Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kyoko Sakoda interned with Omerta Syndicate? Read more here.

Author Topic: What other fictional characters influence yours?  (Read 1926 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

A little topic similar to Hollywood actors, though more about existing characters in other fiction (whether book, movie or video game) are influences for your character.

For example, Seriphyn is a bit of Tony Stark from the Iron Man movies, Captain Jack Harkness from Dr Who and the renegade-jerk Commander Shepard. I'm not at all well-read, so I have no novel characters to suggest =3

Fire away!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: What other fictional characters influence yours?
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2010, 17:53 »

Casi has more than a slight resemblance to Trinity (from the Matrix movies) in her, for certain, and a bit of mad scientist in her as well.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2010, 21:38 »

Katla is similar to Peer Gynt from Ibsen's play of the same name. A set of shifting, skin-deep values, demeanors and excuses wrapped around an empty identity.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Grr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2010, 06:20 »

I don't think it was intentional but Grr ended being loosely based on she-ra but with the insanity and genius of washu.

Vieve

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2010, 07:04 »

Vieve wound up being inadvertently based on Galatea, a character in Alfred Bester's 1979 short story "Galatea Galante".  The story's a riff on the Pygmalion myth, and a cautionary tale about how introducing random elements into a perfect design can really mess things up.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2010, 09:09 »

I'd say Penguin as portrayed in Batman returns, the Mouth of Sauron from LOTR, Sir Humphrey Appleby from Yes Minister, skeksil from the Dark crystal.

A few others, if I think about it :P

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2010, 14:26 »

Starbuck from the new BSG. Debi "Whiplash" Purcel for a physical description, even though embers a bit taller, and for her callsign as a kind of easter egg. Also just about any other slightly authority bucking character from movies, books, or games.  Ill have to search a bit to get more names but Ill update this if i get around to it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2010, 03:53 »

Ald started out rather like John from Brave New World; sensitive, idealistic, and filled with old-world values, but with his head in the clouds and therefore quite naive. Then he got himself involved in much bad crap and he kinda got squished for it.

Now he's still much the same, but with an added bent on trying his best to be noble and good to make up for his past deeds. Problem is, I'm sure I'm thinking of a character that's like that but for the life of me I can't name them. Augh!