Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That crews from destroyed capsuleer ships make up a substantial part of Blood Raider harvests? (The Burning Life, p. 59)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Guy Incoming  (Read 3458 times)

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
Re: New Guy Incoming
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jul 2013, 13:49 »

Knowing how to fly an indy isn't a bad thing, though. Sometimes it's nice to be able to haul an itty full of guns and ammo across the cluster as part of war preparations. :)

Felix Rasker

• Clonejack
« Reply #16 on: 02 Jul 2013, 16:50 »

Good advice.

That makes a lot of sense. At the moment, all I'm training up are the core competency certificate skills - felt like I should get a solid foundation for improving my ships' PG, CPU, capacitor and such so I could jump into anything and get a good start. But it's comforting to know I can try a little of everything early on without being penalized for it.

Corso.Verne

• sons of liberty
  • Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 02 Jul 2013, 18:11 »

Yeah, there's a ton of utility skills you need to get out of the way, so if you're still uncertain, those are a good choice to train no matter what. And like others said, even Indy ships have their uses, whether you're in high sec or a warzone. You can also find a lot of decent 30-60 day rookie skill plans that train you through the necessary shit as efficiently as possible. I think the Eve Uni wiki has one.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #18 on: 05 Jul 2013, 14:53 »

Heyo man. Welcome to Backstage and EVE in general. Play how you like it man, good thing about frigates is you can get stuck in early and hey if you get blown up it is cheap as hell. Don't worry all of us are salivating at the chance to recruit an eager pvp/RP pilot. You will find your place soon enough.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #19 on: 27 Sep 2013, 16:26 »

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #20 on: 27 Sep 2013, 17:42 »

Welcome!

...maybe I don't want to be a hauler as much as I thought I did when I bought and trained Industrials.

This was the plan on my first day of Eve. Isk and explosions are a bit more fun than space-trucking.

Says you...I'm still having fun with it, which goes to show there are all types here.

Welcome though!
Pages: 1 [2]