Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kyoko Sakoda interned with Omerta Syndicate? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Two things  (Read 3383 times)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Two things
« on: 06 May 2013, 03:51 »

Because, as an unsubbed bittervet, he is unable to post on the official forums, and instead directs his screeching and wailing here.

The ceaseless complaints of how anyone who treats or attempts to interact with the universe as anything more than only what we see on our computer screens is doing it wrong gets pretty fucking old, though.

Personal attacks from a moderator and an expressed view that viewpoints expressed in these forums by someone that does not subscribe to the game anymore are somehow less valid than someone elses that subscribes to the game?

Am I to draw the conclusion here that the moderator team is all right with the view that somehow views expressed about EVE and New Eden are validated by paying money to CCP, by the moderation?

Expressing a view of New Eden and EVE that is contrary that a person themselves have is not 'screeching and wailing' it is just a point of view.

You can take it or leave it, but as far as I can tell on these forums if you do not share someone elses view you cannot be rude about it.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
Re: Two things
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2013, 04:00 »

I agree. Does being a moderator exempt you from the rules of this forum? Or is it more of what my dad used to say to me when I was little, "Do as I say and not as I do?"

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2013, 04:54 »

If you see a post by a mod that seems out of keeping with the rules and desired spirit of the forum, please use the Report button.

For my part, I see no personal attack there so much as snark.  And Morwen didn't YDIW him, only pointed to his YDIW habit.

Further, Morwen didn't say or imply that the poster's view was invalid at all, that I can see.  Only that he's unsubbed and can't post on Eve's boards.

Given some of the shit the Team let's go, I doubt even Ashar would've been modded for the quoted post
« Last Edit: 06 May 2013, 04:58 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2013, 05:44 »

Hey Lallara...

YDIW.

No, really.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2013, 06:29 »

I agree that moderators should be treated like everyone else when it comes to handling the content of their post.

For example, if I found a moderator's post was out of line, I'd hit the report button and submit a complaint instead of, say, starting a new thread about it.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2013, 07:02 »

If one goes back through your posting history, Lallara, a very large portion of them have something in common: they all boil down to the same basic sentiment.

"If you RP as if there is more available to capsuleers than what is literally in front of you as part of the client, you are doing it wrong."

RPing as if there's anything more than a simplified text chat interface? You're doing it wrong.
RPing as if we can actually go anywhere other than our capsules? You're doing it wrong.

The list goes on.

A lot of the times you 'contribute' to discussions here, it's either just rehashes of the above, which you often get moderated for, or ranting about how CCP is doing their own game wrong.

Moderators and forum users alike are growing tired of it. In fact, we'd suggest you go and do it somewhere else like the official EVE forums, where it's not only tolerated but encouraged, but that's the thing - you can't, because you're not subbed. So you're stuck doing it here. Where it's against the rules.

If you want me, and others, to stop calling you out on your YDIW posting habit, stop doing it.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anslol

« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2013, 07:14 »

Why do you and Lasa always start these threads and stir shit? If anything is old, it's you two spinning your wheels and whistle blowing. For Christ sake get over it.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2013, 07:30 »

Yes, I suppose it's technically against the rules.

But, man. Think meta; win EVE. Go home. Stop arguing about a game you don't like enough to actually play, with people you obviously hate. Everyone will be better off for it, you yourself most of all.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2013, 10:17 »

Why do you and Lasa always start these threads and stir shit? If anything is old, it's you two spinning your wheels and whistle blowing. For Christ sake get over it.

Huh? I don't know the person who started this. I was just commenting on it. Seriously Anslo, leave me alone. I didn't do anything to you.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2013, 11:04 »

I agree. Does being a moderator exempt you from the rules of this forum? Or is it more of what my dad used to say to me when I was little, "Do as I say and not as I do?"

What is it that has given you this idea?
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2013, 11:38 »

What is it that has given you this idea?

I have seen several posts on the forum where a moderator, making a comment not as a mod, has said some things that are a bit offensive. I mostly just passed over them at the time, but since this was in the moderation discussion, I thought I would ask. I'm not stirring any pot. I don't care how you mod the forum.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2013, 13:08 »

I was about to report that post myself but I did not hit the submit button at the last second, and thought about it a little more. I think I report too much stuff and tend to care too much about everything.

I still feel that Morwen post was a bit meh, and kind of a low shot. But you should have used the report button, at least it gives you a justification for opening a post here if no action has been taken by the mods.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #12 on: 06 May 2013, 16:06 »

This is my own thoughts on the matter, so keep that in mind.

Moderators are not exempt from the rules, and I am very particular about policing my co-workers when poor behavior is brought to my attention. That being said, there are things I would take action against that are occurring here. The moderation team, in my experience, dictates judgment based on the poster's known posting history on this forum and the quality of their posts. Subscription to EVE, or what ever else, is not a factor in decision making.

A person's views may be whatever they wish, but when they engage other people on this forum it must be done in accordance to civility. It does not matter what the views are, unless they directly violate other rules, so long as the conversation is handled elegantly and with respect any adult would want in conversation. This is the point most condemned posts simply fail to meet - due consideration for the other party when conveying their message.

Morwen's post is not the only possible offender in this entire affair. There are several I would have to condemn as they are all guilty of the same action, should judgment reach that point. There are several posters themselves who I want action taken against, based on their virulently toxic posting history and pattern of behavior. Our team hasn't reached a decision on that yet, either, so it is also under review.

If the users of this forum have a vote of no confidence in their arbitrators, I suggest taking it directly to the head administration. If a moderator violates a rule, reporting it so the office of moderation has a record of it is very useful. You may not see any action occurring on the surface as a general user, but it is filtered and affixed to its appropriate case file. I would much have things taken care of immediately whenever possible, however action has to be refrained when more information is necessary. It is not elegant, but it helps us dictate cases with more certainty and clarity.

Report posts you think violate the rules of the forum, but do so with clarity as to why you think they violate the rules. We can see when people are trying to game us to remove posts. We can see when someone is having a bad day and rage reported. We're not stupid, and to the extent of my knowledge, we have not gotten terribly upset with anyone reporting that wasn't doing it maliciously to begin with.

Bring the matters to our attention, and we can work on it. It might not be fast, quick, or elegant, but if we have nothing to work with then nothing will get done.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2013, 16:12 »

For what its worth Lallara's posting on Backstage is about 100x more polite that it used to be on Chatsubo! :)

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #14 on: 06 May 2013, 17:15 »

For what its worth Lallara's posting on Backstage is about 100x more polite that it used to be on Chatsubo! :)

And chatsubo died for a good reason. The last long argument you me and Revan had would never have gone over page 1 on Backstage. Regardless of how nice any of us are in comparison to whatever, is irrelevant to the fact that we will need to abide by the rules of this forum, and 99% better than old Chatsubo is meaningless if 10% below the Backstage minimum standard. I can say this wiser from injury as a poster with a history of my own on these boards.

Pages: [1] 2