Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Naqam (A Sansha aligned capsuleer corporation) manufactured the Naqam Heavy Bioindustries Ultra Happy Chip™? It was player created - see advertisements on the Eve Wiki!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Baby crazy  (Read 8229 times)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Re: Baby crazy
« Reply #45 on: 04 Oct 2013, 13:20 »

I'll never do it in EVE because being a pregnant capsuleer cuts into my ISK/hr.

:yar: Caldari much?

No, but I khanid alot,which is half as bad. :D

And here I was thinking Arista starved herself for that wiry thin frame of hers. (ingame, of course. sheesh, people.)

>.>

She's pod-fed 99% of the time, thats no secret..

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #46 on: 28 Oct 2013, 21:12 »

I think the Shutaq children gave more depth to Mitty and Aldy(I think, he'd have to comment I suppose) - in particular, I think it really highlighted the depth of Mitty's zealotry and her commitment to duty, while highlighting Aldy's pragmatism and more reasonable world outlook(for an Amarrian).  It was also something we wanted to do to keep Mit and Aldy 'human'.  Anyhow, it was great fun and I still can't believe she didn't get podded over those 18 months!

* Typed from the Shutaq estate with children climbing all over her.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #47 on: 28 Oct 2013, 21:15 »

I think the Shutaq children gave more depth to Mitty and Aldy(I think, he'd have to comment I suppose) - in particular, I think it really highlighted the depth of Mitty's zealotry and her commitment to duty, while highlighting Aldy's pragmatism and more reasonable world outlook(for an Amarrian).  It was also something we wanted to do to keep Mit and Aldy 'human'.  Anyhow, it was great fun and I still can't believe she didn't get podded over those 18 months!

* Typed from the Shutaq estate with children climbing all over her.

I'm not even going to comment other than to say it's a good thing you're not subbed.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #48 on: 29 Oct 2013, 15:00 »

I still can't believe she didn't get podded over those 18 months!

This was a personal goal of mine, but the opportunity wasn't there. Sigh.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #49 on: 02 Nov 2013, 12:07 »

Those were great times. At the time the Mitty baby debate was the cause of much internal conflict for KotMC. (because what's more Amarrian than deciding you know what's best for other Amarrians?) So many characters wanted Mitty to play it safe but she kept plexing and jumping dreadnaughts into Minnie fleets  :cube:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 02 Nov 2013, 12:19 »

+1000 RP points for playing that whole thing out and being willing to stand by results.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #51 on: 02 Nov 2013, 12:27 »

I have made her immune to any sort of kidnapping or mishap.

This is gonna sound picky, but that's not the intent. Bear with.

In the years past, watching you develop in EVE, It seems that you've made almost every aspect of your gameplay and RP immune to any sort of outside interference. In corp. In space. Your personal planet thing. Your storyline. All nicely isolated. All free from any 'meddling'.

As such, I think it's been at least a couple years, if not a few, since I've read any of your material.
I can't affect it, it can't won't ever attempt to affect me.
My mind classifies it all as NPC-behavior, perhaps not rightly so, but it does.
It's not a reflection of quality, or based on any dramas (I don't think you and I have ever actually been at odds), it's just filtration of information; when spending limited time pouring over EVE-related text on the interwebs, I need to focus on things that could be important to me later.

But what if I've got it all wrong? I'm certainly no expert on your activities anymore, and people who ask me about you (it happens) get a big dumb shrug out of me.

Is my picture correct?
Is it your intent if so/not?
Why do you think you headed in that direction?
« Last Edit: 02 Nov 2013, 12:31 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #52 on: 02 Nov 2013, 13:21 »

So, if I understand correctly, you have not read any of his material for the last couple of years, but you have the feeling that he has made it completely immune to any outside interference ? How would you know that if you have not read any of his material in the first place ? From hearsay ?

Though all the nitpicking aside, have you even tried to interact with it ? Maybe it's immune, maybe not, I don't know. But I know I have taken part (and still take part) in his so called bubbled planet thing, and it could either go well or very bad eventually, depending on what it creates (elitism vs elusenian ideals, a state in the state out of the local law, etc). Still much to do of course, it's the very beginning, so we will see...

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #53 on: 02 Nov 2013, 14:50 »

So, if I understand correctly,

We can apparently stop here.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #54 on: 02 Nov 2013, 15:48 »

Considering..

A: How Seriphyn's last child ended up and

B: The state some people will godmod other people's RP and spite it to have a brief moment of "me" while doing long term damage to someone else's character or story, to which they couldn't give a toss about the long term implications or RP those out.

I don't blame him for making a plot device entirely under his control, because let's face it, she isn't going to be running for president any time soon, or affecting the mass political outlook of the game, or likely feature in a singular Scope newspost. It is what it is, content written by someone to give a bit of life and character in the universe, a talking point that doesn't rely on CCP news stories which get chewed up and over analysed in a desire for more PF, or more annoyingly the same old debates we've had the past x number of years since said incident/storyline arc first came to be.

At the end of the day while RP is leaving your character open to interaction and events dictated by other people, props and plot devices that you've created are entirely your own to shape, and I see both Elusenia and Seri's daughter as the latter.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #55 on: 02 Nov 2013, 16:04 »

I empathize with Seriphyn's desire to keep certain aspects of his character's private life under his control. I keep my personal channels under lock and key constantly, and ensure that there won't be random people showing up and pissing on my houseplants. That said...

Seriphyn has made every effort to put Elusenia in the limelight. He's made plenty of public postings, he's given it political or military alignment in unrelated RP plots, and he's generally just made it very noticeable and impactful on the scene. Because of those very public and engaging decisions, which I laud, I cannot support his desire to keep Elusenia under lock and key. It's no longer just 'his' storyline. Not when he starts pushing it into the RPs of others, whether by permission or not.

The more public Elusenia gets, the more I feel it should be open to meddling.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #56 on: 02 Nov 2013, 16:06 »

The issue is, I can entirely see someone posting a "Aha I have bombarded you from orbit, here is the proof with my AFK battleship at the planet for 20 minutes and no one coming to stop me." esque storyline of crap.

Why? Because it's happened before, and as you said, some people like to piss in the plant pots.

While I agree it would be great if people did open up their creations to community interaction, I can see people's reason for keeping them purely as a railroad plot to give people something to read about.

That said, I don't think Elusenia is entirely 100 dictated by Seri, he does adjust the story dependant on actual PF from CCP, and gives it that dynamic relevance. My question is what could or would capsuleers actually want with the place, other than to mess it up?
« Last Edit: 02 Nov 2013, 16:09 by Caellach Marellus »
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #57 on: 02 Nov 2013, 16:09 »

When events on and around Mantenault put Pyre Marines and Elusenian Carabineros on a collision course earlier this year, I found Seriphyn very approachable and reasonable to deal with.

When he puts Elusenia out into the 'verse he seems to be willing to negotiate and cooperate, he just seems unwilling to let people unleash hell within Elusenian borders.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #58 on: 02 Nov 2013, 16:51 »

When events on and around Mantenault put Pyre Marines and Elusenian Carabineros on a collision course earlier this year, I found Seriphyn very approachable and reasonable to deal with.

When he puts Elusenia out into the 'verse he seems to be willing to negotiate and cooperate, he just seems unwilling to let people unleash hell within Elusenian borders.

Fair enough then. I'll retract my earlier criticism then.

Zsaryna Adrelana

• Clonejack
« Reply #59 on: 02 Nov 2013, 18:31 »

If I may comment at this point...
Z will not ever have children of her own. She is now infirtile and various other factors (primarily her life in NullSec) mean that children are not on the radar, or at least the option of having children isn't available because she does stuff in null and doesn't want to wake up and find her foetus didn't make the clone jump with her again. Also, I'm not sure how Ni-Kunni culture plays it but I would have thought getting married twice is bad and getting married three times would be asking for family rejection.
Z is also aware she's not ready for kids at this point, she's tried it didn't work out so she won't try again.

That being said, she is an aunt, does occasionally babysit and I do have an arc coming up involving Z's twelve year old neice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5