Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That crews from destroyed capsuleer ships make up a substantial part of Blood Raider harvests? (The Burning Life, p. 59)

Author Topic: [LFC] Seeking Employment  (Read 3966 times)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
[LFC] Seeking Employment
« on: 15 May 2010, 23:42 »

Novice Pilot Seeking Employment

-   Tube-born, screened for genetic mutation
-   Certified basic field technician, cruiser and below
-   Willing to be trained for specific flight roles
-   Booster free
-   No piracy, all else is negotiable
-   Must allow pets, smoking

((Boring OOC Stuff:
Okay, made an updated version with a bit more information, I realized that blurb of mine doesn't really say much. >> So!

I’m a relatively new pilot in EVE, but I’m eager to expand my horizons and find employment in a noob-friendly corp. Specifically, I’m looking for an RP corporation, preferably Caldari, but if your corp is open to other races, I’ll fly for anything but Gallente. To briefly summarize:

-   1.9mil SP, but picking up speed with Rank 5 skills.
-   Able to fly up to Caldari Battlecruiser, Minmatar Frigate.
-   Mostly Rank 4 skills for scanning, experience in exploration and associated modules (hack, arch, salvage, probes).
-   IC, Senn is a young, tube-born capsuleer, though his parent company went under during his growth, leaving him searching for work anywhere he can find it.
-   No experience in PvP, but highly interested in participating in small gang work.

Primarily, I’m on the lookout for mercenary/bounty hunter/freelance-themed corporations, that don’t mind letting me skill up my rank 5’s while I work for them. I’m currently flying a T1 fitted basic “wolfpack” style Rifter. I could just as easily learn to pilot other ships for the benefit of the gang I’m flying with.

If you’re interested in a fresh pilot with room for specialization, contact me in-game via mail, or post here if you prefer I fill out an application. If you need an interview, you can also open a conversation with me in-game.

Thanks for your time.
))

« Last Edit: 18 May 2010, 02:01 by Senn Typhos »
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: [LFC] Seeking Employment
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2010, 23:46 »

Do you have an eye toward what faction you might work for?

Vikarion

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2010, 00:06 »

Well, I've personally enjoyed working with LDIS. They're a great bunch of guys, work together, help newbies make money and learn the ropes, and generally rock. They are pretty industry focused, however. What are you looking for, precisely?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2010, 00:42 »

LDIS tries to be newbie friendly.  We are very, very industrial focused.

A good description is probably a "profit-seeking Caldari patriot corporation."  And it is not RPing profit seeking, but actually building & operating a corp that pays its members, has shareholders, etc.  These presents its own set of RP/management challenges.

Please ask any questions you may have

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2010, 00:43 »

As far as faction goes, Caldari is still where I'm aiming, but honestly with a character this new and with only thirty days under my belt, I'm just looking for a direction at this point. I suppose speaking strictly from IC, the only thing that's totally out is Gallente.

And as far as work, I prefer being active, so manufacturing, research, mining, not really my bag. Still interested in scouting, exploration, and although I haven't had a taste yet, I'm still rearing to try my hand at PvP. ICly, my boy's starving, he just needs work. XD Anything from running security or scouting for industrials, even mercenary work, I'm just trying to get a bead on some options.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2010, 01:39 by Senn Typhos »

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2010, 21:53 »

A shameless update, I just bought and outfitted my shiny Rifter, so I'm at least mildly PvP capable now.
I'm saddened at how much I love this ship, after pushing for my Caldari stuff so much.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2010, 23:38 »

Caldari Ships can pvp too; they just have to work as a team a lot more.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2010, 00:23 »

Caldari Ships can pvp too; they just have to work as a team a lot more.

Probably true, but this thing looks like a muscle car. In space.

I don't know what's more badass than that.

Maybe a muscle car in space with a chainsaw on it.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2010, 01:20 »

An...orange transparent chainsaw?
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2010, 01:50 »

An...orange transparent chainsaw?

... thats on FIRE! >:O

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2010, 09:54 »

Okay, I know you said Gallente are out, but what about a subgroup trying to separate themselves from the Intaki?

The ILF is an RP corp dedicated to the creation of a free and independent Intaki state. We are currently in the middle of a recruitment drive and are looking specifically for PVP pilots to fill out our ranks.

Check this out to see what's in it for you: http://www.ilfcorp.com/what-we-offer.html

And then look around the rest of the site to see what else we've got going.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2010, 10:57 »

Okay, I know you said Gallente are out, but what about a subgroup trying to separate themselves from the Intaki?

The ILF is an RP corp dedicated to the creation of a free and independent Intaki state. We are currently in the middle of a recruitment drive and are looking specifically for PVP pilots to fill out our ranks.

Check this out to see what's in it for you: http://www.ilfcorp.com/what-we-offer.html

And then look around the rest of the site to see what else we've got going.

I have a bad short-term memory, so I might have already sent you a PM on this question. But yeah, some dirty PvP is what I'm looking for, and I have the skills to scan down grav sites (as I read on your site). So as long as you don't mind having an IC mercenary in your ranks, I would be happy to work for your corp. So long as I get my slice of pewpew. >w<

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2010, 11:40 »

I've replied to your PM, but to answer publicly, if you will pledge loyalty to the corp and your brothers in arms we will allow you into the corp. If you prove to be a loose cannon who can't follow directions, we'll put you right out.

We have a number of pilots who are dedicated to our cause now whose first message to me was "So I heard you take in new pilots? Is it okay that I'm not Intaki?"

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2010, 11:59 »

Revolutionary causes have long attracted individuals who join due to their belief in the "rightness" of the cause rather than prior personal dedication -- think Ernest Hemingway in the Spanish Civil War, or the number of immigrants (including illegal immigrants) who serve in the US military today.