Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: DEV BLOG: The Battle For Caldari Prime v2  (Read 25950 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: DEV BLOG: The Battle For Caldari Prime v2
« Reply #270 on: 28 Mar 2013, 16:19 »

In the case of the Incursion events, that was an issue of Marketing dictating to Storyline deadlines and shit for the Incursion expansion, and Storyline dictating to Live Events to make sure they stayed on track to meet those deadlines.

Right now, Marketing isn't as involved and it's just Storyline dictating to Live Events the general directions they want to go with the story - likely without much in the way of specific end goals, and leaving Live Events to determine how to accomplish that ingame.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #271 on: 28 Mar 2013, 16:21 »

Considering how much publicity surrounded this, I think saying Marketing wasn't involved is a bit of a stretch.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #272 on: 28 Mar 2013, 16:24 »

Marketing is not involved to the hand-up-Storyline's-ass-playing-puppeteer extent it was with Incursion. Hence, "isn't as involved".
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #273 on: 28 Mar 2013, 16:31 »

Marketing is not involved to the hand-up-Storyline's-ass-playing-puppeteer extent it was with Incursion. Hence, "isn't as involved".

I'm not sure what leads you to believe that. I am willing to grant it is possible, but barring some sort of secret knowledge on your part, I think that's not in clear evidence.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #274 on: 28 Mar 2013, 19:09 »

I am pretty sure a lot of this story arc has to deal with DUST marketing vs Eve marketing.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #275 on: 28 Mar 2013, 20:25 »

To be clear on what Morwen is saying - the events in the Incursion leadup were pretty much pre-scripted once Sansha was decided on as the Incursion faction; so, CONCORD HAD to be overcome by Sansha; Sansha HAD to make off with large portions of planetary populations; Sansha HAD to extract core samples from the Apocrypha-event planets, etc etc. The events team at the time did a fairly good job of rolling with various things players threw back at them - see: Graviton wormhole "jamming" and the whole crashing-a-freighter-into-a-wormhole thing - but ultimately the entire Incursion leadup events demanded that Sansha be placed in a position to strike anywhere in the cluster and overcome most faction navy defenses, in order that the incursions be able to be marketed as a threat to capsuleers. I don't think CCP was ever shy about saying this, even as they strove to include player ideas in the arc.

The Uprising events, by contrast, have been marketed as "Come see stuff blow up! Or have a part in the storyline! By making stuff blow up!" The marketing aspect of this is pretty open-ended, although things started sliding downhill in that respect (which has been discussed to death here and I won't go into further). Point is, it was not marketed from the start explicitly as "X event WILL happen by the end of the story chain."
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]