rescued you. Want to fight for us?"

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #17 on: 02 May 2014, 13:56 »

Valkyries aren't even Guristas. That's where the faction started off, but they're now a fully fledged break-away group of their own.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #18 on: 02 May 2014, 13:57 »

Fits kind of since Kosakami hates capsuleers beyond belief as he blames them for gimping Fatal.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 02 May 2014, 15:59 »

Just to portray what CCP writers missed with the lore on Eve-Valk... i'll go and quickly describe what i thought would be the upcoming "PF" for the game...

The 4 empires are now at a crossroads, having watched their former space captains become demigods without control, unleashed cursed soldiers on planetary landscapes and realizing their whole economies sway at the whims and petty fights of the outer-rim alliances, pressure is at its highest.

Combat is still a driving force across the universe, the 4 empires and its allies require dependable soldiers who can be guided, defend their flag, remain loyal, and above all learn from their mistakes....even if such mistakes meant cold death.

Cloning technology still holds the promise to allow brave souls to overcome death and keep fighting, learn from their mistakes.

On YC106 the 4 main nations came to CONCORD with a request to jointly develop an hybrid implant based on Dusties technology but operated within the same parameters as ship captain, that allowed fighter pilots to be inmmortal. Fighters and Fighter-Bombers are powerful assets deployed out of capital and super-capital ships....they can warp around a system, engage and return to base, but most important of all, they are manageable.

Become a Valkyrie, a new generation of space fighter pilot, fighting for the 4 empire navies and its allies, or against them......

In essence, you could fight for any of the main NPC factions (pirate, empire, minor ones), in a set of engagements that happened entirely out of the view of capsuleers, as there were Navy fleets doing their routine patrol against rogue drones, pirates, or whatever. It could tie in with CONCORD changes in our world, FW changes, incursion changes, Whatever!.

Also, i would keep fighter fitting to a minimum, choice of missiles or ammo (with different properties), but enable progression in the form of augmentations. Enhancements and implants that allowed that particular clone to have FoF identification, faster missile lock and stuff like that. If you died, the augmentations would get destroyed.

A game more about skills, less about $$ put into your suit/ship/whatever.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #20 on: 02 May 2014, 22:23 »

There's a sidebar early in EVE: Source (heading "Dark Horizons") which I think strongly hints at/foreshadows the lore behind Valkyrie tech development. What we're getting out of FanFest this year seems to back that up.

What I wonder at is if the world news item earlier this year (or was it late last year) about several experimental vessels being pursued through Caldari and Gallente lowsec by Guristas was related.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 03 May 2014, 10:03 »

"Starbuck's" presentation vid was so pretentiously edgy that it seemed like a jumping the shark moment for the Eve universe. /ew, tbh.
Pages: 1 [2]