Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The voice of the AI on capsuleer ships was recorded by Excena Foer? Read more here

Author Topic: So, do we now have Gallentean ultranationalists?  (Read 1837 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1317253&page=1#14

As I mentioned on another thread, to which I thought this subject alone warranted it, members of the BI-PO corporation who would have never RPed before, since they're all militia pirates, very l33t, very pro etc. etc. are now RPing as quite extreme.

This is why this whole Sansha thing is epic. People who would have never RPed before are now RPing. So, behold, the Federal Ultra-Nationalists...Bi-Polar Bears!

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: So, do we now have Gallentean ultranationalists?
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2010, 22:13 »

umm... STRIX was fairly ultranationalist.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2010, 11:06 »

STRIX is a PMC (private military company), with ties to FIO and working for the Federation Government.

We are not exactly "ultranatiolists" but could be regarded as such by outsiders who do not take into consideration we are just a mercenary corp who has chosen a "side" and flag.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2010, 12:42 »

Blackwater* is a PMC, I would call them (ultra)nationalist.

*Their name changed to something else.

In the world of Eve, Home Guard is a PMC that has chosen a side & flag and is (ultra)nationalist.  Ishukone Watch is a PMC that has chosen a side & flag and is not nationalistic.  NOIR. is a PMC that has not chosen a side/flag and is not nationalistic.

The fact that STRIX is a PMC does not determine its political leanings.

STRIX, last I heard, STRIX was "owned" by the Roden Shipyards (owned by Roden, who is nationalistic).  So at the very least STRIX is nationalistic

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2010, 12:45 »

I don't see why you couldn't categorize PMCs as ultranationalist. Certainly some RL companies fit, so the mere fact that they shoot people for money doesn't disqualify them prima facie.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2010, 19:33 »

This is why it's epic. It affects everyone on a larger scale than we thought, getting everyone involved. I'm amazed to see players RP who seem like they'd rather PvP and get l33t l00tz.