Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

Author Topic: "Fagwar" and its redundancies  (Read 1265 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
"Fagwar" and its redundancies
« on: 13 May 2010, 10:30 »

Oooh, boy, if you want to get me riled up, call FW "fagwar"...honestly, I will start by outlining my impression of pirates...

- Baiting with "PvP on easy mode" Drakes, before calling in a team of Blackbirds at 100km
- Running around in solopwnmobiles like Curses and Vagabonds
- RSB'ing blobs around gates and station undocks
- Desperate KM whores, bringing in Rooks, Flycatchers, and other t2 doodads to catch an unfit Condor

Apparently these tactics make them, by default, l33t PvPers over anyone in FW, who in turn, the stereotype is...

- Blobs
- More blobs

All of these points I have listed are correct, and have had personal experience in all instances. But they are not universal, by any means. Outside of the meatgrinder systems, like the OMS->Tama pipe and whatever it is for Amarr/Minnies, FW is absolutely fantastic for solo or small gang PvP on gates and stations without having to worry about station guns. Even the larger fleet fights outside of the pipe are good, such as around 7 or so cruisers taking on a group double-the-size composed of assault frigates and similarly sized vessels. I have learnt a LOT about PvP from FW, and the formula is great...

AML Caracal and you're in a frigate? Bring a Thorax
Thorax and you're in an AML Caracal? Bring a frigate
Frigate? Bring an Arbi or Vexor
Arbi or Vexor? Bring a Rupture

And so on and so forth, the instances of running around in solopwnmobile BCs and HACs is highly reduced in the FW plex wars. Life has been given to a lot of tech 1 cruisers that would otherwise just be another KM to a pirate's HAC. A lot of the t1 frigates are now viable too (still, the Dramiel is very OP). If you look at any of my kills, you will see very few instances of ganks and blobs, because the stereotype is not a universal fact. In fact, the greatest thing about FW is that frigates can now engage on gates without getting pwnt by the gateguns.

The point is, please stop this unfounded rubbish about FW. The points are valid and have truth, but are not universal, and pirates are not by default l33t PvPers, especially if they fly flashy t2 ships where pretty much everything is a potential target (You have to be selective with t1 cruisers, naturally). On the inverse, good luck asking ME how to fit any T2 cruiser ship or above...

(On a related note, where's this rubbish that pirate RPers are by default more badass than factional RPers? Do people not know what a Kameira or Black Eagle is?)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: "Fagwar" and its redundancies
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2010, 11:31 »

[admin]Moved to Catacombs. Offensive title, rant, attacking/insulting other players, etc. Feel free to repost, perhaps focusing on the positive aspects of FW.Any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or post in the Moderation section.[/admin]