Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Both Black Ops and Titans create artificial wormholes with their respective jump portal generators?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sani Sabik (Alliance) - Let the reaping begin  (Read 6662 times)

Rakelius

• Clonejack
Sani Sabik (Alliance) - Let the reaping begin
« on: 05 Nov 2013, 18:56 »

Hello,

The Problem
It has come to my attention that most RP corps/alliances are dedicated to either of the four empire factions or some of the more popular pirate factions such as angel cartel and sansha's nation. Now I fully respect what they do, and I find it AWESOME that there are so many fellow RP'ers out there. However I find that there is something missing, and lacking in the general RP genre, and if you RP for one of the empires, then most of the background story is already very detailed, and not really something you can just change.

The Idea
I would however find it interesting to create a rich and well-thought through background-story to the Sani Sabik as an alliance. I imagine creating an Amarr character, who's story is that he rose up in the amarr society as a wealthy commoner, and was introduced in secrecy by some other fellow powerful people to the Sani Sabik.
The man then not only follows the ways of the Sani Sabik, but grows a little mad in the teachings he is taught, and decides that it is his destiny to create an empire for the Sani Sabik.

The idea is basically to create an alliance based 100% on the Sani Sabik which have lived in secret around the empires, but who are now gathering for new times ahead. The alliance is very pvp oriented, and takes focus on killing a whole lot of people for bloodings ofcourse  :twisted:

I imagine a very RP active alliance, where we write our own story with the information provided by CCP as a fundamental starting point. I will hire an archivist at the beginning, who will be in the role as an expert on our own self-made lore and act as a writer as well.
I have some real life friends as well, who are more than willing to make some really great and professional art, that could sit well with some articles and chronicles we create ourselves.
It's more than just a classic in-game alliance, it's an idea of creating a rich RP environment for a faction that barely has any information, and bringing it to life. And that is why Sani Sabik is perfect, it allows for us to be creative.

The Structure of the alliance will look as follows (a very rough plan, ideas are welcome):
Sani Sabik Empire (alliance name)
Sani Sabik Emperor (Holding corp, and where an alt, the amarr self-proclaimed emperor is in, purely for rp reasons).
Sani Sabik Council (Consists of: Chancellor. CEO's or representatives of the member corps, and Grand Archivist)
Sani Sabik Reapers (Top elite pilots accesable by the most loyal members, explanation follows)
Sani Sabik Legion (Main pvp corporation)

With the council I want to create a corporation where a CEO of each joining corporation, places an alt in (for rp reasons for meetings and such), or in last case we simply write their names in the corporation description and meet up in custom-made chats. The council however also serves as the RP center, since this is where the archivist (and possible archivist team) will be placed. The council arranger alliance events, such as Blood Reapings (massive killings on random people, and gathering of their corpses) and sacred rituals.
The appointed chancellor of the corporation is the 2nd in command of the entire alliance.

The Sani Sabik Reapers is an idea I started a long time ago. The most worthy and loyal of our members, will eventually be initiated through a ritual as a "Reaper". That means they are veteran and knowledgeable of the ways of the Sani Sabik, and gain access to an account where one of the reaper pilots is in. These pilots have been in training for quite awhile (5 so far in training), and are 100% combat focused, and will only be fitted with the top-end ships and modules.
The reason why we made these pilots is because it serves as part of the background-story.
Shortly described, they are kidnapped minmatar children from the blood raids, who are then grown up as part of the Sani Sabik, with brutal combat training from the very childhood that only few of them survive.
They are the Sani Sabik's answer to the perfect soldier, and they choose minmatar because of their genetics matching perfectly since they are known for their verocity in combat.

And at last the Sani Sabik Legion is where everyone starts who wants to be a part of a brutal pvp environment  :twisted:

Positive as well as negative feedback is more than welcome, and thank you for your time.

Anyanka Funk

Re: Sani Sabik (Alliance) - Let the reaping begin
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2014, 08:40 »

The Blood Raider Covenant is already this.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2014, 09:30 »

You can't join the blood raider covenant as an organized player entity.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2014, 12:12 »

YES! Make this! Populate this! Finally get around to making an actual decent sized target worth the effort. Every damn time I tried to push for a war or even a concerted effort against Blooders or other nasties out there, it was always "Eh, too small, not worth it." Although I suspect the actual reasons were something quite different, at least that excuse goes out the window.

Make something worth going after and I will personally log in and launder some ISK to boost your initial PvP stables.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2014, 03:11 »

The OP hasn't been on since Nov 2013.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2014, 07:26 »

The OP hasn't been on since Nov 2013.

Silly Synthia, noticing things.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 02 Sep 2014, 21:49 »

I know while I was actively involved in public Sabik doings, it seemed to be 2-4 really active people in 2-4 corporations and a regular stream of very active new and/or returning members. Sabik RP seems very much to either be in the closet or burn out too quickly to create any overarching organized goal. Kudos to all the longterm closet Sabiks and many many Kudos to groups like CTCS that have put forth a Sabik message and survived many years, much less a few months.

and also Naupilus. The character I love to hate. For all my hate, Nappy, you sir are sticking to your guns (and often winning) and that's the most Sabik thing anyone can do. Bravo... You bastard.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 04 Sep 2014, 08:30 »

If I ever come back I will try and swing by Nauph's neighborhood for some vigorous pew pewing.

Those IGS posts, so gauche.  Simply will not do.  :P

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #8 on: 04 Sep 2014, 12:15 »

If I ever come back I will try and swing by Nauph's neighborhood for some vigorous pew pewing.

Those IGS posts, so gauche.  Simply will not do.  :P

You missed some pew pew. :yar:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4982079#post4982079

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #9 on: 06 Sep 2014, 19:40 »

This is one thing EVE really needs. There has to be a way for a player pirate to join the NPC Pirate Factions which fight one another just as FW pilots do.

Some pirates are roleplayers, but the majority I have met aren't. I think that as far as a career goes, CCP just tells pirates to buy a stack of frigates and head out into low sec.

So as far as Career options go, I think there should be 'Dark side' career options available in the starter systems too, with Pirate training career agents AND Bounty Hunter career agents available as a career choice next to 'Advanced combat 2'. 

Choosing 'Pirate' career would automatically align you with a pirate faction of your choice. These factions would fight each other all over low-sec for territory, just like Faction War does. It would also use the same mechanisms that FW uses as a template.

Of course, there would still be the option to be a 'lone wolf' or independent pirate.

Bounty Hunters? They would be another of the 'Pirate factions' that was at war with all of the other factions. Perhaps they could be DED aligned.
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2014, 19:45 by Jikahr »
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2014, 14:43 »

This is one thing EVE really needs. There has to be a way for a player pirate to join the NPC Pirate Factions which fight one another just as FW pilots do.

Some pirates are roleplayers, but the majority I have met aren't. I think that as far as a career goes, CCP just tells pirates to buy a stack of frigates and head out into low sec.

So as far as Career options go, I think there should be 'Dark side' career options available in the starter systems too, with Pirate training career agents AND Bounty Hunter career agents available as a career choice next to 'Advanced combat 2'. 

Choosing 'Pirate' career would automatically align you with a pirate faction of your choice. These factions would fight each other all over low-sec for territory, just like Faction War does. It would also use the same mechanisms that FW uses as a template.

Of course, there would still be the option to be a 'lone wolf' or independent pirate.

Bounty Hunters? They would be another of the 'Pirate factions' that was at war with all of the other factions. Perhaps they could be DED aligned.

Edit: There are already few threads about this.
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2014, 15:41 by Anyanka Funk »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2014, 15:49 »

Yea ever since FW was launched back in '08 people have been asking CCP for this.

Expand FW to more of lowsec, involve the 'minor' factions and pirates.  Good outlet for LP stores for all factions.

The answer has always been "lol no"

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 15 Sep 2014, 13:37 »

A hybrid of incursion and FW mechanics that included the minor factions would be a lovely addition to the game. Won't happen, ofc.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #13 on: 27 Sep 2014, 03:10 »

for what it is worth, CTCS now has the ability, to form an alliance.

I have doubts about what purpose this would serve, because of the whole thing with numbers, timezones, and also the disparate beliefs of all the Sani sabik rp'ers that I know about.

I don't see the enjoyment in creating what might be little more than a straw man or "Aunt Sally", for anti-blooder elements, such as what Mizhara was talking about, to beat upon.

Going the other way, as "rp-lite" or whatever, to get numbers in, and then get moaned at for being "rp-lite", doesn't seem enjoyable either.

The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 27 Sep 2014, 08:53 »

RP-lite can actually work out pretty well in my experience. CVA seems to have been RP-lite for years. Some groups like I.LAW have a core of RPers while recruiting non-RPers to enjoy the style of gameplay they enjoy. I personally enjoyed my time being one of two RPers in Jihadasquad.

Getting the numbers can really help you do the things you aspire to do, especially in a game like EVE. There are a limited number of RPers, so why not recruit like minded non-RPers to play spaceships with?
Pages: [1] 2