Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CCP removes Black Eagles story.  (Read 2428 times)

Vikarion

CCP removes Black Eagles story.
« on: 25 Mar 2013, 13:34 »

So, it looks like (on brief examination, I'm eating lunch and have to get back to work) CCP has removed the "Black Eagles arresting singer" story. Parts of it are still available one Eve-radio, such as here:

http://eve-radio.com/news-compendium/eo-in-game-a-rp/2026-black-eagles-investigation-reveal-crimes-of-jolee-hanvyner-and-wife

Anyone have any ideas why? My theory is that it might be sort of a semi-OOC play to make Blaque look really controlling, or it could just be CCP removing stuff that makes the Favorite Faction look bad.  ;) :P
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2013, 13:49 by Vikarion »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: CCP removes Black Eagles story.
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2013, 13:39 »

While I noticed this too, I really don't think CCP is doing anything like that.  They just did a migration to a brand new community site.  It is possible that some things got lost in the transition.  A better idea than bitching about CCP having a "favorite faction" is to actually contact the community team and letting them know, and ask question.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2013, 13:40 »

This "favorite faction" thing has gotten old.

Unless you were being sarcastic and meta and poking fun at yourself.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2013, 13:43 »

They just redesigned the Community website. That includes the news page.

The old faction stuff can still be found in the RSS feeds. That article is in this one in particular.

I pointed it out to FoxFour on Twitter earlier. It's a fucking oversight. Get over yourself.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vikarion

« Reply #4 on: 25 Mar 2013, 13:49 »

Unless you were being sarcastic and meta and poking fun at yourself.

I should have made it more obvious.

Edit: saw Morwen's post. Anyway, it's too bad it's an oversight. It would have been more fun if it had been the FIO trying to scrub the feeds.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2013, 13:57 by Vikarion »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2013, 14:01 »

@TibsInSpace @morwenlagann @ccp_falcon The plot is ongoing. My scheduling of that one was... Not the best.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2013, 14:07 »

I apologize if my post was a little harsher than necessary.

If you were making fun of yourself, fine, but after the last week and a half, expecting us to see that kind of post and not hear tinfoilhattery klaxons sounding is a little on the unreasonable side.

I think that if they were going to try something like that, it'd work best if we had actual themed faction news sites.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vikarion

« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar 2013, 14:09 »

I apologize if my post was a little harsher than necessary.

If you were making fun of yourself, fine, but after the last week and a half, expecting us to see that kind of post and not hear tinfoilhattery klaxons sounding is a little on the unreasonable side.

I've already made fun of myself in a couple other threads. I think my concerns have merit, but that doesn't mean I can't also poke fun at them.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 25 Mar 2013, 16:09 »

This wouldn't be the first time, unfortunately. Sometimes I wonder if CCP actually has copies of all the articles they loose, or if some of the oldest ones are actually lost-lost.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #9 on: 25 Mar 2013, 17:51 »

This wouldn't be the first time, unfortunately. Sometimes I wonder if CCP actually has copies of all the articles they loose, or if some of the oldest ones are actually lost-lost.

There are a ton of old ones I'm not sure there is any way to access anymore - which is a real shame, cause there was some quality stuff there.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 25 Mar 2013, 21:23 »

I'm still pissed they just tossed away chrons like the Tierijev Pocket, which could have just been fixed up relatively easily :/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 26 Mar 2013, 13:52 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=219298&find=unread

Post by CCP Eterne, tl;dr: "Local" faction news items will be posted to the above thread on the IGS until the web team finishes the news feeds.

I'll update the Summit MOTD to reflect this later when I get home!
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #12 on: 27 Mar 2013, 11:08 »

I'm still pissed they just tossed away chrons like the Tierijev Pocket, which could have just been fixed up relatively easily :/
Glad I've got an old copy of The Book of Eve then. Page 685: "The Tierijev Pocket".

Anslol

« Reply #13 on: 27 Mar 2013, 12:08 »

Blaque be ratchet.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #14 on: 27 Mar 2013, 14:38 »

Since you started the ball rolling on sharing our opinions on other people's posting I'll just follow your lead and share mine:

I feel that you should block Vikarion.  Your whining over his posts is getting old.  It seems like the only reason you post is to tell him he's doing it wrong.    His content is always relevant, interesting and insightful while your remarks on what he says is none of those things.

Pages: [1] 2