Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Character] Verone  (Read 5157 times)

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
[Character] Verone
« on: 21 May 2010, 04:04 »

« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2012, 03:55 by Verone »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: [Character] Verone
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2010, 04:07 »

I am impress.

btw,
Hair = PINK
fixed for yoo.  8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2010, 19:04 »

Height = 232cm?

Like what the hell?

It makes snogging practically impossible...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2010, 13:21 »

Height = 232cm?

Like what the hell?

It makes snogging practically impossible...

It's alright, he just picks Kyoko up off the floor :3

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2010, 14:32 »

My opinion so not sure it’s the right location for it?

from the IC interactions I’ve observed I’d have to say what i really like about Verone is that the toon's choices are from dynamic motivation.  Things like what he agrees or disagrees with are not dogmatic.  The toon is fluid to the situation yet still with-in the millue of the character style; exactly in line with how this quintessential archetype should be.  Most people who try end up with their toons coming across as schizophrenic or with out a personality compass, not Verone.

You know when you went your own way instead of sticking with Shamis I was quietly disappointed and thought “well this is a fast road to ignominious irrelevance, what a shame”.  I have to say I was really wrong.   I've never said it to you but I believe you have made Verone into one of the signature toons for EVE. 

much respect.

…dirty pirate :P

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2010, 17:45 »

232 cm?? Please explain. Just a freak, some major genetic engineering or clone re-tooling?

Also, how is he .. you know.. downstairs. I'm sure the ladies of Eve want to know!

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jun 2010, 05:56 »

My opinion so not sure it’s the right location for it?

from the IC interactions I’ve observed I’d have to say what i really like about Verone is that the toon's choices are from dynamic motivation.  Things like what he agrees or disagrees with are not dogmatic.  The toon is fluid to the situation yet still with-in the millue of the character style; exactly in line with how this quintessential archetype should be.  Most people who try end up with their toons coming across as schizophrenic or with out a personality compass, not Verone.

You know when you went your own way instead of sticking with Shamis I was quietly disappointed and thought “well this is a fast road to ignominious irrelevance, what a shame”.  I have to say I was really wrong.   I've never said it to you but I believe you have made Verone into one of the signature toons for EVE.  

much respect.

…dirty pirate :P

That's pretty flattering mate, and very much appreciated. Especially coming from someone as established in Eve's RP community as yourself.

I've always tried to play him as dynamic, and it's annoyed a few people in the past because they expect him to behave in a certain way due to the player behind him.

I despise the use of out of character information and feeling when I'm making decisions in Eve, and very rarely is an out of character decision made in the management of Veto Corp other than when it's absolutely necessary.

As for his way of thinking, he's made countless friends that he wouldn't have even come into contact with in New Eden purely because of the directness in his approach to speaking with people. It's also made him a lot of enemies given the fact he's unbelievably forthright with his views, and sees little difference whether he's talking to a non-pat dockhand or Tibus Heth.

He's very black and white in a sense that he treats everyone with the same high level of respect until they wrong him, then it's lost for good. Generally when someone gets to the point of being on his bad side, he tends to disregard them and not bother to give them his time, unless of course he feels insulted, then his savagely acidic tongue comes into play, and if he sees an opportunity for revenge he'll be more than likely to take it. He's pretty much a woman in that respect, rarely holds grudges but when he does they're of a savage nature. :lol:

As for schizophrenic, well... he hides a few secrets, the main one most close to him know about; he's a sufferer of DID. He manages to hide the war of personalities going on in his head extremely well from the public, and generally keeps a very level head unless situations are of extreme duress. I think in total I've only ever seen him lose his cool two or three times in the past when I've been playing him. It takes a lot, and he has a massively long fuse, but when he does go off it's comparable to a Doomsday device :oops:

232 cm?? Please explain. Just a freak, some major genetic engineering or clone re-tooling?

Also, how is he .. you know.. downstairs. I'm sure the ladies of Eve want to know!

He and his twin sister Akora suffer from a genetic condition that causes them to have an over-active pituitary gland. The result is their excessive height (his sister is 224cm).

His heavy build comes from him taking advantage of his height and training hard, rather than opting to have his clones genetically modified temporarily to try and slow the growth. He's also very Gallente and a little metrosexual about his general appearance, hence his hair and keeping in shape.

The embracing of the disorder with heavy training dates back to his time with the Federation Navy and Federal Customs as a cadet, when he was targeted by people looking to make a point by lashing out a the largest of a group to intimidate the rest. It's pretty much for self defence. He's had a few downsized clones in the past, but they've been hidden in his capsule mainly, and only been there to make him more comfortable when he's piloting.

As for your second question, it made me chuckle.

Obviously his physical size and build is going to have its advantages, and he has scared a few women off in the past due to it much to his frustration and amusement.

I'll leave it to your imagination GoGo, just ask yourself one question : Why do you think Kyoko is always tired? :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys, they're genuinely pleasing to read and make all the effort of character building worthwhile.

He's a little over six years in the making, but he's got a long way to go and I'm hoping that my fiction continues to flesh him out where live RP doesn't quite fill the gaps.

« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2010, 05:58 by Verone »

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2010, 14:40 »

Okay... So I've been playing some APB recently, and decided I quite like their character creation system.

...So I went out and updated Ethan's bio image with a more accurate representation of him using APB's awesome avatar creation tools.

Link has been updated in the OP.  :D

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jul 2010, 12:36 »

Guys... Character thread?  :P

lol

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul 2010, 13:48 »

You started it. :P

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2010, 20:57 »

[admin]Topic split, APB comments merged with existing thread in Speakeasy.[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #11 on: 31 Aug 2010, 22:02 »

Topic split, APB comments merged with existing thread in Speakeasy.

Didn't realise you'd done this... thanks  :P

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 09 Nov 2010, 08:56 »

Wow... Very nice.

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:49 »

So, an update for V's bio image with the new Carbon character creation system ^_^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/verone3784/6524b936.png

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 31 Jan 2011, 15:32 »

I have to say it Verone, that's a very pretty pirate you have there.  Good thing he's such a bad ass.
Pages: [1] 2