Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Daedalus X pulled off a Capital ship heist in a level two wormhole. read more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Winter] Marauders Rebalance  (Read 25181 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Dev Post: [Winter] Marauders Rebalance
« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2013, 06:22 »

I like.

That's the kind of uniqueness/flavor idea I wanted for all the other hulls they reviewed until now. Too bad they finally do that only for marauders...

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #16 on: 30 Aug 2013, 07:04 »

Who cares about PVP now I can pretend to be M.A.S.K. Rhino - IN SPACE!

Now all we need is an assault frigate that turns into an interceptor... ( cookie poitns for those who get the refrence )

Anslol

« Reply #17 on: 30 Aug 2013, 07:27 »

...Welp, looks like Scope has a new goal LOL.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 30 Aug 2013, 07:30 »

I think the cost will help keep these from being used much in PVP (although it'll be interesting to see if they allows the siege modules in the alliance tourney), but it'll be interesting to see what happens with incursions.

On the one hand, you need to be able to receive reps. On the other hand, you can have a monster local tank to go with your huge dps and damage projection. Can you get that local tank large enough to compensate for the lack of reps without gimping your dps?

Otherwise... these will make for interesting mission runners and not much else.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #19 on: 30 Aug 2013, 07:42 »

My PvE Kronos will be doing 5197.5 hp repairs on an 8.37 second cycle, and still fits 4 damage mods in the lows if that answers your question.

AAR's are going to be brutally effective with these, they'll certainly lean towards the 1% who can pimpfit PvP but they'll be extremely effective.

I'm also expecting gangs of TachyonPaladins for nullsec bubblecamps.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #20 on: 30 Aug 2013, 07:46 »

My PvE Kronos will be doing 5197.5 hp repairs on an 8.37 second cycle, and still fits 4 damage mods in the lows if that answers your question.

AAR's are going to be brutally effective with these, they'll certainly lean towards the 1% who can pimpfit PvP but they'll be extremely effective.

Yeah see, that level of tank, while also having a bunch of utility highs? My corp will definitely be investing in a few of these.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #21 on: 30 Aug 2013, 07:59 »

Yeah see, that level of tank, while also having a bunch of utility highs? My corp will definitely be investing in a few of these.

I should note that's completely min/maxed. But still you're looking at 4k+, then throw in a command ship for shits and giggles (the module doesn't block fleet boosts as assists right?)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 30 Aug 2013, 08:04 »

Yea like I said this will get nerfed to hell very soon. 

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #23 on: 30 Aug 2013, 08:05 »

On the up shot, for you roaming WH types, expect to find these in C3's soloing the crap out of them

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 30 Aug 2013, 08:13 »

Cael, these could possibly be used to solo C4s

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #25 on: 30 Aug 2013, 08:16 »

Cael, these could possibly be used to solo C4s

C4's tend to be slightly neut heavy, granted you could double cap boost your fit, but I'm sceptical as to how effectively it can be done.

I'll be more than busy testing this on SiSi when it goes live though.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 30 Aug 2013, 09:03 »

I'd just run cap injected with NOSes in the utility highs.

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #27 on: 30 Aug 2013, 11:35 »

I'm (mostly) trained to fly Marauders but haven't finished due to the costs vs. a standard T2 fit BS. Having established that I don't fly them, can someone please explain to me how this proposed revision helps in PVE? How about in PVP where they'd likely get immediately primaried and alpha'd off the field? To me the whole concept seems to be a convoluted, overly specialized answer to a question no one asked.
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #28 on: 30 Aug 2013, 12:05 »

Now all we need is an assault frigate that turns into an interceptor... ( cookie poitns for those who get the refrence )
The name "Valkyrie" is already taken. : /

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #29 on: 30 Aug 2013, 12:09 »

I'm (mostly) trained to fly Marauders but haven't finished due to the costs vs. a standard T2 fit BS. Having established that I don't fly them, can someone please explain to me how this proposed revision helps in PVE? How about in PVP where they'd likely get immediately primaried and alpha'd off the field? To me the whole concept seems to be a convoluted, overly specialized answer to a question no one asked.

The difference is in the Bastion module and added MJD bonus.

The Bastion module is similar to a siege module, except instead of increasing damage output it increases damage application capability (tracking, range) and provides mostly the same bonuses otherwise. It makes them tankier, but forces them to sit still.

The MJD bonus makes short-range weapons much more viable on Marauders - at least, aside from the Vargur, which already has a respectable 50-85km range with 800mm ACs (close-range ammo vs Barrage). It means that the pilot can literally blink around the field fucking things in the face with high-DPS fits that otherwise would have trouble applying that damage. MJDs have a standard cool down of 180 seconds - on Marauders this will be reduced to 54 seconds. If the player has trained the bastion module skill to 5, that means you can hit the MJD, land, do a single bastion cycle, then MJD elsewhere and repeat.

On the other hand, this will also work well with long-range weapons - blinking out to range and then sniping with sentry drones is already a great use of MJDs in PVE. Now imagine it with 1400mm arties, or 425mm Railguns, or Tachyons.

(tl;dr, you are vastly increasing the damage projection, tank and mobility of these ships.)

When it comes to PVP, you do raise valid points - while there may be some interesting 'niche' solo or small-gang fits I don't really expect to see Marauders becoming a common sight in fleets. They will, however, work well for POS bashing in highsec, I think.

It's like I joked in OOC last night:

Transrauders, more than meets the eye
Transrauders, Dreadnaughts in disguise
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15