Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Serpentis Corporation was initially a Gallentean research firm that evolved into a drug cartel? Read more here.

Author Topic: Young Freedom Fighter Seeks Employment  (Read 1035 times)

Felix Rasker

• Clonejack
Young Freedom Fighter Seeks Employment
« on: 08 Jul 2013, 14:08 »

Hello, folks, new guy again.

I got my first taste of PvP today and although I lost terribly (only got the enemy into 50% armor), I'm definitely hooked on the experience. I'm simultaneously fleshing out my character and developing my actual skill as a pilot, so to facilitate those two concerns, I'm looking for a corp that doesn't mind taking on a fresh rookie and letting him cut his teeth.

As a pilot, I'm only breaking about 500k SP, but I've focused it neatly into small-hull PvP. I can fit the basics of fast tacklers, working on getting my gunnery skills to 4's before I move into cruisers, and I'm competent with the d-scan and overview. Suffice to say, I'm new to the field, but I've done my homework and I hunted my first target with little difficulty.

As for the character side, Felix is by no means a fan of the Federation or current Republic leadership, but his qualms with the political sphere are outweighed by an urge to help his fellow Minmatar still trapped in Amarr space. Still, he wouldn't turn away from the darker side of warfare, even outlaw behavior, if it meant furthering the cause of freedom for the Minmatar. At the moment, FW still looks like my best option, but I'm open to anything as long as I get the opportunity to blow stuff up.

If anyone would like to contact me with advice on where to look, it'd be much appreciated. Feel free to mail me in-game. Thanks for reading!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Young Freedom Fighter Seeks Employment
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2013, 15:58 »

Abandon the limits of your factional allegiances and join the Alexylva Paradox! Help overthrow the corrupt institutions of today and create the world of tomorrow!
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Desiderya

« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2013, 17:53 »

I'll suggest a FW corporation to get into frigate/destroyer/crusier PvP with experienced FCs and, this is not unimportant, the ability to fund your PvP shenanigans with the use of some time and a rusty slasher thanks to plexing for LP.

Sadly I can't advocate some suitable FW/RP corporations on the minmatar/gallente side, simply because I don't know who's active in what TZs, but I'm sure someone else does know this.
Also sadly, "Freedom for the Minmatar" isn't exactly something that [DUTY] gives a shit about, so the RP angle is possibly too different, else I'd suggest checking out my own well hated organisation of frigate piloting scrubs.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2013, 20:51 »

if you really like PvP on a "budget", go for Red Vs Blue first....after learning the ropes, go for the FW option and RP along the way....

Trust me, is quite better to first learn PvP tricks and then move on with other stuff.

Felix Rasker

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jul 2013, 21:05 »

if you really like PvP on a "budget", go for Red Vs Blue first....after learning the ropes, go for the FW option and RP along the way....

Trust me, is quite better to first learn PvP tricks and then move on with other stuff.

That's why I'm looking at FW so far, seems like the most immediate way to hop in, lose my first dozen cheap Rifters and learn how to die slower.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #5 on: 08 Jul 2013, 22:19 »

Hey Felix.
I am going to second that if your looking for immediate frig on frig combat FW will likely be a good choice. That said if you would like to try something a bit more meaningful your welcome to come fly with us. I just so happen to have employed one of the meanest Minmatar terrorists out there who I am sure would be happy to take you under his wing and teach you everything you need. Whatever you choose, fly dirty man.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 09 Jul 2013, 00:10 »

Souchek's talking about me, there.  I'd like to talk to you about how what we're doing ties in to Havo's (that is, the IC Havo) madness and fervor for the liberation of the Minmatar still enslaved.  Hit me up here or ingame... If you're good with the d-scan, you're exactly what I'm looking for in a frigate pilot and I'll have plenty of help, advice and fun for you as you skill up.

We're definitely more toward the dark/outlaw side of RP, as well.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Felix Rasker

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 09 Jul 2013, 00:25 »

Souchek's talking about me, there.  I'd like to talk to you about how what we're doing ties in to Havo's (that is, the IC Havo) madness and fervor for the liberation of the Minmatar still enslaved.  Hit me up here or ingame... If you're good with the d-scan, you're exactly what I'm looking for in a frigate pilot and I'll have plenty of help, advice and fun for you as you skill up.

We're definitely more toward the dark/outlaw side of RP, as well.

That sounds pretty wicked, man. Might just take you up on that offer. I enlisted, so, gonna try my hand at some missions and see if I'm any good.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #8 on: 09 Jul 2013, 16:38 »

Enjoy your pew-pewing, you heathen savage.  :)
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events