Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Scagga once had a bodyguard by the name of 'cuddles'?

Author Topic: [Feedback] Sports and Games  (Read 1135 times)

Norrin Ellis

• Manager, EVE Online Hold'Em
  • Wetgraver
    • EVE Online Hold'Em
[Feedback] Sports and Games
« on: 15 Mar 2014, 08:47 »

Some time ago, my EOH overlords authorized me to host IC events that utilize EOH services.  I do have a channel setup for this sort of thing, and I am interested in hosting a weekly poker game and perhaps a monthly PvP dueling tournament.  Your feedback on this idea would be greatly appreciated.

Poker
Would you be interested in playing for ISK with IC friends / rivals?
What day would work best for you?  (I can host in the evenings [US Eastern Time] during the week or almost any time on weekends.)
What stakes would interest you?

PvP Dueling Tournaments
Would you be interested in participating?
What ship types would you prefer?
Would you wager / encourage wagering on fights?
What range of entry fee, if any, would you be willing to put up?  (100% of entry fees would be distributed to winners.  I'll pay any administrative costs.)

Thanks for your input!

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: [Feedback] Sports and Games
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2014, 13:23 »

Poker
Would you be interested in playing for ISK with IC friends / rivals?
If they invited me, maybe. And it depends on how much of a hassle it is to use EOH services.
What day would work best for you?
Sunday or monday.
What stakes would interest you?
Depends on the situation, but Ché is not comfortable tossing more than a mil or so unless charities are involved, and my alt is not so rich that he can afford to gamble more.

PvP Dueling Tournaments
Would you be interested in participating?
Not currently.
What ship types would you prefer?
Industrials/(Noob)Frigates.
Would you wager / encourage wagering on fights?
No / Yes (OOC)
What range of entry fee, if any, would you be willing to put up?  (100% of entry fees would be distributed to winners.  I'll pay any administrative costs.)
Should be something around the average value of the ship type used.
-OOChé

Norrin Ellis

• Wetgraver
    • EVE Online Hold'Em
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2014, 14:27 »

I should point out that I must follow standard EOH policies when I host tournaments, so the minimum buy-in that I would be allowed to do is 11 mil ISK (min. 6 players).

Bayushi Tamago

• Lady of Many Faces
  • Clonejack
    • Threaded Pixels
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2014, 19:09 »

Just as a heads up, if you were to run a PvP tournament, unless your willing to let it take forever or be done in pieces, you really have to restrict industrials and offer a sudden death ship.

Norrin Ellis

• Wetgraver
    • EVE Online Hold'Em
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2014, 20:40 »

My current plan that's sort of simmering on the back burner is a single elimination T1 frigate tournament.  I'd be willing to run it over multiple weekends.  This would be a winner-takes-all event with all entry fees going to the pot.  Wagers would be posted on EOH Brawl for each match.  I'd like to stream the fights with IC "viewing" available at a channel I made for such events some time ago.

I'm a bit technologically stupid, so I don't really know how to do the streaming at the moment.  I also don't have a great idea as to what an appropriate entry fee would be or how many tournament slots should be available (I was thinking 16 or 32).

Suggestions are welcome.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2014, 10:25 »

If it was a rp'er only tournament my militia alt would be interested (but you'd probably need to narrow the field down to 16 or even 8).

Norrin Ellis

• Wetgraver
    • EVE Online Hold'Em
« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2014, 13:42 »

If it was a rp'er only tournament my militia alt would be interested (but you'd probably need to narrow the field down to 16 or even 8 ).

I'd likely open the tournament to RPers only to start, but if I can't fill all the spots, I'd have to open it to everyone.  I would prefer to organize IC-only events, but that's usually a tall order to fill.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #7 on: 07 Apr 2014, 10:36 »

Though for some reason, the IC ISRC league was at least as succesful as the OOC SRV league.
-OOChé