Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kaalakiota, or KK, is the largest of the Caldari megacorporations, and was run by Tibus Heth.

Author Topic: Ten Thousand Years[10k] - Shinjiketo - Solitude/Placid - Combat/Exploration  (Read 2541 times)

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei

Who we are:
  10k was founded in the later part of YC114, based on a core of loyal baseliners and capsuleers from a distinct ethnic grouping of Achurans. They were originally the inhabitants of Chukukaigan prefecture on Saisio 3, an economically depressed coastal town. After becoming a capsuleer, Souchek Lehman viewing them in effect as his extended family, hired and uplifted virtually everyone. They now assist the various capsuleers adopted into the fold, serving as crew, staff and bodyguards.
  The first iteration of 10k was as a R&D firm operating in the Kingdom. Working primarily for Khanid Innovation the company soon found greater profits lay with finding and raiding hidden Blood Raider installations. A renewed focus on exploring and utilizing the resources gained led the pilots to find a less populated and more lucrative home.
  Following suggestions by friendly Khanid officials, the decision was made to try the Bleak Lands. Though many of the details from that period are still classified it is known that 10k flew alongside several regional pirate alliances for over a year. In time, possibly due to inter-coalition conflict, the corporation left abruptly. Though details are again scarce it seems they moved their operations to a lower class wormhole for several months before appearing in the Placid region.
  10k's internal organization remains a mystery. What information exists indicates an almost gang like structure. Sharing similar interests, living together as one large family and assisting each other in various profitable enterprises. Current reports indicate they have settled on loosely allying with the Intaki Syndicate and working on control of a small section of space in Solitude.

Where we are located:
  There are two pockets of high security space in the Solitude region. For now our focus is on the significantly smaller of the two. It is buried down a long lowsec pipe in either direction. As such there may be a wait while we organize getting any new hires down there through transit wormholes or with some scouts. Also depending on what ships you fly and activities you are interested in we can just get your pod down and furnish you with some basic gear.

How I do that RP thing:
  Mainly my RP is done through my actions, what I decide to do with my characters in space. I like to chat sometimes in the Summit or other channels but rarely do the "lets go to a bar" style of RP. You however are welcome to play as you like, have as much immersion as you desire. I have never specified whether alliance/corp chat is IC or OOC but most OOC discussion between my friends and I happens in various intel channels.

Who you are:
  So, I am easy to get along with and a pretty casual player. I only have so much time, generally on the weekend, and the same goes for those friends I have already. We like to dabble in all sorts of things, that being said other than exploration not really experts in most fields.
In the end I dont care at all about experience or SPs. I just have a few things I want.
  Not a rude person - I curse, I like jokes, Im 30+ years old and a crazy sarcastic pothead. That being said I also know when something is going to far. Not a big fan of racism/sexism/other isms, dont really care who you like to vote for and am mad turned off by bittervet "EVE is dead" type stuff. Fine for you to think anything you want just I care about who you are in EVE not really the real world you dig?
  Can entertain/motivate yourself - I will help with anything I can, I do however need people that dont need to be spoon-fed content and can get excited at the whole scene and get involved. If you are into Industry say you could organize an in-corp buyback program, if you like combat you could take some frgi/cruiser roams out to tangle with the local pirates. I help you, you help me, we help everyone else, we all have more fun things to do.
  Loves EVE - Cannot stress this enough. I love this crazy world, from the lore to the metagame. As long as it is within the realm of possibility I will be playing this game and furthering the story. If you love EVE as well than get in ma corp yo!

For OOC contact join "SHIN-Public"
For IC contact join "Hollow Coast"

10k CEO:
Souchek Lehman - CEO and Shinjiketo Honsho

10k Officers:
Gan Fuzhong - Exploration

Roime- Exploration and Combat

Shinayin Naerth - Industry
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2013, 15:55 by Souchek Lehman »
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette

Welcome to Sol then  ;)

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei

Thanks man! You out this way?

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette

Been living on the bigger high sec island in Sol for some time(two years at least it seems :eek: ).

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei

Ahh rgr, yet to make it over there. I read that EVE-Uni had a campus thingy there and decided it was probably a bit packed lol.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

This is possibly-interesting. I might give you a shout if I ever get around to resubbing.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei

Love to hear from you, could really use some experienced RPers to help with that side of things. Recruited a couple people but they are pretty fresh players so mostly been teaching them basic game rules and helping them through the EVE-hurdles.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei

Updated and changed some stuff. Still out there, with the new changes in Odyssey things are looking pretty interesting down here. Need more interested self-starters to come down and help work on controlling and exploiting this region.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?

I've been spending a good chunk of my EVE time in Solitude for, uh, years. Though I like the corp I'm in at the moment, I'd be far from averse to hanging out.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei

Hey man, for sure. We can always use more friends. Also more enemies. People in general!
Sorry I really had no time to talk earlier. Kinda madness until closer to the weekend. Get up with me yo.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?

No worries, hope to chat again soon.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

I need to make a new sig, now.  Solitude is p. chill, target rich, good exploration and there's a lot more to Shinjiketo's RP angle than Souchek alludes to here.

We have cookies.  Come join us.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Roime

• Clonejack
  • 10K - Shinjiketo

Joining 10K totally rekindled my love for New Eden, and I'm learning to see the game from a fresh, new angle after a short break AFK. I was drawn in by the unique ideas of Souchek and the RP perspective (still getting my feet wet :) ), and the fact that 10K is no stranger to offensive PVP combat- which to me is a major part of EVE.

Our branch of Solitude is a very special area offering great exploration and massive potential to act as the stage for Shinjiketo plans, as well as target-rich environments either in surrounding low security systems or the nearby small-gang hotbed of Syndicate. Not forgetting Anoikis, which we use both for logistics routes and hunting.