Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Author Topic: Some Corporation resource type questions  (Read 1070 times)

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
Some Corporation resource type questions
« on: 27 Apr 2013, 20:32 »

Ok so I had some questions and thought I should just come here and ask them.
I'm sure I will have more but just these two bugging me at the moment.
The First: At the bottom of the forum list on the EVEO forums there is this button that says like "create corporation forums". It gives this kinda warning message with details but does not seem to do anything. Is this a broken feature or something? Am I just stupid? Please tell me.
The Second: Was thinking of making a corp article on EVElopedia. Having never done any Wiki type thing I guess I was wondering if there are any tricks/tips for that from peoples who have done it before.
Well thats it for now. I think of anything else I will post it I guess.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: Some Corporation resource type questions
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2013, 20:53 »

1. It's an idea about how corporations can have their own private forums provided on the EVE-o servers. I don't know where the idea went, it's probably mothballed.

2. Copy another corp's rawtext for their entry and then fill in the blanks, if they have a format you want. Go from there, as you will need to dig around research for wiki formatting text lines to see what you can get.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2013, 22:06 »

Ahh rgr about the forum thing. Sad, based on the popup it sounded like it would be an awesome little thing. Especially since it would keep your corp forums near the official ones. Well never know they might be back for it someday :)
Also good idea, Ill just try it out and then see what I can't grasp. Thanks man.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2013, 22:39 »

The EVE-O corp forum thing does work in some fashion - Wolfsbrigade has a small section up - but I think most people tend to like to use their own external forums either out of :opsec: concerns, wanting to have a communication method when EVE-O goes down, or simply wanting a more flexible forum than EVE-O provides.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2013, 06:43 »

Ok interesting, where are they located at on the forum list? I tried accepting the thingy but never saw the new links pop-up anywhere. Personally I like the idea of having some corp forums that are so close to the greater community forum. If really for nothing than more basic resources for newer players, seems a good way to not overburden them with third-party applications.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2013, 07:45 »

same thing happening to me ....i've tried creating some forums, but can't.

Also i havent been able to find a proper devblog about such a feature.

edit: found it

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/3392

however the important part is:

The current expected launch date is February 8th, which constitutes as "soon" in every sense of the word I believe

(Update: The launch date originally posted in this blog did not hold and work continues on the corp forums)
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2013, 07:48 by Bruno Bonner »

Reinheart Novan

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 28 Apr 2013, 12:59 »

I set those up for my last corp. They were on the normal list around where the corp alliance and org section/CSM section was IIRC. You did need a certain amount of members from memory. It was a reasonable number, something like 20.

We found few folks used it, preferring to stick to older forums we already had set up, so it became the directors comms forum mostly.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #7 on: 28 Apr 2013, 13:12 »

I set those up for my last corp. They were on the normal list around where the corp alliance and org section/CSM section was IIRC. You did need a certain amount of members from memory. It was a reasonable number, something like 20.

10, from memory.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #8 on: 16 Aug 2013, 09:43 »

So, about the EVEO forums, Kala was right it is 10 members necessary to use.
I figured out the Evelopedia thing. By which I mean I stole shit from other people per Ghost's suggestion :)
Having some trouble with the auto-linking of the Corp/Player fields. Realized that I had mislabeled Souchek and needed to add "(Character) to make it work. I labeled 10K "(Player Corporation)" however to get it to link from Soucheks page I needed to actually add the player corp part to the field. Noticed that on say Ghost's page it is just the corp name. Wondering if anyone had any ideas on that?

What I'm talking about below:
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Souchek_Lehman_(Character)
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Ten_Thousand_Years_(Player_Corporation)