Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Emperor Heideran VII died on 17.09YC105  of Turit Disease just two weeks after the publication of his opus 'Pax Amarria'.

Author Topic: [Character] Esna Pitoojee  (Read 1877 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
[Character] Esna Pitoojee
« on: 25 May 2010, 23:58 »

Name: Esna Millehiros Pitoojee
Race: Amarr (True Amarr)
Known relatives:
Father – Evada Pitoojee (now minor holder, planetside)
Mother – Athrin Pitoojee (minor holder, planetside)

Height: 74 in. / 188 cm
Weight: 137 pounds
Age: Twenty-Six (since first birth; actual clone age varies)
Eye color: Yellow
Hair color: Black

Physical description:
Tall and narrow-framed with a receding hairline. Lacks any major visible body modifications aside from capsule implants, and often wears robes which cover those.
In terms of clothing, he favors tighter, longer robes, and often wears a simple, undecorated shirt and pants when involved in tasks that robes would hamper.

Personality:
Outgoing and generally friendly to all people regardless of race, occupation, or political views, Esna will often approach people and spontaneously begin a conversation; this could also be seen as a constant attempt to become integrated or aware of all that is going on around him. When he does choose to act on something, he prefers to study the situation and formulate a plan before engaging. This does not mean he lacks a solid position; rather, he prefers to make sure that he is sure of his position. When he does move, he does so with speed and assuredness. Until then, he can be amazingly, sometimes infuriatingly calm as he analyses every possible move and tries to predict what will come of it

History:

Born in YC 86 to a pair of commoner parents, Esna was one in a sea of commoners in the relatively undeveloped system of Anjedin. The only significant businesses were run by Holders, which limited how far Esna could reasonably go in business; nonetheless, working for one of the more powerful local Holders - a large landowner on Anjedin III - gave Esna a unique perspective on the Empire's class system. His experiences there - often working with other commoners or slaves to his employer - forever colored his opinions on the dynamics of fear and respect, civility and rudeness one shown to employees and slaves.

At eighteen, Esna signed up for the Imperial Navy. Recognized as being compatible with the capsule but was unable to pay for the capsuleer training; a deal with Carthum Conglomerate left them footing Esna’s bill, but Esna working for them for the several months after graduation.
Eventually, Esna joined Heavily Utilized Mechanic Mayhem, after a by all accounts rather violent meeting with the CEO in an asteroid belt in lowsec. Learning to lead fleets and use the large ships he loves, Esna took a brief tour of duty with Morsus Mihi, but found himself largely unready for nullsec at the time. Returning to HUMM and later moving to another corporation in the same alliance, Talcorp Enterprises, Esna eased himself into nullsec combat, eventually flying on nearly daily operations in Providence.

During this time, Esna rediscovered his lapsed faith, a happening precipitated by his meeting with the then-members of Ordo Quaesitoris Hitome Kei, Aldrith Shutaq, and Math’ra Heide. While Esna began to feel a definite attachment to his faith, he couldn’t understand those that preached harsh measures and traditional, strict conservative brands of the faith, having both experienced the receiving end of that as a commoner and traveled abroad and seen that the talk of other races being “lesser” or “inferior” was untrue. This lead him to adopt a radically - some would say heretically – liberal version of the Amarrian faith. It is noted, however, that Esna has a vitriolic, almost fanatical hatred of Blood Raiders.

Eventually, for reasons unknown, Talcorp Industries left Providence, and soon thereafter Esna left Talcorp after nearly a year in the corp. He has been tight lipped about both incidents, saying only that he’s sad they happened and often misses both. At the moment, Esna can most often be found operating in the Great Wildlands and Insmother regions in support of his new alliance, Honorable Templum of Alcedonia. While he only appears to be operating in support of the alliance, there are more than a few hints that Esna may be building a small network of capsuleer allies and personal employees determined to both defend the Amarr Empire and begin an internal revolution that will bring about vast changes in the Empire, mainly dealing with foreign relations and the treatment of slaves.

-------------------------------------

Esna’s history was an interesting thing to write, because I was not at all considering roleplay when I began to play EVE; hence, I’ve had a bit of fun trying to write in things such as staying in the Imperial Academy for nine months doing Carthum missions and statements I made suggesting Esna could be considered a Holder despite my having selected the “wealthy commoner” origin when I created his character.

Anyhow, feedback/comments/suggestions/questions are appreciated, as I relish every chance to have to expand Esna’s character and my RP experience.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
Re: [Character] Esna Pitoojee
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2010, 00:05 »

Hey Es-no-boobs. ;)

Looks good so far, nothing stands out as being overtly over the top, sounds logical and interesting.

It also hints to their being a "second" side to Esna, I don't know if this was intended or not but the description definately leans towards that (in my mind)

All together spot on and great so far :)

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: [Character] Esna Pitoojee
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2010, 23:14 »

Not sure which 'second' side you're referring to - I like to think there are quite a few 'sides' to Esna, none of them primary or secondary.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.