Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That all Blood Raider commanders receive substantial theological training as well? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Sebbie Chief!  (Read 5278 times)

Gabriel Darkefyre

• Clonejack
Re: New Sebbie Chief!
« Reply #15 on: 26 Dec 2013, 16:47 »

We'll probably find she ousts Shakor...

And then turns out to be even more of a Warmongering Tyrant  ;)

Sometimes it's better the Devil you know...

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #16 on: 26 Dec 2013, 17:05 »

If she somehow does oust Shakor, then it will absolutely spell interesting times for the Republic, and every other major faction. Her sense of independence may cause a greater rift between the Federation and Republic (for good or for worse). Her philosophy of securing safety through superior technology may possibly open up new relations between the State and the Republic. And, of course, that same philosophy may also end up causing effects on the war against the Empire.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #17 on: 26 Dec 2013, 23:54 »

I hope she doesn't.  Not because she is not an engaging character but because Midular > Shakor > Midular does not bode well for 'interesting change' in the Minmatar story. 

Give all the tribes cool chiefs, give us a Sanmatar who is badass

Just do something that makes me excited to be Matari.

Be a step in the right direction and not just a step!

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #18 on: 27 Dec 2013, 02:25 »

I hope she doesn't.  Not because she is not an engaging character but because Midular > Shakor > Midular does not bode well for 'interesting change' in the Minmatar story. 

Give all the tribes cool chiefs, give us a Sanmatar who is badass

Just do something that makes me excited to be Matari.

Be a step in the right direction and not just a step!

Next Sanmatar should be Krusual, and he will lie, cheat and steal from Amarr for great Matari justice.
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2013, 02:28 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #19 on: 28 Dec 2013, 12:21 »

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/chief-acassa-midular-sets-out-autonomy-doctrine-at-tribal-assembly/

And so the new chief echoes the words of Ava Starfire and Anabella Rella, along with all Sebiestor!

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #20 on: 28 Dec 2013, 16:40 »

Why does Fed politics seem so uninspired compared to this stuff? They actually put in effort to these stories.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #21 on: 28 Dec 2013, 20:50 »

Why does Fed politics seem so uninspired compared to this stuff? They actually put in effort to these stories.

How can you be uninspired by Freedom, Democracy and all that Good Stuff?

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 28 Dec 2013, 21:34 »

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lyn Farel

« Reply #23 on: 29 Dec 2013, 04:48 »

They do ? The elections were nice...

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #24 on: 29 Dec 2013, 09:37 »

They do ? The elections were nice...

And exactly how many years ago was that?
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 29 Dec 2013, 09:58 »

They put almost no effort in any story these days, this one is not different... It's barely 2 news so far. Call me jaded but we have seen how promising storylines just starting tend to end.

2 or 3 nice news and RP things to keep us fed, then 3 months of nothing. And then a new arc. Which will, like all the other ones, stop after a few news.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 29 Dec 2013, 10:50 »

They put almost no effort in any story these days, this one is not different... It's barely 2 news so far. Call me jaded but we have seen how promising storylines just starting tend to end.

2 or 3 nice news and RP things to keep us fed, then 3 months of nothing. And then a new arc. Which will, like all the other ones, stop after a few news.

This will make for Sad Sebbies =(

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #27 on: 29 Dec 2013, 20:46 »

I too would like to see more intriguing stories for the Fed. Less about Minmatar immigrants stealing all the jerbs and Evil Caldari and more science fiction. Here's some possible stories and plots:

• Drone Rights - Should drones be protected from abuse?
  • Clone Rights - Should clones be considered the same legal entity as the original, or a new one?
  • Purists vs. Modders - Controversy surrounding the rights and 'humanity' of heavily bodymodded people.
  • Equal Opportunity Cloning - Should cloning be covered under Federation healthcare? Should it be offered to everyone?
  • Syndicate Reconciliation - Should Syndicate be allowed to settle? Should they be annexed into the Fed?
  • Serpentis Corruption - How deep do the tendrils of Serpentis reach into the Fed? From homless to President... who is influenced and how?

Despite these great political and philosophical questions to be dug into... all I'm seeing are mirrors of real life news. Minmatar Rights (Immigration Reform), Operation Highlander Leaks (Edward Snowden NSA leaks), and the relatively dull reaction to Colelie.

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #28 on: 29 Dec 2013, 23:40 »

I too would like to see more intriguing stories for the Fed. Less about Minmatar immigrants stealing all the jerbs and Evil Caldari and more science fiction. Here's some possible stories and plots:

• Drone Rights - Should drones be protected from abuse?
  • Clone Rights - Should clones be considered the same legal entity as the original, or a new one?
  • Purists vs. Modders - Controversy surrounding the rights and 'humanity' of heavily bodymodded people.
  • Equal Opportunity Cloning - Should cloning be covered under Federation healthcare? Should it be offered to everyone?
  • Syndicate Reconciliation - Should Syndicate be allowed to settle? Should they be annexed into the Fed?
  • Serpentis Corruption - How deep do the tendrils of Serpentis reach into the Fed? From homless to President... who is influenced and how?

Despite these great political and philosophical questions to be dug into... all I'm seeing are mirrors of real life news. Minmatar Rights (Immigration Reform), Operation Highlander Leaks (Edward Snowden NSA leaks), and the relatively dull reaction to Colelie.

I'd like to see a little civil war action.  The Matari tribes turning inward, the Caldari corporate race going cutthroat, the Gallente government suddenly having to keep a lid on armed revolutionaries, and the Amarr Empire's political Holders rebelling against the office of the Empress.

Then we can have some real hisec PVE.  It'd be great if you were just out and about and suddenly you get a call that Imperial navies have met Holder militias near your position and everyone is being called to assist.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #29 on: 30 Dec 2013, 04:38 »

Take my money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3