Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "because of Falcon" is passé?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Khanid Kingdom  (Read 8116 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Khanid Kingdom
« on: 15 Jun 2013, 19:21 »

The other empires have their own faction threads, so I think it's time to start one for the Kingdom folks. Here we compile all the information we can about the Khanid Kingdom and then discuss how we have the best paint jobs!
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2013, 19:33 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
Re: Khanid Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2013, 19:22 »

Let's start simple. Is the Kingdom part of the Empire or not?

The current situation is...

Just to clarify things, since I've been asked to do so:

Khanid II recognized Jamyl I as the rightful Empress of the Amarr people and dropped any claim he might have on her throne.
The Khanid Kingdom and the Amarr Empire now enjoy a mutual defense pact.
The Khanid Kingdom retains its de facto independence, but is a de jure vassal state of the Empire. Or, otherwise, Khanid II is technically a subordinate to Jamyl I, but otherwise runs his Kingdom exactly the same way he did prior to the whole agreement.
The Khanid Family has a seat on the Privy Council.

I'll leave it up to future revelations and player theory crafting to decide why exactly this whole thing was agreed to, but I believe you should be able to read between the lines to figure things out.
From CCP Eterne

Current Events

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2013, 19:33 »

Added it to the sticky - if you don't mind adding links to one of the ops as people come up with them (or you find them) MAkkal, that would be cool.  :D

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2013, 19:38 »

News Stories! \o/

Mar 16, 2004 - Ishukone and Khanid Kingdom sign multitrillion trade deal on Transcranial Microcontrollers

Mar 19, 2004 - Khanid Kingdom strenuously denies ill treatment of slaves

Mar 23, 2004 - Otro Gariushi defends Dark Amarr deal - claims chips improve slaves' lives

Apr 02, 2004 – Minor Skirmish on the Khanid Border

Apr 07, 2004 - Transcranial Chip price rises as Federation demand increases

Apr 11, 2004 - Dark Amarr rifts chip deal with Ishukone

Aug 12, 2005 - Khanid refute CONCORD claims

Aug 12, 2005 - Amarr Tensions

Aug 21, 2005 – Amarr Navy skirmish with Khanid forces

Oct 06, 2005 – Blood Raiders strike at the Khanid Empire

Nov 08, 2005 - CONCORD Memo Leaked

Dec 12, 2005 - Empire Moves to Deny CONCORD Claims as Internal Investigation Continues

Sep 6, 2006 – Loyalist Capsuleers obstruct theft of Khanid Carrier

Nov 28, 2006 – Khanid Transport Submits Investigation into Kingdom Economic Woes

Jul 17, 2007 - Intaki Bank secures funding for Syndicate R&D program

May 13, 2008 – Khanid corporations rally behind Gariushi

Jun 10, 2008 – Khanid Kingdom fortifies borders

Jun 11, 2008 – Khanid Kingdom stands down Navy, Mordu follows suit

Sep 21, 2008 - Independent audit receives mixed reception outside the State

Oct 06, 2008 – Order of St. Tetrimon welcomes Jamyl Sarum home

Oct 16, 2008 – Khanid Convoy Rescued By Tash-Murkon Patrol

Oct 28, 2008 – Tash-Murkon Navy Officers Honored By Khanid Kingdom

Nov 24, 2008 – Tash-Murkon Family Receives Khanid Innovation Delegation

Dec 11, 2008 – Caldari Trade Mission Visits Khanid Kingdom, Meets With Tash-Murkon

Dec 21, 2008 - Khanid forces mounting large-scale attacks against Blood Raider targets
Dec 21, 2008 - Royal Khanid Navy releases statement on Blood Raider attacks

Dec 23, 2008 - Amarr Empire announces capture of former Chamberlain

Jan 09, 2009 – Imperial Navy Observer Reports on Khanid Operations Against Blood Raiders

May 26, 2009 - Khanid 1st Fleet crosses Imperial border, meets Amarr Navy
May 26, 2009 - King Khanid II arrives in Tash-Murkon Prime, met by Catiz Tash-Murkon

Jun 01, 2009 - King Khanid II departs Tash-Murkon Prime, arrives in Amarr

Jun 02, 2009 - Empress Jamyl I meets with King Khanid II

Jun 07, 2009 - Khanid Kingdom granted Privy Council seat

Jun 16, 2009 – Caldari Look at Khanid-Amarr Reconciliation as Opportunity

Jun 17, 2009 – Gallente scholar describes Khanid's recent trip to Dam-Torsad as a 'worrying development'

Jun 19, 2009 – 'Business as Usual' Say Minmatar Military in Response to Amarr-Khanid Unity

Jul 25, 2009 – Khanid Bookstore Achieves a Record Quarter

Sep 22, 2009 – CBD Accuses Ishukone of Unfair Competition in the Khanid Kingdom

Oct 28, 2009 – Wiyrkomi announce new Khanid contract

Nov 3, 2009 – Poor Sales Reports for Hyasyoda, Executive Vanishes

Nov 11, 2009 – Khanid Navy Announces Maintenance Contract

Mar 28, 2010 – Khanid Innovation, Modern Finances Buy Stake in Samarkand Financial
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2013, 04:26 by Makkal »

Current Events

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2013, 20:29 »

Ah, memories. When we actually referred to them as "Dark Amarr".

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2013, 20:56 »

They're still Dark Amarr. Damn heretics.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2013, 21:14 »

Hail to the King, baby!

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2013, 22:57 »

They're still Dark Amarr. Damn heretics.

We don't need no damn Theology Council. Our Holders interpret scripture on their own!  8)

PS: Man > God.

Current Events

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2013, 23:50 »

We had an awesome AURORA event many years ago where we prevented an ultra-unionist plot to steal an Archon.  We Kingdom Loyalists got to stick it to the dirty Khanid traitors trying to reunify with the Empire :P

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/loyalist-capsuleers-obstruct-theft-of-khanid-carrier/

Khanid II is my favorite PF character in the entire PF.  Love, love, love his story and history and how it unfolded (and continues to unfold).

Also anyone Jamyl calls a 'bag of vipers' and is scared of is not to be trifled with.  :)

KHANID II FOR EMPEROR OF THE UNIVERSE.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2013, 03:07 »

I still have difficulties to cope with the use of the term "mutual defense pact".

What we have ingame does not reflect this the slightest, but sure, it is somehow gameplay vs lore so it doesn't bother me too much.

However a mutual defense pact implies to me an equality between both parties, which have to be more or less independent from each other. It contrasts with the statement that the Khanid are now again a vassal of the Empire. In feudalism the vassal is the only one to pledge his services to his liege to benefit from his protection, it does not go both ways. It is how it works for the Ammatar Mandate, which is a protectorate vassal, and which also explains why the Mandate is currently not involved in the proxy war, unless the Empress call for her levies, which has yet to happen since only the Imperial Navy is now fighting in the war. The vassal families fleets are not involved, the same way that the Ammatar Fleet is not, and the Khanid Navy is also not involved.

A mutual protection pact would imply that the Khanid would have to answer military to come to the Empress help. I think it is a bad choice of words.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2013, 03:26 »

As I understand it:

Mutual defense: If either the Empire or Kingdom is attacked by another nation, the other party is obliged to lend military aid.

This likely has nothing to do with CONCORD's proxy war, though Kingdom citizen going to Imperial schools might be part of the agreement.

I'm going to guess that being a 'de jure vassal state' while being 'defacto independent' is much like the relationship between Canada and the Queen of England. As I understand it, the Queen of England is technically the Queen of Canada -- it's just that she has no power over Canada's laws, policies, trade, etc.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2013, 03:33 by Makkal »

Current Events

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 16 Jun 2013, 03:31 »

Right. I missed the de jure part.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2013, 03:43 »

I became Khanid almost by accident.  The players I started Eve with all went Amarr, so I joined them and Khanid seemed vaguely interesting.

Now the more I learn about them, the more convinced I am that we're the most devious, unscrupulous and downright mean of all the 'lawful' factions.  It's awesome.  All the more so because we sit in a corner and get forgotten about, because the Empire gets all the flak and farms out its justifications - even though most of us Khanid don't really get behind a lot of them. :P

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2013, 04:32 »

After I came to understand the character of the Kingdom and its nobility, I had to shift Makkal's backstory to explain how someone like her could come from that culture.

I imagine if the Kingdom ever became as powerful as the big four, it would become the evil empire of the setting.

Current Events

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jun 2013, 04:38 »

However a mutual defense pact implies to me an equality between both parties, which have to be more or less independent from each other. It contrasts with the statement that the Khanid are now again a vassal of the Empire. In feudalism the vassal is the only one to pledge his services to his liege to benefit from his protection, it does not go both ways.

Err, it does go both ways. In a state of vassalage, the vassal pledges their armies to their liege, while the lord agrees to protect their vassal from external forces. That's one of the major aspects of feudalism. A vassal pledges their fealty to their lord, swearing that when their lord requires them, they will train, equip, and provide an army. In return, the lord offers protection for the vassal, along with a grant of land.

Therefore, as it stands with the Empire and the Kingdom, if the Empire goes to war with any other nation, such as the Republic, the Kingdom would be obligated to send troops to assist. If the Kingdom is attacked by any other nation, the Empire is obligated to protect them.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2013, 04:49 by Samira Kernher »
Pages: [1] 2 3