Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small colony hangars cannot have comprehensive hangar security systems due to the need to scramble forces quickly? (The Burning Life p. 78)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The Colelie/Broteau arc  (Read 7885 times)

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver
Re: The Colelie/Broteau arc
« Reply #90 on: 23 Aug 2013, 01:41 »

I hadn't thought about it in this way before but, I think you guys are onto something with the CCP wants to promote the 3000 ship null sec fleet battles as epic notion. Hell, during Fanfest one of the devs (I think it was Fozzie) straight out said as much. It's pretty apparent to me after over 5 years in Eve that anything beyond the null "end game" and appeasing the anti-Incarna pitchfork mob (including developing anything truly innovative for fear of rejection) is an afterthought or, completely off the table. Sad as it is for those of us who care about the lore and background of Eve I think CCP execs see that aspect of the game as low priority fluff to be dealt with in people's spare time.
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #91 on: 23 Aug 2013, 03:06 »

I hadn't thought about it in this way before but, I think you guys are onto something with the CCP wants to promote the 3000 ship null sec fleet battles as epic notion. Hell, during Fanfest one of the devs (I think it was Fozzie) straight out said as much. It's pretty apparent to me after over 5 years in Eve that anything beyond the null "end game" and appeasing the anti-Incarna pitchfork mob (including developing anything truly innovative for fear of rejection) is an afterthought or, completely off the table. Sad as it is for those of us who care about the lore and background of Eve I think CCP execs see that aspect of the game as low priority fluff to be dealt with in people's spare time.

During the 2013 FF Keynote, Hilmar's genuine shock at the applause for the suggestion that avatar related content is something that they may consider doing for exploration, a concept shown in 2012 at a Russian EVE meet, said it all. 

The very fact that the boss of CCP was surprised that people had decoupled 'bad incarna' (greed is good, microtrans, etc) from good incarna (everything that went into a devblog and that didn;t ever appear in the final release), is indicative of CCP top level staff drinking the same kool aid as the GD forum crowd.  This is a dangerous state of affairs, and one that needs to be remedied as EVE grows and the forums become ever more toxic as a result.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #92 on: 23 Aug 2013, 13:07 »

To me it's pretty much perfectly normal. They have a selling line and they keep to it to full strength. It's the same for my own bosses with their little, unique selling line that they keep repeating again and again ad-nauseam (for us it's always "It's not Starcraft, your actual skills are not related to your clicking ratio", for CCP it's always "THE SANDBOX and how people can do what they want and claim their own territory and fight in epic battles of 5000+ players").

It's what sells and it reassures people - especially their niche - that they still hold their core values as a top priority. It's pretty much marketing and selling your game.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #93 on: 25 Aug 2013, 08:40 »

I do hope something comes soon, but it has been too long in my opinion for anything meaningful to happen regarding Colelie.

Especially for those of us who's characters have been immediately, and likely, permanently, recast as villains over it, the lack of ANYTHING since the arc - a press release, a statement of apology, a Federal demand for answers - really makes it so, so much worse. The fact they turned Broteau over anyway afterwards? This arc just feels like its sole purpose was to just ruin the Minmatar as a remotely believable group of people and society.

Your post summed up everything I feel here, better than I can. We cant have grimdark all the time, it just becomes pointless. Thank you, Stef.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #94 on: 25 Aug 2013, 10:38 »

I do hereby declare Steffaine's post awesome.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #95 on: 10 Sep 2013, 13:53 »

While looking for something else, I found out that the security detail assigned to Karin Midular, was staffed by elements from the Elder Fleet.

Make of that what you will.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #96 on: 10 Sep 2013, 14:04 »

elements from the Elder Fleet.

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #97 on: 11 Sep 2013, 10:57 »

While looking for something else, I found out that the security detail assigned to Karin Midular, was staffed by elements from the Elder Fleet.

Make of that what you will.

Really?

Where was that info?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #98 on: 11 Sep 2013, 11:14 »

“We realize they’re in a crisis, but that does not give them the right to step on international law any way they see fit,” stated Republic Parliament Head Malaetu Shakor this morning.

an old quote that is funny nowadays.
\o/
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]