Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Solteur-class titans are not the same as the Erebus-class titans piloted by Capsuleers?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Because I am insane  (Read 5771 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
Because I am insane
« on: 21 Jun 2013, 11:33 »

Is there a way to make about 550 million isk in five days?  Without playing 23/7 or requiring super tricked out battleships? 

Why?  Because CCP gave me 5 free days to get back in the game, its working, but I'd rather just keep playing and I don't have spare cash until mid next month.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Because I am insane
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2013, 11:39 »

1) Getting lucky with exploration.
- Data and Relic sites have a chance of dropping BPCs for faction POS modules, including towers, even in highsec.
- Rated DED complexes can drop deadspace modules that sell pretty well on the market, if you can find them and the RNG is friendly with the drop.
- Unrated complexes can give you escalations that can provide a couple opportunities for faction modules, and sometimes if you're lucky to get all the way to the end of the escalation, a deadspace module or two.
2) Incursions. You can average about 100m/hr or more if you're in a fleet that knows what it is doing, and you aren't losing contested sites.
3) Jacking someone's unpiloted ship and selling it back to them.
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2013, 11:41 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2013, 12:07 »

Suicide ganking can get you that much pretty easy, as long as you've got a friend to scoop the loot.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2013, 12:15 »

Also:

FW can net you a pretty penny. A single small button can give you enough LP to buy a faction frigate BP. It costs you 2 mil, but you can then build the thing (for basically nothing) and sell it for 12-15 mil. If you're dedicatedly farming, I can see you earning 50-100 mil an hour. This is dependent on many things, though: Are there a lot of your side in the systems nabbing buttons? Are there a lot of enemies around trying to stop you? Even if you can't farm-claim a bunch of buttons, you can still easily make 50 mil an hour by simply sitting on small buttons in empty systems. Total time: 6-11 hours. Reliability: Mid to high.

L4 missions don't pay as well, but they're more predictable. If you use a well-fitted BS and speed run them, you can make probably 20 mil an hour or more - this includes the LP. You'll have to do some market research to figure out what's the best way to convert LP to isk, but you can easily see 1k ISK per LP. Total time: 25-30 hours of missioning. Reliability: High.

0.0 ratting is probably the least predictable, but I figured I'd throw it out there because you, technically, could make that work. The last officer spawn I got in 0.0 was Draclira. The fight took about 10 minutes, and netted me almost 2 billion in loot. Total time: Almost nothing. Reliability: Almost none.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2013, 12:25 »

I could loan it.
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jun 2013, 12:35 »

CLONE SOLDIER TAGS

Go patrol 0.2 systems looking for 'Clone Soldier' rats. 

Stealth Bomber. Orbit with target painter and lob torpedoes at 50 or 60 km, rats wont scratch you.

Collect Tags.

Sell for ridiculous profit.  I think prices have come down a bit but you can still turn a few billion in a few days of grinding if you spend some time with it.

I think they are selling for around 30m per tag, which is a long way down from 100m a few weeks ago, but its really, really easy money.

Protip: Regularly drop off you tags in stations because you will very likely be hunted in most areas, and you don't want to drop that much freebies for enemies.  We have been using special tackle-stealth frigates for just this task and have been killing all sorts of lazy exploration ships full of goodies.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jun 2013, 12:39 »

Confirming the clone tag profit. I made about 1.5 billion in a week and I was very lazy, generally only checking a few systems once a day. The prices are down now but you could probably make half that with a couple hours a day. As a bonus you may get lucky and find a faction spawn.

0.2 systems seem to be the most profitable followed by 0.1.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #7 on: 21 Jun 2013, 13:21 »

I really should look into this...
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jun 2013, 13:37 »

If I still have a stealth bomber, I'll look into that.  If not, I guess farm FW sites.  I'm guessing from what you said that you can still oribt friendly buttons and get LP?  Also, are enemy buttons still defended by NPCs?  Better question, is there a good guide to plexing that is up to date?

Louella, thanks for the offer, but I'm very bad with loans. 

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jun 2013, 13:43 »

If I still have a stealth bomber, I'll look into that.  If not, I guess farm FW sites.  I'm guessing from what you said that you can still oribt friendly buttons and get LP?  Also, are enemy buttons still defended by NPCs?  Better question, is there a good guide to plexing that is up to date?

Louella, thanks for the offer, but I'm very bad with loans.

You can come fly with me and live in my wormhole system, can easily make enough ISK that way, and if you're not there when the deadline gets in, we could help out.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2013, 13:49 »

You can orbit friendly buttons but your LP earned is based off of how contested the system is. If the system is at 35%, defending will only yield 35% of the LP for the plex. I believe offensive always gives full LP but there are NPCs to kill. (fewer than before though you are unable to kite and ignore them now.)

More experienced FW people feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #11 on: 21 Jun 2013, 14:22 »

I could loan it.
Interest rate and duration of Louloan$?

Also, off-topic here but Silas reminded me with that post: I fucking LOVE how much pvp there is in the RP scene these days.  Seemed it was the exception more than the rule just a few years ago.

Getting rebalanced fittings advice in OOC is more appealing than going to FHC (when you people answer my questions, anyway), and TS-F's public channel is great for that too (also fun).

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 21 Jun 2013, 14:51 »

Just remember that joining FW to farm the plexes will force you to be at war, and will screw up your standings with any faction you shoot at (I dunno what Sai's standings are sitting at now).
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 21 Jun 2013, 15:00 »

Pretty sure I already tanked my Amarrian standings from my last time in FW, but if I have to I have to.  And unless something drastically changed, I can still run the NPC blockades.  But we'll see what happens.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #14 on: 21 Jun 2013, 17:07 »

Is there a way to make about 550 million isk in five days?

I never have, but I hope so.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events
Pages: [1] 2