Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Re-Awakened Technologies Inc is a Minmatar Republic loyalist corporation? Read more here

Author Topic: Artificial People, and PF relating to this.  (Read 982 times)

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
Artificial People, and PF relating to this.
« on: 10 Nov 2013, 09:17 »

The subject of artificial people is something that attracts a lot of comment. I thought it would be useful to examine the PF relating to artificial people.

Ingame, there are several references to such people.
There is a Cloned SoE Officer, for example.
A more significant example, is the Artificial Lord Miyan. The Artificial Lord Miyan, is a constructed person, using a synthetic high quality cloned body, a brain scan of a person, and various other technological doodadery.

From the Templar One novel, we have introduced the THANATOS agents of CONCORD, who are artificial people (sexy Khanid girlies naturally), with various special enhancements and quirks, such as stealth technology and the like.

In the Empyrean Age novel, there is mention of Blood Raider Covenant assassins (sexy Amarr girlies ofc), with various bioengineering things such as faster muscles and so on.

There are then the Jovians and the various artificial people that they create, and the Enheduanni infiltrators, again, artificial people created from nothing.

Thus, artificial people, seem to be an uncommon, but possible phenomenon, within the EVE universe.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Artificial People, and PF relating to this.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2013, 08:06 »

That's interesting, tbh, but I fail to see the point of this tread?

Is there much to discuss about this, or do you have something specific in mind?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2013, 08:51 »

Synthia's character RP validity is OOC attacked by other parties, which is to be expected. More in general, it's going back to the old argument that stirred up a lot of drama around people playing rogue drones and the likes.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2013, 14:50 »

That's interesting, tbh, but I fail to see the point of this tread?
Is there much to discuss about this, or do you have something specific in mind?

The point is to discuss what is known about such artificial persons, and to uncover any other pieces of information, that people may not have encountered or know about.

Things for discussion would be how common and affordable such things might be to capsuleer organisations. Given the whole thing about how capsuleers "rival empires" and so on.

Synthia's character RP validity is OOC attacked by other parties, which is to be expected. More in general, it's going back to the old argument that stirred up a lot of drama around people playing rogue drones and the likes.

The argument centres on the claim that "I do not understand PF".

So, let us examine the PF.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2013, 19:15 »

How many people hate Synthia?

How many people love Synthia?

The facts won't change the hate.  Just blow the fuckers off.