Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lai Dai megacorporation has far ranging interests, is one of the foremost research companies in the cluster, and has strong links to the Khanid Kingdom?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wheels within wheels... plans within plans...  (Read 2741 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Re: Wheels within wheels... plans within plans...
« Reply #15 on: 06 Jun 2013, 13:48 »

Aria started out as a planner, of sorts. However, since plans, indeed, do not survive first contact with the enemy and Aria's worst enemy is and always has been herself, she's gradually learned to avoid elaborate schemes and just sort of gently press in the direction she wants things to go.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 06 Jun 2013, 13:50 »

Nah, none of that planning stuff for me. Makes the ol' noggin hurt. Do not mistake the appearance of always having a plan for actually having one :p

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #17 on: 06 Jun 2013, 13:53 »

The Aeternus Initiative can neither be confirmed/denied.

The blood it will take to see through on the other hand is undeniable.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #18 on: 06 Jun 2013, 13:58 »

I don't really have any 'goals' or 'plans' in EVE aside from having fun, so I tend to let Morwen "lead" in that regard.

Morwen, while prone to impulsive knee-jerk (re)actions, definitely likes to have some sort of plan or idea where she's going with things, and tries to keep tabs on the "bigger picture" when she does make her plans. So while I know roughly what her intent is when she does something, how she reacts isn't set in stone.

Some of her longer-term plans are already pretty well on their way to being completed, though the route they took to get there is definitely nothing like what she'd originally planned. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #19 on: 06 Jun 2013, 14:00 »

Shin has motivations which affect what she does, but she rarely plans to any real degree. Which really explains a lot about the choices she's made over the years. In the Greek sense, she has a philosophy of life that informs the choices she makes.

That's starting to change, however, as things develop - especially since we're not nearly operating in such a PF vacuum anymore. :D

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #20 on: 06 Jun 2013, 14:30 »

Aria started out as a planner, of sorts. However, since plans, indeed, do not survive first contact with the enemy and Aria's worst enemy is and always has been herself, she's gradually learned to avoid elaborate schemes and just sort of gently press in the direction she wants things to go.

This is probably a lesson Saede is going to need to have pounded into her.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 06 Jun 2013, 19:44 »

My OOC plans mostly tend to fall into more OOC-ish categories ("get spacerich, fly shinyships, don't asplode, fly bigger shinyships, kill stuff") and so for a good while didn't generally tend to affect my RP much. The point at which this began to be an issue is when I decided I was sick of FW and looked for other medium-large scale PvP opportunities; what I found was that by segregating the two so heavily, I could no longer find a corporation which met both IC and OOC goals.

ICly, Esna is a colossal planner with varying success. On the one hand, he has in some cases stood up for and helped certain people he saw as being consumed by a still-reversible hatred; this has had some success in certain situations (more success, Esna will tell you, than he has had simply shooting his enemies). Conversely, Esna will occasionally turn around and methodically pick away at a specific target. The most public example of this is when he incessantly collected information on and then publicly hounded Leopold Caine in revenge for what he saw as a personal attack by Caine on Esna's protection as a host.

As a 3rd option, some of Esna's goals are downright unattainable within RP as they operate in the decades-to-centuries-long timescale that Holders often tend to view things in.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #22 on: 06 Jun 2013, 19:46 »

I, as a player, like to plan. And, thus, old-Seph liked to plan. He had plans within plans, long, short and medium term, some took weeks, some took years. And, in general, they usually worked more or less as they should to a reasonable point.

But that requires a lot of time and planning, which I no longer have. So Catillah only has set his direction and planned the milestones and key points to reach it. He's a soldier, so he leaves the bigger plans to his superiors in the Praetoria.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #23 on: 06 Jun 2013, 20:00 »

I have a plan.  To see everything, to do everything. 
I always keep moving forward, on to the next thing and the next one. 

IC I just want to make a person come alive, to seem real and do develop over time.  So that as more and more time passes, I won't have to speak for her, others who know Aya will. 

Also I am looking for fights, drama and arguments.  But you all knew that =/

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #24 on: 06 Jun 2013, 21:09 »

Celeste has had plans.  She still does, though this week's event has thrown a wrench in them.  In the recent past, it was best not to ask about her plans, because there was always the risk she'd be completely honest, and completely honest often included the confession "I'm glad we had the chance to have this chat while you're still you".

Vieve has a plan.  It involves having a home cooked dinner every night.  Sometimes things interfere with that and must be punished.

Maris ... has work to do.

Druur Monakh

• Wetgraver
    • Hazardous Goods
« Reply #25 on: 06 Jun 2013, 22:50 »

Interesting question - one which I've been pondering in the back of my head the last days.

A year or maybe even half a year ago, I would have said 'no': I had originally made up just enough background to write stories against, and then just let the character develop based on and in feedback with what happened. And while I sometimes do play 'what-if', down to scene sketches, long term there is still no plan.

Right now, however, I actually do have a rough short-term plan, triggered by a direction my character was suddenly taking - to my own surprise, I must say, because I didn't ever expect that to happen. I plan to nudge her along that direction, but the exact outcome is still up in the air.

Afterwards, I'll likely go back into feedback mode again, at least for some time. Partly because I'm not really good at writing CD posts  :)

IC, Druur is in a very confusing period of her life.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 06 Jun 2013, 23:56 »

Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #27 on: 07 Jun 2013, 05:38 »

You know, I actually use the exact phrase the OP is titled with to try and explain to my space friend Gan what is wrong with me lol.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Della Monk

• Clonejack
« Reply #28 on: 07 Jun 2013, 13:34 »

I'm in the same boat as Kalaratiri. I read up on the lore before I made Della, picked a background that suited my attitude and expected playstyle, and when I started to roleplay her further down the line it's as a reflection of that ooc playstyle. So, when it comes to those outside of her corp she doesn't really have any schemes beyond socialize and enjoy herself.
I personally would love to get her tangled up in the plans of others, but that comes about from said socializing, approaching others ooc, repeatedly mentioning that I'm interested it and seeing if anybody approaches me, or random happenstance.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #29 on: 07 Jun 2013, 13:35 »

You know, I actually use the exact phrase the OP is titled with to try and explain to my space friend Gan what is wrong with me lol.
Because Dune.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events
Pages: 1 [2] 3