Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Author Topic: EvE - Valkyrie  (Read 632 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
EvE - Valkyrie
« on: 21 Oct 2013, 13:39 »

Hi if you have read Jester's article on EVr, then i invite you to do it now http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2013/10/inside-your-own-head.html He mentions a "wrapper" something that makes playing EVr a recurring "need"  :lol:

Here though i would like to invite everyone to discuss what kind of "Lore" would like to see from EVr as a game....as i find EVr extremely interesting and with a lot of potential (specially since it seems it will be PC based?) in stark contrast to dust514.

Myself, i am looking for something along the lines of:

You are a regular human, trained to fly space-fighters and space-bombers, currently stationed in a carrier/supercarrier at the service of the main sovereign nations of EvE (read that as all NPC factions, from amarr to serpentis and syndicate).

Your assignments may vary from uneventful patrolls down to chaotic fleet fights of supercapital ships. Carve your career as a succesful pilot and become a squad leader and eventually wing leader (leader of a squad of 5-6 pilots, up to 25 wich is the entire wing of a super-cap).

Background storyline is set firmly within the eve universe, but from the perspective of a mortal, who's only chance to survive is to be good, or use the ejection seat and eat space dust.

How do you envision the Lore and Storyline of EVr?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: EvE - Valkyrie
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2013, 15:07 »

I suspect they will go with a DUST-flavor with the 'base' being the carrier you continue to launch from in order to facilitate respawns.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2013, 20:31 »

I suspect they will go with a DUST-flavor with the 'base' being the carrier you continue to launch from in order to facilitate respawns.

Using Duster implant tech, they will make immortal fighter pilots who will continually respawn in the carrier medical bay, and reship until the carrier is dead.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2013, 01:57 »

Or it runs out of ships (tickets).

On the lore front, I believe that currently the pilots of fighters and bombers are failed capsuleer candidates? I expect that will continue.