Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Heaven' constellation in Curse is the former location of the Third Jove Empire and the current headquarters of the vast Angel Cartel?

Author Topic: [Character] Yun Hee Ryeon  (Read 3739 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
[Character] Yun Hee Ryeon
« on: 14 Aug 2013, 23:44 »

Name: Yun Hee ("Pleasant Lotus") Ryeon
Height: by clone
Weight: by clone
Hairstyle: none
Eyecolor: colorless (IE, by clone)
Place-Of-Birth: Achura, Insa district.
Race: Achura
Occupation: mercenary, Dead Six staff psychologist (with maybe a side-order of "warrior monk")
Faith System: Achura Shuijing (pantheistic sect noted for its skeptical view of mysticism)
Languages: Insa-dialect Achuran, Napanii

Overview:

Despite her lack of formal training in the field, Yun Hee Ryeon is the staff "psychologist" for the Dead Six Initiative, a role she's compared to being a naturalist. Thus far, her approach to her work has consisted mostly of monitoring her peers' mental states and taking notes while adopting the regular role of battlefield scout. She is deeply and unabashedly dedicated to her faith, and approaches most subjects from that angle. She claims to seek to be "a sword in the hands of others," and to have little interest in or concern over her contracts beyond performing that role.

In combat, Ryeon favors stealth, speed, and abundant use of planted explosives, preferring to outwit opponents rather than facing them directly, and she freely admits to savoring "the hunt." Her choice of gear emphasizes the use of nova knives, apparently an echo of her early religious martial arts training, but these are used more to quickly and quietly cut down unsuspecting targets than for direct combat.

Perhaps in pursuit of this role, Ryeon has chosen an ascetic existence, establishing no recreational clone and rarely appearing without a Minmatar scout dropsuit. She tends to speak hesitantly and deferentially when speaking with capsuleers. When dealing only with clone soldiers, she becomes more assertive.

Ryeon's background is obscure. Her family name comes from a well-known monk clan from the Insa region on Achura (Saisio III), a Shuijing sect stronghold, but even a cursory check reveals the name to be a pseudonym: there is indeed birth certificate for a Yun Hee born into the clan about thirty years ago-- and a death certificate for same, aged 2 years. The clan has had two members enter the Caldari military within recent memory, but both are still in regular service with the Caldari Navy and the Peace and Order Unit.

Ryeon has claimed at various times either to be or to have been mentored by the retired capsuleer Aria Jenneth. Either way, she comes across as much more empathetic and morally concerned than the capsuleer, and has recently been speaking out against the use of infamously-inhumane 'Toxin' weapons by clone soldier mercenaries. She has also spoken out frequently trying to dissuade clone soldiers from adopting attitudes and worldviews she identifies as capsuleer-like.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2013, 10:29 by Aria Jenneth »

kul Shaishi

• Clonejack
Re: [Character] Yun Hee Ryeon
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2013, 16:31 »

she is Aria Jenneth
« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2013, 16:18 by kul Shaishi »
If Eve has one lesson in it's narrative, it's that if you find any weird ancient space cybercrap, you should stick that shit straight into your brain ASAP, no questions.

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2013, 11:40 »

Yeah, we know

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2013, 10:45 »

I had no idea you were Yun Hee!  Mendov Ishenko here, it's been great squadding with you and I hope for more fun in the future.

Great write up and I hope you have more in the work :)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2013, 14:17 »

I had no idea you were Yun Hee!
WHAT A TWIST *o*

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33 »

WHAT A TWIST *o*
*cough* She told me *cough*

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2013, 17:36 »

WHAT A TWIST *o*
*cough* She told me *cough*
>raises hand
And I read the fiction.

Worth asking, is the original capsuleer still around in some form?

kul Shaishi

• Clonejack
If Eve has one lesson in it's narrative, it's that if you find any weird ancient space cybercrap, you should stick that shit straight into your brain ASAP, no questions.