Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sarum family is known for being the most belligerent royal family?

Author Topic: Tibs Wasn't Kidding (Anslol Critique)  (Read 3344 times)

Anslol

Tibs Wasn't Kidding (Anslol Critique)
« on: 22 Oct 2013, 08:53 »

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1oxg8b/who_is_your_favorite_fc_and_what_makes_them_so/

I got called out as fav FC, a bunch of times O_o. Well shit, 5 months into it and still going! For those of who who've flown with me these glorious past few months, how else could I better my FCing?

Be as blunt and harsh as fucking possible. I won't get better if people just stroke my ego. I need to identify problems and work on them.

AOkazon

• Wetgraver
  • 'zis is going to be ze awezome.
Re: Tibs Wasn't Kidding (Anslol Critique)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2013, 09:54 »

You might catch more people if you don't flood local before finding them, I guess? I don't really care, though.

Anslol

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2013, 10:05 »

Oh it was WAY worse before you came lol. I had to literally yell at people to stop after Desu suggested it.

AOkazon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2013, 11:01 »

Nah, I don't mean the chat. :D though yes, discipline is hard especially with a group like this.

What I mean is that we all jump into a system together, rather than having a tackler/scout locate targets before we jump (and spike local, thus letting the target know trouble is inbound).

The rest of the fleet could either wait at a safe spot in -1 (disadvantage of being rather slow to get into the fight), or on the entry gate to the target's system.

Anslol

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2013, 11:09 »

By the time we have something tackled, it might just end up killing the tackler though. I keep thinking about that but I just have a feeling someone would kill tackle and get away as soon as we landed.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2013, 11:28 »

Then you need to focus some time on teaching people how to be good tacklers.

Being able to hold a target down long enough for your fleet to arrive is a really big part of that - if you are so concerned about the tackler's ability to survive long enough that you are piling the entire fleet in at one time and not bothering, then three possibilities come to mind:
- You're engaging things you shouldn't be trying to tackle in the first place and the problem is irrelevant, or
- You lack faith in your tacklers and/or think your tackle sucks, or
- Your tacklers actually suck.

The first can be fixed by learning what you can and can't engage in certain ways, and making sure your fleet does that.

The latter two have the same solution: teach them the correct ways to provide tackle and survive.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2013, 11:37 »

I tend to be too aggressive, and managed to kill the target before the rest of the fleet could land a few times..

AOkazon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2013, 11:54 »

What Morlag said.

As I implied, this isn't a fatal flaw in your FC'ing. People are still having gudtimes, getting more kills than we lose ships.

But you said you wanted to improve, and that's the most obvious step forward I can see -- better positioning to enhance the element of surprise!

Anslol

« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2013, 11:56 »

Yep, thanks Morlag! I'll see about talking to me instalockers and working this out...though tbh when I get drunk I'm just blind warping in cause MAN that's fun :D

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2013, 03:46 »

I tend to be too aggressive, and managed to kill the target before the rest of the fleet could land a few times..

And we hate love you for it. :)

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #10 on: 23 Oct 2013, 04:12 »

You, sir, are awesome and should volunteer for picket duty.
Deep sea fish loves you forever