Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

All male members of the Ardishapur family traditionally have their right hand amputated? See why you don't make the Emperor's mother angry.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Khanid Kingdom fanfiction and other shenanigans  (Read 9852 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Re: Khanid Kingdom fanfiction and other shenanigans
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jan 2014, 21:56 »

This is some nice stuff.

On a side-note, I've still often wondered why the Kingdom sought re-integration with the Empire. In my mind, the Kingdom Holders have enjoyed a lot of freedom and autonomy compared to their Imperial cousins that I thought they'd be loathe to give up. Re-integration with the Empire brings the threat Kingdom Holders be brought into the auspices of the Theology Council and the Emperor etc.

Then again I've always bemoaned the lost opportunity of having the Kingdom look towards the State for protection and sign some defence pacts to become an autonomous overseas Protectorate or something which would have made State-Empire relations interesting to say the least.
On a practical level, I'm not sure why the Kingdom would seek such a thing. Being a separate entity yet still maintaining cultural and economic ties seems the best long-term strategy.

I've wondered if it was because there are a number of Holders who were born as part of the Empire and long for reunification.

I do know a lot of the Kingdom Khanid RPers are unionists.

I only know this because I'm told there are a lot of Kingdom Khanid RPers besides myself and Makkal, but they're unionists.
I'm told the same, but they're apparently well-hidden.

(yet oddly the invitations were sent to myself and Makkal). 
I was told OOC that our invitations were sent in error.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014, 21:59 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jan 2014, 22:02 »

And much like a reversal of forgetting to invite the evil sorceress to the princess' birth party... :)

Doesn't matter, had RP. :D

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #17 on: 30 Jan 2014, 22:09 »

I've wondered if it was because there are a number of Holders who were born as part of the Empire and long for reunification.
It was because of the emperian age expansion. TonyG wanted that the minior faction are being a part of the larger empires. There isnt any logic behind that... just that, as CCP Ginger already on a discussion said. He -- CCP Ginger -- made the actuall damage control. And calling the Kingdom independent and Khanid II not being a heir. As for now, Khanid not being a heir still stands.... but little shit Eterne had to tonyg the lore. And fuck over the news article and the history page (YC 111) done by CCP Ginger and me, during that time; for exactlly that purpase, damage control.

Now we have a news article and a history page which say the oposite what CCP Eterne actually ones (thats why I can/do link them all the time and in any discussion which will come). All that just two retards.... and most likely even more are just to fucking stupid to undertsand what a fucking law is, as well as falsifacion.

Just fucking retarded

P.S. I miss CCP Ginger and CCP Dropbear.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014, 22:29 by Publius Valerius »

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #18 on: 30 Jan 2014, 22:12 »

This is some nice stuff.

On a side-note, I've still often wondered why the Kingdom sought re-integration with the Empire. In my mind, the Kingdom Holders have enjoyed a lot of freedom and autonomy compared to their Imperial cousins that I thought they'd be loathe to give up. Re-integration with the Empire brings the threat Kingdom Holders be brought into the auspices of the Theology Council and the Emperor etc.

Then again I've always bemoaned the lost opportunity of having the Kingdom look towards the State for protection and sign some defence pacts to become an autonomous overseas Protectorate or something which would have made State-Empire relations interesting to say the least.
On a practical level, I'm not sure why the Kingdom would seek such a thing. Being a separate entity yet still maintaining cultural and economic ties seems the best long-term strategy.

I'm not really sure myself what the basis of the Kingdom-Empire union is, and it does sort of make me scratch my head. As for the State foreign protectorate idea, I should have added something about Imperial belligerence to force the union through military means as predicating it.

Actually the Kingdom-Empire union makes me ask a few questions. Such as, if Tash-Murkon was raised to being an Heir family because Khanid seceded does that mean there's an Imperial edict on there having to be five Heir families? So now if Khanid is on the Privy Council but unable to be an Heir what does the Kingdom get out of the deal they didn't have before? More slaves? I sort of scratch my head at it being purely sentimental reasons.

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 30 Jan 2014, 22:19 »

This is some nice stuff.

I'm not really sure myself what the basis of the Kingdom-Empire union is, and it does sort of make me scratch my head. As for the State foreign protectorate idea, I should have added something about Imperial belligerence to force the union through military means as predicating it.

Actually the Kingdom-Empire union makes me ask a few questions. Such as, if Tash-Murkon was raised to being an Heir family because Khanid seceded does that mean there's an Imperial edict on there having to be five Heir families? So now if Khanid is on the Privy Council but unable to be an Heir what does the Kingdom get out of the deal they didn't have before? More slaves? I sort of scratch my head at it being purely sentimental reasons.

How about the Idea that Jamyl is the head of the amarr church and faith. She is Caesaropaper, does it mean Khanid survial justification can stand? Or has he like Caul said bow to the empress and therefore had also bow to the Idea that Gods law is above mans law? Those his Idea, the Kingdom, and Khanid himself, then can even "stand"/"go on living" after the reunification*?

*Reunifaction. A word which isnt longer in the EVE lore. Abraxes already changed that. It all comes down the old forum comment of Eterne and the one Eterne page about the modern era. If those two things change Im happy again. Because Logic and past lore would be working again.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014, 22:35 by Publius Valerius »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jan 2014, 22:22 »

What lure I remember is thatthe Khanid Kingdom actually has *less* slaves, or at least a lesser influx of new ones, ecause the disconnect from Empire has cut off their supply chains, as it were, of new blood.  The intimation is that any POWs taken by Kingdom warships become slaves regardless of their bloodline (which includes Gallente and Caldari, for example).  Also, crimes in the Kingdom that are large enough also include slavery as the punishment.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #21 on: 31 Jan 2014, 07:51 »

That's something both Empire and Kingdom do, Arista. The main difference between Imperial and Kingdom slave-taking is that, prior to CONCORD, the Kingdom did far more raids into the Federation (and the State, for that matter), and then putting the blame on the Empire. The Kingdom is also implied to be more lenient on illegal slavers and slave raids, and are quicker to sentence criminals to slavery.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2014, 07:54 by Samira Kernher »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 31 Jan 2014, 17:55 »

Yup.  We're allegedly naughtier, hence Dark Amarr. 

But hey.  It could all just be Evil Propoganda from the Empire. ;)

idk :)

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 01 Feb 2014, 01:25 »

What lure I remember is thatthe Khanid Kingdom actually has *less* slaves, or at least a lesser influx of new ones.
Ehm.... About "less slaves".

Maybe I re-word some stuff later.... to make some stuff more clear. As for now: It makes more sense if you imagen the "numbers" on the page like the Khanid would be 60+% (citizen and some slaves) of the total population. As I mention here: "I have try to make the Kingdom a asian, central-asian typ majority state." To get more a Blade runner and neo-tokyo vipe.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 01 Feb 2014, 02:19 »

Id have to find the wiki where it talk s about the slave dynamic in the kingdom. It's only a couple of sentences but had to do with after they chalk gained their independence and were then "cut off" from the normal places amarrians got their slaves(especially the non playable race of slaves whose name is eluding me at the moment.)

Excuse any kindle Autocorrect typos.

It lends the idea that- less slaves, therefore working with the caldari for automation of work technology. This was def. The impression i got of kingdom. That which isnt done by slaves due to a lower labor pool is done via Caldari tech, hence the two working together more closely to begin with.
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2014, 02:23 by Arista Shahni »

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 01 Feb 2014, 02:41 »

Id have to find the wiki where it talk s about the slave dynamic in the kingdom. It's only a couple of sentences but had to do with after they chalk gained their independence and were then "cut off" from the normal places amarrians got their slaves(especially the non playable race of slaves whose name is eluding me at the moment.)

It lends the idea that- less slaves, therefore working with the caldari for automation of work technology. This was def. The impression i got of kingdom. That which isnt done by slaves due to a lower labor pool is done via Caldari tech, hence the two working together more closely to begin with.
You will not do a substitution claim (in any direction).** Thats why I just go with David Ricardo***. Playing save was for me more important (most likely. If CCP takes any of the stuff I wrote, they will deleted the most of it anyway. So playing save is better, I think). Nevertheless I like your Idea, maybe you could make a post on the IGS and collect thoughts, I could think that other will also add some more stuff.

**As I know from real-life if you do it... it brings a rats-ass of other explanation problems. (and thats why not even start, the go deeper in about your point :(). Example: The tertiarisation-theory (that the services sector will grow and grow) goes out form the assumption that the elasticity of services is inelastic. Meaning that what ever the price of the service people will damand it * :roll:* ; and also that the service sector would not respond to changes in quantity. A grow of the supply (services sector) means that the prices (and wages) will not/can not fall  :roll:. See: FourastiĆ©s Theorie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-sector_hypothesis
***And in the references you will also find something else: The price elasticity of demand for different goods.... thats how I have see the shift from Empire to state.

Edit: About this topic: I still looking forward to see what narcissistic one liner will this times come. My bet is something like: "I have a english bachlor, unlike you." (Eterne) Still cant wait, which CCP employee will come forward in defense for racial power-fantasies. :D ..... who will be the one? I take bets now :D  if they even answer, aka see me as customer.
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2014, 04:15 by Publius Valerius »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 01 Feb 2014, 06:31 »

.... what??

It could be the ESL thing but Im readin this as ripping ME a new asshole for some reason.  What the hell did I do??
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2014, 06:39 by Arista Shahni »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 01 Feb 2014, 06:37 »

" The Amarr Empire uses almost exclusively Minmatar and Ealur slaves, but the kingdom, denied many of their traditional slave sources, take slaves wherever they can find them."

"The biggest of these are the way the Dark Amarrians - so called for the color schemes on their ships - conduct their trade and business. The Khanid Kingdom is not nearly as rigid and stale in their governing of inter-stellar trade, for the very simple reason that the kingdom absolutely needs outside trade to survive, which is not the case for the empire."

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/The_Khanid_Kingdom_(Chronicle)

"Declaring his home region sovereign territory and styling himself King Khanid II, the Kingdom has forged close ties with the Caldari and had at first a rocky relationship with the Amarr Empire."

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Khanid_Kingdom

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 01 Feb 2014, 06:53 »

I personally have no issue with the Khanid being racist.  They're not the only racists in New Eden, and racism isn't an immediate transition or synonym to xenophobia / bigotry. 

I play Arista as so racist that it ends up painfully subtle - she doesn't even need to say anything racist for people to eventually realise after months of interacting with her normal pleasantries, "Oh my god this woman is a fucking racist!!"

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #29 on: 01 Feb 2014, 07:13 »

.... what??

It could be the ESL thing but Im readin this as ripping ME a new asshole for some reason.  What the hell did I do??

lol No  :D

Other words: A substitute of "slave labor pool" with "caldari tech" or lets say "labor" and "tech"

We see in the world substitution of goods: A substitution of an AUDI with a BMW or a Cola with a Pepsi. But a
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substitute_good
As both "goods" "slave labor" or lets use just say "labor" and "tech" have diffrent properties. Moreover many people would rightfully argue that "labor" and "tech" arent substitutability. Moreover say tech is nothing else as technological change. And it is often discussed whether technical progress jobs creates or on the contrary cause of unemployment etc.... In our case. If I would write that the Khanid substitute "labor" with "tech/investment goods/machines", I would say that investment goods would save labor. Something I would rather not do. As mention above. if I hang my dick to far out it will get cut of, that why I was going the save way. :D

I think the german version is a little better on this as the englisch site: http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technischer_Fortschritt&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technischer_Fortschritt%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DLvb%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:de:official%26channel%3Dnp

By further question just ask..... and no you hadnt done something wrong. It is more the case that I dont want make a claim, which I dont cant really prove.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4