Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Author Topic: Re: So. Yeah. With the Player-run sansha event...  (Read 1146 times)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

Gal-led syne? lol.

The Synenose Accord is a corp with 14 pilots that does its own operations.

The "group" everyone interfaces with in SYNEPublic and other channels is largely a ad-hoc coalition initially motivated by SYNE's publications of major intelligence regarding the Sansha.

Julianus Soter is the dude that published the initial Ishaeka reports, and hence, started building resistance efforts against the sansha. Many public faces exist for the Coalition, including Aurora Morgan, Aria Jenneth, etc, etc.

If you think this is "gallente-led" then you have to take issue with the Gallente ethnicity, ala provists.

Soter and the Coalition coordinate with all faction-specific anti-sansha channels and faction loyalist leadership, including Heiian College and Sinjin  Mokk and his temple channel. =p

Anyways, back to the OP.

I've been telling you Lillith, that don't expect people to like you for whatever you do as a Sansha's Nation supporter. This Forum, as it is largely insulated from the new, larger Rp community that includes RP-lite players, has different tendencies and audience. Personally, I found it rather hilarious the spin you all were trying to put on the spectacle, and the effort used to divide and conquer the Coalition.

It was hilarious because it was a complete failure. Hate mails: 0, support mails: 5

Meanwhile, we'll continue to do the proactive measures we've been doing, to the best of our ability.

The 'public execution' spectacle and the nature of the antagonism you used against certain pilots during the event was probably what rankled the general masses the most. Don't do mean things and people won't be mean to you.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: So. Yeah. With the Player-run sansha event...
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2010, 17:08 »

[admin]Mixing IC/OOC, flame bait, calling something other players have done a 'complete failure' etc. Feel free to repost constructively.[/admin]
« Last Edit: 27 May 2010, 17:09 by Silver Night »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2010, 17:33 »

Quote from: Lilith Blackheart
We didn't crash anything between players, we augmented it, but effectively put any CCP effort for future live events out of the ring.

And that is absolute bullshit.

And I hope to christ you realize that as you type it.

[admin]'Snipped' - Non-constructive.[/admin]

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2010, 17:54 »

Quote from: Lilith Blackheart
Grr.

There's no temper there involved, Silver.

I wasn't being angry or anything, that is exactly how I feel about that statement, I feel that anyone and everyone is aware as they are typing things like "This is going to toss CCP Live Events out the window" or "This event ruined Live Events for CCP gg" or any nonsense like that that it is exactly that. Complete nonsense and hyperbole.

I stated it strongly because there's no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

If people don't recognize that for what it is when they're typing it, then I don't know what to say besides maybe they should take a few days off and do something that will calm their tempers.

If they do recognize it for what it is and say it anyway then they should be called on the fact that it is what it is, a giant steaming pile of cow dung.

[admin]Still accuses other members of lying, unless they are just foolish. Not constructive or acceptable under the guidelines.[/admin]

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2010, 18:19 »

Am I understanding correctly that some IC misinformation was spread which caused a whole lot of people to jump (apparently unscouted) into a Cry Havoc trap in lowsec somewhere, losing a lot of people a lot of ships, and a few of those people are really, really mad OOC about it?

'Cause that's how it looks from the outside...

That is it exactly, yes.

Also, Cosmo: I know, right?

Incorrect.

Our fleet was perfectly fine, besides the hilarious desync giving ships 60 km webs, and our pilots dealt with the combat situation brilliantly. What occured is that people, who are not roleplayers, do not read this forum, and don't understand our little nit-picky definitions of "ooc" and "ic", wanted to participate in the event, and they encountered misinformation.

They were the ones that responded initially to Lilith et al, which is why Lilith generated this thread.

If you wish to antagonize with these non-roleplayers, sansha supporters, then realize that they will not recognize your definition of "Ic", because they do not know what the term means.

We've encountered a larger world of players in this game that want to participate in events, but have little to no inkling of what roleplaying even is. Hell, I'm not even sure what roleplaying is. The definition has changed in the three years I've been playing this game.

when neophytes face antagonism and mocking ridicule, IC, they will feel abused, and will respond using all means at their disposal. They don't recognize the IC/ooc divide, because they don't play the game that way.

If you want to continue down that path, best be prepared to handle the consequences, and HTFU.
[mod]Post deleted for flame-baiting and trolling[/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.