Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That travelling to planets takes quite a long time?  For more, read here.

Author Topic: I hate comcast.  (Read 2551 times)

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
I hate comcast.
« on: 22 May 2010, 16:51 »

It keeps cutting out on me and the stupid neighborhood association (of fail) have a contract with them so I can't get anything else.

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
Re: I hate comcast.
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2010, 01:43 »

what percent?  their contract should have a minimum up time.

IzzyChan

• Omelette
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2010, 06:27 »

The greedy jerks that "own" this area have always gotten part of the cut that comcast makes offa us.   I don't think they're going to switch any time soon. |:

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2010, 00:30 »

so Comcast is provided by ownership as a covered utility?

some of AIMCO's property have a utility agreement with Comcast, though not the one I’m at.  mine is an A-class which i feel is short hand for "charge you up the A-hole cuz it looks rich and poor people can't afford to live inside the shield wall"..which means we don't cover any utilities. 

there should be some sort of ratio-utility system as part of, or an addendum to, the Lease Annex.

Obviously Cable is not an inalienable right nor is it covered under any landlord/tenant legislation individually like satellite dish and service is (it is a federal right of every American to have a satellite dish regardless of whether the owner agrees, barring several defined guidelines).

my questions for you are:

Do you pay any fees or is this included in the rent/payment agreement?

Are you required to have this service; part of the rent and if you refuse this service would it lower your rate?

did you sign an addendum involving this utility (you'd be surprised how many addendums aren't actually legally binding and are designed to try and scare tenants into following “house rules“)

what state are you in (blue states tend to favor tenants)?

IzzyChan

• Omelette
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2010, 13:44 »

Well all I can say is this is Florida, rules and law to protect regular citizens have no effect down here.    It's either comcast or dialup. Or nothing at all. :(

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 2010, 09:03 »

I feel Izzy's frustration.

I live far enough away from town that my choices are dial up or Comcast and Comcast messes up my bill, doesn't mail it on time, and then tries to give me a late fee once or twice a year.

The accountant don't pay her bills late and I'm tired of their customer service trying to tell me otherwise.

Comcast can take their 8 dollar late fee and shove it where the sun don't shine.

*hugs Izzy*

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jul 2010, 17:34 »

Well all I can say is this is Florida, rules and law to protect regular citizens have no effect down here.    It's either comcast or dialup. Or nothing at all. :(

the Telecommunications Act of 1996 mandated that you can not be blocked from access to Satellite.  This has been updated twice, once in 1999 and once in 2001.  However there are some provisions in that Act which your landlord/title holder/management company can use to limit this access.  I know cuz it is a big bitch to tell fat-ass couch-potato football-fanatics that MUST HAVE NFL TICKET!!! …"No, we are not going to cut down those trees that cost 30k each so that you can get reception.”

I would assume even in a rural location that has Comcast there is some DSL variant via a telecom provider?  Where are you in Florida, the panhandle or like in some civilized part of Florida?  We have hella properties in that market…and it is a crap market right now; the rates have crashed.  Shop around for a better place!

IzzyChan

• Omelette
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jul 2010, 19:22 »

I live on the border of the largest retirement village for old people.

Old people.

That haven't discovered email yet.