Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Author Topic: An EVE TV show?  (Read 875 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
An EVE TV show?
« on: 07 Feb 2014, 00:54 »

Variety Magazine article

Looks like something is in the works.

Thoughts?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
Re: An EVE TV show?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2014, 02:02 »

Variety Magazine article

Looks like something is in the works.

Thoughts?

In a galaxy decorated office far far away...

I would watch it :)

Perhaps something is mentioned on this FF to.

Shiori

« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2014, 03:35 »

...aaaand of course the header image is the Laser Raven.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2014, 07:43 »

Heh.

Nice.  Best of luck to them. :)

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 07 Feb 2014, 08:02 »

I had the same reaction to this I did every they threaten to release a video game franchise as a movie or a TV show.

First disgust, because the summary rape of my most beloved Sci-Fi series, John Carter, by Disney is fresh in my mind.

Then I cringe remembering the horrible game movies they came out with in the 90s.

Then I wonder what the Hell the point of this would be, since I wouldn't be playing an MMORPG in the first place if I found what was on TV these days in any way interesting.  I've found that, after a marathon of Survivorman and getting Metalocalypse on DVD, I'm generally set as far as television goes.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #5 on: 07 Feb 2014, 08:20 »

oh, they're doing something about that "True stories" thing. They threatened to make TV or films out of that, as I recall.

"after all efforts in space had failed, someone, a bored officer in the enemy alliance, pressed a button", will surely help the score on RottenTomatoes, lol.

\o/

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #6 on: 08 Feb 2014, 00:39 »

oh, they're doing something about that "True stories" thing. They threatened to make TV or films out of that, as I recall.

"after all efforts in space had failed, someone, a bored officer in the enemy alliance, pressed a button", will surely help the score on RottenTomatoes, lol.

If they directed the whole thing into a silly comedy, it will definitely have good ratings on RottenTomatoes. I say, making space opera about Eve true stories doesn't work, considering the content of raging coms and everything. It has to be comedy.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 08 Feb 2014, 04:05 »

I have to admit that it made me laugh.