Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Re-Awakened Technologies Inc is a Minmatar Republic loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PvP 101: The Fundamentals.  (Read 10010 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: PvP: The Fundamentals.
« Reply #15 on: 17 Apr 2013, 08:28 »

"If everything on your screen suddenly gets a yellow box around it, you're being locked.  If those yellow boxes turn red, you'll start taking damage.  In most fleets, that is a good moment to be elsewhere.  If you can align and can do so, warp out.  Don't stay and try to tank it unless you have multiple logistics ships.  Nobody can survive when they've been primaried by a fleet.  Get out of there, then warp back in once you're safe.  The enemy fleet will find a new target."

Lol.

The last thing I want anyone in any of my fleets doing is running away the second they get shot.

Works for us.  In our fight with IRED today we had 3-4 people warping out in structure and back into the fight more than once, and this was the result:

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=83257

Yea for for sure, I guess it's just important that the running off isn't the primary reaction, and that points are covered etc before scattering off. 

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #16 on: 17 Apr 2013, 08:49 »

If the enemy fleet is too incompetent to get and keep a point on their primary, it's almost your duty to give them the laugh.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #17 on: 17 Apr 2013, 11:54 »

"If everything on your screen suddenly gets a yellow box around it, you're being locked.  If those yellow boxes turn red, you'll start taking damage.  In most fleets, that is a good moment to be elsewhere.  If you can align and can do so, warp out.  Don't stay and try to tank it unless you have multiple logistics ships.  Nobody can survive when they've been primaried by a fleet.  Get out of there, then warp back in once you're safe.  The enemy fleet will find a new target."

Lol.

The last thing I want anyone in any of my fleets doing is running away the second they get shot.

Works for us.  In our fight with IRED today we had 3-4 people warping out in structure and back into the fight more than once, and this was the result:

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=83257

Not just empty quoting, THis is a valid idea, to warp off when aggressed and come back to the fight.

However, getting the nuances of "take what damage you can, distract for a little while and then get out" would be in a more advanced guide and not just the 101. In 101 if your screen turns yellow and then red, right then is the right time to get out. Eve if at that point it is just saving your pod in a large fleet. Or saving your ship in a smaller gang fight. an alive ship, even at 1% structure does 100% damage, a dead ship does 0 damage.

So in simple terms, a ship with 1% structure left is just as good as one with 100% HP left. but a dead ship shoots nothing... aside missile flight time, and random Drone "Last shots"

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #18 on: 17 Apr 2013, 13:38 »

Warping out as soon as you start taking damage is something I've only seen in large fleet fights, speaking personally, so I still consider it purely a large fleet tactic. Not to say it doesn't have its place in small gangs, but in Bacchanalian's example it's something that the FC set up ahead of time. Which, I think, is really what it's all about: Do what your FC says. If they want you to bug out when you start taking damage, do that. If they want you to stay, do that. A good FC will be sure everyone in the gang knows what's expected of them.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 17 Apr 2013, 16:13 »

Indeed.

For the record, this is what my ship looked like when I warped out just before the fight was over.  I warped as soon as tackle was peeled off of me, and came right back in, but by the time I landed the fight was over:

http://i.imgur.com/zU3FmJk.jpg

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #20 on: 17 Apr 2013, 17:08 »

Bacchanalian, you are a sexy, sexy man...

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 17 Apr 2013, 18:14 »

Was annoyed, I couldn't overload my guns because of a bug.  Anytime I overheated my highslots they would cycle off.  Fire one round, cycle off.  Only way I could leave them firing was to turn off overheat.   :psyccp:

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #22 on: 17 Apr 2013, 18:19 »

Looks like the rest of your ship overheated just fine, though...  :P

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #23 on: 06 Jun 2013, 04:33 »

OP updated with the new Ship Fitting guide.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #24 on: 06 Jun 2013, 12:12 »

Can you start a new thread instead of updating the original?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 06 Jun 2013, 12:19 »

Can you start a new thread instead of updating the original?

I guess I could, yes, but I was considering grouping them all in one thread rater than ending up with 10 or 15 different ones. What do people think?

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #26 on: 06 Jun 2013, 12:23 »

My rationale for asking.

1) This forum doesn't get much activity anyway. A new thread every month is not going to hurt it.

2) Each new posting, being about a new topic, will start new conversation (one hopes.) If PVP part 5 of 13 is about solo fights and I want to read people's thoughts and opinions on it, scrolling through a bunch of conversation about parts 1-4, 6-13 isn't going to help me.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 06 Jun 2013, 12:26 »

Aye, that's fair enough. Ok, I'll transfer it over to a new one.

Lyn Farel

Re: PvP 101: The Fundamentals.
« Reply #28 on: 06 Jun 2013, 13:33 »

With a random cloak fitted that I forgot to unfit for the fleet and noticed at the end of the fight.
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2013, 13:34 by Lyn Farel »
Pages: 1 [2]