Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: DEV BLOG: The Battle For Caldari Prime v2  (Read 25949 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
DEV BLOG: The Battle For Caldari Prime v2
« on: 21 Mar 2013, 22:23 »

[mod] Let's try this again, on topic. Discussions of how much CCP hates you, you faction, your family and your kittens belong somewhere other than this thread. The mods are keeping an especially close eye on this thread for derailment and will rain thermonuclear mod death should it start to happen.   [/mod]

Dev Blog
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Anslol

Re: DEV BLOG: The Battle For Caldari Prime v2
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2013, 06:44 »

The battle begins, the pieces are set, the universe is about to catch fire...and I'm recording a meeting about a TB vaccine...woo hoo

:|

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2013, 06:47 »

Turns out CCP Masterplan spent the night poking and trying to change code. He's announced this little ditty:

As of DT today, the faction navy response in Luminaire has been deactivated. This means that members of Amarr and Caldari FW corps will not trigger a navy NPC response in the Luminaire system.
(This does NOT affect the police response to crimes and outlaws - CONCORD consequences will still be in effect for now)

As CCP Affinity further clarified:

There will be 1 spawn of 4 NPCs that can easily be taken care of but the further spawns after the initial have been disabled. Hope this makes things a bit clearer and I hope to see some Caldari FW pilots defending their titan.

Faction police for -5 sec status and CONCORD oolice for GCC criminals are both still in effect.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Anslol

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2013, 06:49 »

Holy shit that's about to make things really interesting.

Where's Grideris? I want popcorn.

EDIT: Wasn't there supposed to be a live stream of this somewhere?
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2013, 06:53 by Anslol »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2013, 06:59 »

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/new is the official stream from CCP.

There will undoubtedly be streams from players.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:27 »

Turns out CCP Masterplan spent the night poking and trying to change code. He's announced this little ditty:

As of DT today, the faction navy response in Luminaire has been deactivated. This means that members of Amarr and Caldari FW corps will not trigger a navy NPC response in the Luminaire system.
(This does NOT affect the police response to crimes and outlaws - CONCORD consequences will still be in effect for now)

As CCP Affinity further clarified:

There will be 1 spawn of 4 NPCs that can easily be taken care of but the further spawns after the initial have been disabled. Hope this makes things a bit clearer and I hope to see some Caldari FW pilots defending their titan.

Faction police for -5 sec status and CONCORD oolice for GCC criminals are both still in effect.

Good to see CCP working out the mechanics so both sides could participate. Hopefully that will make it a little more fun for all involved.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2013, 07:29 by ArtOfLight »
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:31 »

Neat.

Ciarente

• The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:33 »

System now a t pop cap of 1000 , 3 1/2 hours before the event. Rough count indicates that 1,000 includes approx. 500 shuttles, t1 frigs and noob ships.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Anslol

« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:36 »

System now a t pop cap of 1000 , 3 1/2 hours before the event. Rough count indicates that 1,000 includes approx. 500 shuttles, t1 frigs and noob ships.

So most people are there not even to fight but just watch in shuttles and frigs?...Wow...hope they get ganked first.

Ciarente

• The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:37 »

It's also quite possible that people have their combat ships in station and are hanging out before things start.

Cal Navy Wyverns now moved into range, btw .

Anslol

« Reply #10 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:40 »

ugh anger...rage...frustration....wish I was there T_T

Thanks for reporting it though Cia. At least we can have some eyes there.  :cube:

EDIT: And if they DO go Tovil Toba, either trimark plate mwd mega bump that beatch or go clear skies 2 on its hydrazine tanks. Make sure to play epic music if you DO do that.

Disclaimer: Anslo (c) would not condone the death of a few thousand people on a titan for the sake of epic and win, but Anslo (p) would cheer you on with a foam finger.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2013, 07:45 by Anslol »

Ciarente

• The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:48 »

I'm sure Twitter is much more informed and immediate! :P

Anyway, the Wyverns (one of which is named the Tovil and is captained by our old friend Sami Okuda) have set up reps on the Leviathan.  Goons are reported to be camping gates into the system; since system has reached cap I guess they can't get in either.

Local is ofc full of spam, scams and pron, and people going GCC on pointless ganks.

So basically, so far, it's like Jita, but with more capitals.

Anslol

« Reply #12 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:52 »

I'm calling 4 Titans, simultaneous doomsday. If the Leviathan is destined to go down, there's no other way to really cripple it fast enough to prevent it from firing on the planet....at least I think. Maybe you'd need more Titans.

EDIT: And of course the one day somethings going down, my company decides to block any game related website. For today. Of course...no stream for me then.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2013, 08:00 by Anslol »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #13 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:01 »

Proof that life can be a bitch:

Blessed with a reportedly short work-day. Show up, help get stuff done, go home, reported needed time - 30 minutes. A short day, in other words, I could be home and log in right after DT, before the cap is reached.

Problem - one co-worker fails to show up. Needed time extends due to more work-load for the rest of us. Further complication - cargo fails to arrive on time due to mechanical failure in the transport. It needs to get to service to look over the problem. More time is wasted. Result - cargo arrives massively over time and due to the nature of it getting things done requires highly impractical means with less crew on hand. Work-day takes near 3 hours instead of 30 minutes.

I could have been home by the time DT was over and log in in Luminaire. Instead I sit here looking at the log-in screen telling me to wait or log in elsewhere. Well, logging in elsewhere won't help me get in, and the gates are likely to be highly dangerous places to be. So now I'm in the same boat as only CCP knows how many others.

Likely going to see the system again through the stream before I see it in-game at this rate. :bash:
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2013, 08:27 by BloodBird »

Anslol

« Reply #14 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:05 »

If your ship is tanked for PvP, you'll be fine spamming enter at the gate. CONCORD is still in effect, so you aren't going to get suicide ganked unless you're in a ship worth a few billion.

Also, militia is still active outside Luminaire. So if you're worried about Cal Mil ships ganking you on gate, don't worry, there won't be any. Now IN Luminaire? Well, that's another story lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19