Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

as Emperor, Doriam Kor-Azor changed the name of the fourth planet of the Kor-Azor system to Eclipticum and its moons to Black Viperia, Griklaeum, and Kileakum in honor of the champions who won him the throne.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Your Character's Voice  (Read 7608 times)

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
Your Character's Voice
« on: 21 Apr 2014, 17:16 »

What it says on the tin: what resource, video, song, celebrity, whatever did you have in mind (if any) when you came up with your mental picture of your character's voice? Since you - the reader - are the ultimate authority on your character's voice, here would be a good place to slap someone and say "this is how it be, k???" Thread for linking said resources, or finding things that sound like it. I want to imagine a more vocal Summit, damnit.

Song related. It's how I imagine Charles sounds: a bit higher pitched than most with a rather wonderful singing voice. What about you nerds?
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Drakolus

Re: Your Character's Voice
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2014, 20:13 »

I got dibs on Morgan Freeman!  (Not really) 

I've never actually really thought about a voice for Drak.  I've always been more worried about mannerisms, outward appearance, motivation and such.  I think if pressed, he would sound a bit like me but maybe with a hint of an Arabic/Middle Eastern accent.  He's also quite a smart-alec so toss in the occasional mocking tone or joke voice too.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2014, 21:21 »

Just a polite nudge, I'm pretty sure there's 2 threads already with this exact topic.

Mods can work their thread-melding voodoo maybe?
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2014, 22:27 »

Just a polite nudge, I'm pretty sure there's 2 threads already with this exact topic.

Unless I was to necro a post from more than a year ago, I can't find any recent posts on anything like this ; __; I'll get this taken away somehow or something
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2014, 22:39 »

I imagine Saede would talk like this actually. She's from the edge of lowsec, its doubtful she has a very 'refined' tongue.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Bayushi Tamago

• Lady of Many Faces
  • Clonejack
    • Threaded Pixels
« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2014, 01:53 »

Bay more or less sounds like me. Might have a slight Japanese accent, but it would only some out when she is mad or swearing.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2014, 04:08 »

I imagine Veik has a voice like Joan Jett.

She loves rock and roll.

Rhiannon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2014, 08:34 »

Uma Thurman, for obvious reasons.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2014, 09:34 »

Unless I was to necro a post from more than a year ago, I can't find any recent posts on anything like this ; __; I'll get this taken away somehow or something
Officially we don't have a problem with it if someone wants to necro a thread to continue the discussion rather than creating a new one. Of course, you do so at your own risk, since people posting silly thread-necro images in response is also not something we have a problem with. :P

If people think a thread merge is warranted, the appropriate thing to do is to report the thread and ask for one; a moderator will look into it when they have the time to go finding the original.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2014, 15:11 »

To be honest I don't much care if we go with old thread or new thread myself.

If I remember correctly I always figured Arnulf should sound like Jurgen Prochnow.

For reference try this scene from The English Patient.

I never attempted a German accent on voice comms though. Too many German and northern European corpies for that most of the time. Would have come over as mockery I suspect.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2014, 21:09 »

To be honest I don't much care if we go with old thread or new thread myself.

If I remember correctly I always figured Arnulf should sound like Jurgen Prochnow.

For reference try this scene from The English Patient.

I never attempted a German accent on voice comms though. Too many German and northern European corpies for that most of the time. Would have come over as mockery I suspect.

Nice choice!  I think that guy does some voice work for the Company of Heroes 2 pc game...

Nissui

« Reply #11 on: 23 Apr 2014, 01:24 »

I'm with Saede. I originally wrote this character to be a bit backwater with strong clan ties to Molden Heath. As a result, I've kind of got this Inland South / West Texas sound in my mind, mixed with Whedon's Rim World hodgepodge.

Maybe something akin to Kaylee's diction with Zoe's tone and timbre. Of course that only comes out if you're having a face-to-face in Vherokior.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 23 Apr 2014, 08:27 »

S has been a mix between the voice talent's of Denise Poirier from "Aeon Flux" (good example of voice here: http://youtu.be/WG9Nj0zCNOY?t=6m16s)

and of course Atia from HBO's "Rome"
Never mind the content of the link here but her tone and delivery is so fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6s-dRlGcxc

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLWB9HJK5M

hehe

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #13 on: 23 Apr 2014, 08:32 »

Go necro for mine.

Dessau

« Reply #14 on: 23 Apr 2014, 09:32 »

Softspoken rasp, with deliberate cadence and enunciation. In close conversation, just a bit louder than a gravelly whisper.

(See Keythe Farley / Thane Krios)
Pages: [1] 2 3