Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

Author Topic: [LFC] Caldari hunter looking for work  (Read 747 times)

Vek

• Clonejack
[LFC] Caldari hunter looking for work
« on: 01 Sep 2013, 17:40 »

I know the term 'hunter' is a touch ambiguous, but as I'm relatively new to the scene, I'm not sure what else to call myself... you know, other than 'green', 'new', or ''rat bait'.

I only just started my EVE career a couple weeks ago, but I've been in the RP scene ever since the tabletopping and MUD days. Even as a self proclaimed vet, I'm still a little overwhelmed at the sheer amount of lore available in the EVE universe, both in its volume and the admittedly confusing retcons and subtle changes that seem to dot its timeline. 

With all of that being said, I'm looking for a home. This game is amazing, but I can already tell it will become boring very quickly without friends to play with. I'm still hammering out an IC profile, but OOCly, what I'm looking for is fairly simple; I want to learn how to enjoy all aspects of the game. PvE seems fairly straight forward, but I'd like to try my hand at PvP in both smaller and larger scale conflicts. As of right now, I'm training to fly drone boats (the Caldari / Gallente wars play a part in it, though I'm still working that into my IC profile), but I'm also interested in logistic ships and EWAR. At the moment I'd be willing to go any route that would benefit a team. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I also created a miner alt (and I'm glad I did, as the bulk of my cash is coming from his rock chewing) that I would be more than happy to include as well, though it's not necessary if a corporation doesn't deal with alts.

Obviously, role playing is a must - I want to immerse myself in this universe with pilots who are experienced enough to help me along the way, as well as help grow my character (and hopefully, I'll be able to contribute to theirs!). At the moment I don't have much else, as I'm not entirely sure what to ask, but feel free to contact me (Vanon Xek) if you have any questions I might be able to help you with!

Vincent Pryce

Re: [LFC] Caldari hunter looking for work
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2013, 23:33 »

I-RED or Pyre might be your slice of the pie. There should be recruitment posts for both in this section.

Desiderya

« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2013, 08:11 »

Howdy,

I'd say you should give us a look. We're strictly small scale/small gang PvP and part of caldari FW, so the typical highsec venues of hauling/mining/missioning are more or less a no-go for your own safety, so your industry alt sounds remarkably sane from my POV.

Condors for the CondorSchwarm.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2013, 08:34 »

Pyre Falcon Defence Combine is probably only if you want to explore small unit/small ship PvP as a Caldari mercenary and private military contractor that may or may not be involved in shady and dubious corporate things that require moral and ethical flexibility working in the interests of Kaalakiota, Wiyrkomi and Lai Dai.

We've always sought to work according to the principle that quality is always better than quantity and judge entry and continued membership so long as people can show they have the desired qualities of initiative, a love of explosions and killmails, and the ability to operate in a relaxed, tight-knit group. Whilst internally I'd say Pyre Falcon has a culture of alcoholism and latent homoeroticism where we tell dirty and politically incorrect jokes at each other it doesn't mean we don't expect people to at least try to act like the Caldari military professionals we pretend to be in that you've got display you're not prone to displays of butthurt tears or emotional drama over a game.

In essence, we're just average and typical mercs doing the dirty work for the State and that reflects in most of what we do both in RP and in our pvp focus.

If that appeals to you, then feel free to drop either Veikitamo Gesakaarin or Desiderya a mail in-game.