Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The nation of Jin-Mei is the latest addition to the Federation? For more, read here.

Author Topic: [Planet/colony] I-MGAB II (Ayem) in Providence region  (Read 946 times)

Jandice Ymladris

• Collector of Civilians!
  • Wetgraver
    • Aurora Arcology News

Decided to give this it's own thread, as the discussion about it was starting to overtake the original 'Worldbuilding' thread.
I'm urrently into the start of a worldbuilding project, continuing an older project. The current info about the planet & wordlbuilding is credit to the 4TH District members. It's in providence, the I-MGAB system, planet II (Ayem):

History

Pre-empyrean history

Most of the regions early history is still undiscovered. No known expeditions were made to the planet, the system, or even same region of space. Recent Evidence supports some inhabitans of Minmatar and Amarr origin. This indicates the area may have been under a process of colonization. There is strong evidence of Sansha activities that dates back to the early stages of Sansha Kuvakei's Nation

Empyrean History

YC 109.08.05 the Empyrean power Aegis Militia established a foothold in the area, clearing up the Sansha activities and building the system's Research Outpost. Aegis Militia maintained control until the early YC 111, when Opticon Alliance took control for a short while, with no evidence of major impact on the planet. Soon after Circle-of-Two established control and held it for a half year. In late YC 111, CVA gained control during its crusade to recapture Providence. Around the same time, CONCORD openned up planatary development to capsuleers and now the rescources could now be exported and refined ina more effective way. CVA held power until fighting with Ewoks erupted. The small scale planatary development was underway and escaped destruction during the fighting. In mid-112 the constellation changed hands and The Fourth District established nominal control. In late 112, CONCORD refined capsuleer planetary development to include  direct corporate control (POCO´s). In the first quarter of 114, a member corporation of The Fourth District, Lai Dai Infinity Systems removed the InterBus Customs Office (POCO) and established its own, as part of a larger planetary development campaign.

Current Situation

4TH District maintains security in space, as Nation is prevalent in the area shown by this News Report.  Ayem colony remainds under  Fourth Infrastructure Investment Ltd with the CEO of Aurora Arcology (Jandice Ymladris)  as added boardmember.  An expert team from AA is send out to inventarize the colony, assessing the best course for the future after consulting the Board of Directors

Colony Data

Designation:      I-MGAB II

Common Name:   Ayem

World Type:      Temperate Planet

Governance:      Corporate, Limited Tribal

Population:      ~15,000 Corporate Employees, Unknown Tribal

Resources:       Aqueous Liquids, Autotrophs, Carbon Compounds, Complex Organism, Micro Organisms

Principal Exports: Fertilizer, Livestock, Polytextiles, Test Cultures

Planet Data

Temperature:  309K   (36 °C)

Orbit Radius:  1.121 AU   (167 mill KM)

Eccentricity:  0.022   (normal circular planetary orbit)

Orbital period:  405 days   (expected)

Radius:   4700 Km   (9400 Km diameter)

Mass:   2.4e+24 Kg   (normal for it's size)

Density:   5.434 g/cm3   (normal)

Surface gravity:   7.1 m/s^2   (expected for it's size & mass)

Escape Velocity:   8.2 km/s   (expected parameter)

Atmospheric Pressure: Very low (requires terraforming to bring it in line for long term human habitation)

You can follow it on the Aurora Arcology Blog or the 4TH District forum. Note; not much has happened yet as I only recently got active in it.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2013, 05:01 by Jandice Ymladris »

Kra

• Ark
  • Clonejack
Re: [Planet/colony] I-MGAB II (Ayem) in Providence region
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2013, 09:05 »

Was this planet one that had moon where titan was built?
He who stands with me shall be my brother!

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #2 on: 08 Oct 2013, 09:55 »

Was this planet one that had moon where titan was built?

No it was another planet in the system. 

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2013, 11:42 »

I like the fact the background of the planet is directly tied to capsuleer sovereignity rather than just NPC fluff.

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #4 on: 08 Oct 2013, 12:42 »

I like the fact the background of the planet is directly tied to capsuleer sovereignity rather than just NPC fluff.

That was the idea  :) Wanted to incorporate the fact that capsuleers have been there, and that we now can direct make industry on planet via PI. Colonies was not that far fetched in my book.

Both history and future progress will be worked on, its a source of inspiration. Auroura Arcology is the most recent project.