Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That CCP financed the initial development of EVE Online by publishing a board game called Hættuspil ("Danger Game")?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question re: Slaver Filth thread moderation  (Read 5670 times)

Vincent Pryce

Re: Question re: Slaver Filth thread moderation
« Reply #15 on: 07 Nov 2013, 09:26 »

This proves I should probably not be playing EVE.  I even got along with and RPed with the obvious troll.

Am I just impossible to disgust or piss off anymore?

Vikarion

« Reply #16 on: 07 Nov 2013, 10:23 »

This proves I should probably not be playing EVE.  I even got along with and RPed with the obvious troll.

Well, I didn't RP with him, but I wasn't pissed off or disgusted either.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #17 on: 07 Nov 2013, 12:36 »

* Repentence Tyrathlion raises hand to join this club

Only thing that can really piss me off most of the time is blatant, unrepentant stupidity.  I found the guy amusing, though his meta-level screwery with the wiki and such caused much rolling of eyes.

I've kind of always believed a thick skin was an important prerequisite for this game, but apparently mine is thicker than most?  *shrug*

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #18 on: 07 Nov 2013, 12:52 »

The other Eve forum I read has a thread named "Autism General". A thick skin is something I'm quite proud of having, and Eve has definitely been a major part of forming it  :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #19 on: 07 Nov 2013, 13:02 »

The other Eve forum I read has a thread named "Autism General". A thick skin is something I'm quite proud of having, and Eve has definitely been a major part of forming it  :P

FHC is a special place.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 07 Nov 2013, 13:19 »

FHC is a special place.

Lurking4evar.

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #21 on: 07 Nov 2013, 14:01 »

Sup.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #22 on: 07 Nov 2013, 14:58 »

Sup.

I refuse to register on FHC because the thought of Sofia with mod powers fucking terrifies me.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 07 Nov 2013, 14:59 »

She is a usually benevolent (doesn't give a shit) moderator from what I've seen. Of course, I have no idea which sub-forum she actually moderates, because that would require paying attention.

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #24 on: 07 Nov 2013, 15:39 »

I'm not actually a mod any more, fairly thankful of it too. Was a global mod, then scaled back to serious business and W&P (I made that thread which you're referring to, and it's totally accurate).

EntroX might ask me to do it again at some point though. Might even say yes.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 08 Nov 2013, 06:00 »

Thanks for the response, Morwen. If I understand it (and can summarise it) correctly the reasoning is basically that you changed your mind on it (Andy's post that is) being flamebait in the context of an escalating explosion of posts that contravened the rules. If that's accurate, that's perfectly understandable and a good answer to the question I asked.

To clarify a couple of things from your response post:

1. I have no disagreements with the fact the entire thread was catacomb'd (except that it probably should have happened far sooner, but mods are human and all that)
I did not catacomb "the entire thread". I catacombed approximately 25 posts starting in the general area where reports were targeted, based on a specific point that was, beyond being the earliest post that was reported, pretty clearly ground zero for the subsequent spiral.

Yeah, that was my derp. I was reading the forum through a smartphone app. For some reason it either showed Andy's post as being post #1 in that thread or I read it as such - I was multitasking at the time. For some reason I thought this was a separate thread to the one it was actually a part of. Sorry for any confusion that chain of events caused.

To be fair, I shouldn't have included that note in your post when it was tossed into the bin with the rest, since we're technically not supposed to disclose that information.

I know where you're coming from (rules/ethics for mod staff, etc) but I wasn't concerned by that at all. I don't report too much (at least I don't think I do) and I've no problem with people knowing when I do or what I do it for. Like I should have said in the original - no harm, no foul and no offense taken on my part.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #26 on: 08 Nov 2013, 07:16 »

That's basically it, yes - and I wouldn't have been the one to moderate it if there had been any indication any of the other moderators would have shown up before it spiraled even further.

There wasn't any such indication, so, I did. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :psyccp:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 [2]