Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

Author Topic: Order of the Ebon Rose  (Read 1759 times)

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
Order of the Ebon Rose
« on: 03 Jun 2013, 14:44 »

So, I got to thinking the other day about various things regarding my character and seeing the path her development has taken compared to the initial concept I had for her when I started playing EVE.  With the downtime on Sunday, I did a lot more thinking and plotting of ideas and such and I have started a project that I am going to try to implement in the game.  In order to supplement this idea/concept, I have started putting together a forum site (yeah, I know, "another forum, wtf?").

I am still in the process of getting content in so it is a bit bare-bones at the moment.  If you do have the time and want to check it out, you should be able to take a look here: Order of the Ebon Rose
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Vincent Pryce

Re: Order of the Ebon Rose
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2013, 15:43 »

I'd suggest editing your text on the forums, it is hard to read wordgarble. I'd also recommend keeping your admin account as... Admin. The name Vampyre, with a y no less, combined with EVE makes me want stick you in the eye with a rusty spoon. :P

I will follow with cynical curiosity what those 'like minded interests' will turn out to be. Best of luck with what ever it is you are in the end trying to do with this.

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2013, 15:46 »

Duly noted and will look at fixing it up.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2013, 13:55 »

Why an 'ebon rose?'
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2013, 15:08 »

I myself have a thing for the rose, specifically the white, black, and red roses.  I know there is a lot of material about the meaning of roses and their color, but in a nutshell, for me the rose represents (in no particular order): love, honour, purity, innocence, death, life, rebirth, temptation, pleasure, and pain.

When I was thinking up the name, for some reason Ebon just sounded more romantic than Black and it does go back to the Middle English as being of a black color.  Having a fondness for the romantic ideals of chivalry, knights, and codes of honour and wanting something that paid homage to that and with the idea that Steff was looking back to Gallente's past for inspiration, I settled on Ebon and the title sounded right after saying it a few times.

Now, a confession of sorts...another reason I didn't go with the Order of the Black Rose is because of one of my favorite fantasy villains of all time: Lord Soth, Knight of the Black Rose.

On a side note...I should have paid a bit closer attention to the Ticker field in the Corp setup instead of just selecting the default.  I'd blame the lack of description on what the field is used for, but even then, I should have caught it before moving on cause now I'm the owner of OOTER  :oops:

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2013, 15:31 »

Corporation OOTER, even.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jun 2013, 15:40 »

yeah... :oops: