Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Author Topic: Who plays with the API?  (Read 5532 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Who plays with the API?
« on: 23 Nov 2013, 14:56 »

So, I have spent a solid part of the weekend thus far playing with the Eve API and Google Docs Spreadsheets.  I have learned a few things along the way... like URL length is limited to 2048 characters!

This matters because Google Docs has a limit of 50 XML calls.  So, the total number of items I can price based on Eve-Central is limited by these two things and the need to make other calls (like for corporate assets from the API).

This weekend's sheets are focused on capturing corporation asset value and member market information (second sheet).  May even have a basic "market killboard" built for LDIS by the end of the weekend.

What have you built using the API?

Edit: for xpath calls, using parenthesis does what you think it would do.

For example:
Code: [Select]
//row[@duration>0 and (@stationid='1' or@stationid='2')]/@what I want
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2013, 22:20 by orange »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
Re: Who plays with the API?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Dec 2013, 13:09 »

A rather inelegant solution to google's 50 call limit is to create another spreadsheet and use importrange to import the whole first spreadsheet in, giving you another 49 calls to work with.   Very messy though.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 15:48 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 01 Dec 2013, 22:12 »

I'm not so savvy on xpath syntax is there supposed to be a space between or and @ for the second stationID?   Seems like you are doing something like a pivot table, but inside the call.  Neat.    I assume that's for api.eveonline.com/corp/marketorders.xml.aspx?  and it calls for specific corp orders that haven't expired at two specific stations?  Presumably Z-RE and 3KB?   I deduce from there that you intend to compare LDIS's sell order value to the total sell order value of those two stations as a way of showing how much of it's due to the work of your guys?     Lyn might have blown your efforts off, but I noticed Z-R is the 12th largest market in Provi.  Nice work.

Also, I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 22:28 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 01 Dec 2013, 23:03 »

Well since we are targeting 4TH's stations, I actually call their IDs from the Outpost API and check for orders in all of them.

I have not yet started to worry about how much of 3KB's sales volume is us.   I know Z-R is not LDIS.

The @ on the second station was needed to make it work for me.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #4 on: 05 Dec 2013, 01:47 »

Forreal doe, I have no idea what is going on.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 05 Dec 2013, 03:11 »

This is Kor in college, I am sorry world.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 05 Dec 2013, 09:16 »

Forreal doe, I have no idea what is going on.

Just tangential discussions of spreadsheet craziness.

For example, Wyke Mossari built this awesome PI spreadsheet.  The "important bit" for most people is on the initial tab column K, M, and N.  However, the "open" spreadsheets reference the locked spreadsheets, which is where the "magic happens" and the x-path calls are generated and called from eve-central.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #7 on: 05 Dec 2013, 18:44 »

I noticed that the 'stock station' feature on EMD actually gives you sales data on each item for that stations region.   This would be REALLY AMAZING to have in a spreadsheet.   We could do actual market reseach and analysis on every freakin' region. If we had it, but they only offer The Forge's data in API...

However, it occurs to me that xpath allows us to pull data from a website,  shouldn't it be possible then to build a call that strips the daily value form say...

http://eve-marketdata.com/stock_station.php?step=Recommend2&solarsystem_name=Motsu&only_profitable=1

???
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2013, 19:07 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #8 on: 06 Dec 2013, 08:58 »

Some fellow over at failheap made this thing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApSkt6CQOux_dHk2TXNKWmJDakZTTGNCLXFCMHoxdVE&usp=drive_web#gid=32

Neat looking but reverse engineering it requires more work than I'm willing to invest atm.
You are RPing wrong.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #9 on: 06 Dec 2013, 14:00 »

Victory!

I discovered that the item price history API from EMD does in fact give an items daily sales volume for each region.   In addition to volume it also lists price high, low and average for said item in said region.   

To show why this is awesome a made a spreadsheet that vaguely predicts price trends for tritanium in the providence region.  Blue over orange combined with positive histogram means price is probably going up.   Maybe.   :bear:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApSkt6CQOux_dHNEd2ZiYUliQzZ2MVVLUkMzeFpYb1E&usp=sharing

Edit:  Wheeee math  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4iODLa9hYw
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2013, 14:03 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #10 on: 06 Dec 2013, 15:19 »

Shiny indeed  8)

Nice mr.Purple  :cube:

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #11 on: 06 Dec 2013, 21:49 »

You are RPing wrong.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 06 Dec 2013, 22:36 »

The volume as dates is bothering me.  It also makes it hard to tell how much of the volume was me a few days ago.   ;)

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #13 on: 07 Dec 2013, 00:11 »

The volume as dates is bothering me.  It also makes it hard to tell how much of the volume was me a few days ago.   ;)

Fixed
You are RPing wrong.