Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That cleaner bombs can remove small messes, including lingering aromas?(The Burning Life p 33)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [MISSION]The Averon Exchange - Gallente Epic Arc  (Read 2970 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

Additional Text in mission brief

Crossing the Line

Averon lies just a few jumps out from the Genesis border, and the intermingling of Gallente and Amarr cultures is evident on the system's station. Curiously, the station is a Caldari facility with a typically Caldari reputation for unscrupulousness. It's a melting pot of dark, cultural undertones, from the Gallente with their unrestrained hedonism, to the Caldari with their lust for ISK, and even Amarr slavers, ever keen to make some quick money selling captives and other tortured souls.

Although the cultural might of the Federation has influenced the bordering systems in the Genesis region, the reverse is also true, if lesser known. Catering to the endless hunger for flesh that exists in certain Gallente circles, the Amarr slavers have few qualms or problems smuggling people a little way inside Federation borders. It has been said that some of the Federation's most depraved nightclubs and bars can be found in the systems where cheap slaves are only a few jumps away.

DED pop-up when you warp to the site

The Averon Exchange has been identified by the DED and Federation Customs as one of the most dangerous and illegal gatherings of criminals in the entire Elalan constellation. The location shifts from week to week as the inhabitants evade DED raids and set up elsewhere in the system. Various residents are wanted on charges of people-smuggling, forced prostitution, and illegal slaveholding.

DED Threat Rating: Deadly

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: [MISSION]The Averon Exchange - Gallente Epic Arc
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2013, 09:49 »

Seems like a great place to bring a flamethrower to.

Or have a great party, depending on your approach...

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Anslol

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:57 »

If they were serious about shutting it down it could be done -_-

(inb4GAEMMECHANICS)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2013, 13:49 »

To clarify: what does the arc actually have you doing? Taking out the Exchange, or something else?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2013, 14:05 »

You engage some gang members you are chasing down that are hanging around the exchange, followed by some generic Merc NPCs (possibly exchange guards?). You do not destroy the exchange, which I admit is a bit of a problem if Esna ever tried to run that arc... his response would pretty much be "fuck the laws, I'm landing troops."
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2013, 16:05 »

To clarify: what does the arc actually have you doing? Taking out the Exchange, or something else?

You are following a group codenamed "pator six", responsible for a kidnap. The Exchange is just the place you engage part of their mercenary forces.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2013, 22:06 »

So, it's Mos Eisley wearing a coat of Caldari metal polish and brimming with slave traders. Cute.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2013, 23:38 »

So, it's Mos Eisley wearing a coat of Caldari metal polish and brimming with slave traders. Cute.
Sounds less like Mos Eisley and more like a impromptu cartel/rista/misc slave trading/human trafficking market floating in space.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2013, 11:55 »

Sounds less like Mos Eisley and more like a impromptu cartel/rista/misc slave trading/human trafficking market floating in space.

Sounds like you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy to me, Creep.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2013, 16:35 »

Sounds like you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy to me, Creep.
Jita.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2013, 17:36 »

Jita.

Jita's more like Coruscant-- plenty of underbelly if you know where to look, but polished and civilized.

Not Mos Eisley.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2013, 17:46 »

Jita.

Jita's more like Coruscant-- plenty of underbelly if you know where to look, but polished and civilized.

Not Mos Eisley.
(I was joking.)

Amamake, OMS, VFK. Although, granted, I'm speaking from a purely capsuleer point of view. The assembled stations of the Intaki Syndicate are each sort of one big Mos Eisely, and Black Mountain chrons make out Angel Stations to have a similar dynamic, if somewhat more governed by the Cartel.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2013, 19:12 »

Jita.

Not Mos Eisley.
(I was joking.)

And here I thought you were making an editorial remark about traders.

Amamake, OMS, VFK. Although, granted, I'm speaking from a purely capsuleer point of view.

Indeed-- and they are thus insufficiently wretched. Capsuleers are quality people, even the piratical ones. What do you suppose the multi-millionaire-equivalent population of Mos Eisley is?

The assembled stations of the Intaki Syndicate are each sort of one big Mos Eisely, and Black Mountain chrons make out Angel Stations to have a similar dynamic, if somewhat more governed by the Cartel.

Did Mos Eisley strike you as anywhere near that organized?
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2013, 19:15 by Aria Jenneth »

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2013, 19:18 »

Jita.

Not Mos Eisley.

Nahh, Jita's got too much on-the-table outright scuminess to be Coruscant, with all the scams, suicide ganks, and quasi-legal merchandise for sale. More Nar Shaddaa.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jun 2013, 23:18 »

Jita.

Not Mos Eisley.

Nahh, Jita's got too much on-the-table outright scuminess to be Coruscant, with all the scams, suicide ganks, and quasi-legal merchandise for sale. More Nar Shaddaa.

Hm.... Point. I'm not really seeing that many crimelords running the place, though; I'd think certain major Angel/Serpentis stations would approximate Nar Shaddaa.

Jita 4-4's got boutiques and fine dining that doesn't involve live frogs, even if local is permanently clogged by scammers. It's like Coruscant getting its comms traffic spammed by a bunch of con artists.
Pages: [1] 2